"streaming" ideas

Been wanting to set up a date and time to start streaming or at least get an idea of what to stream.

But my question is does anyone stream? and if so do you just click stream and go or is there a plan involved with it such as times and dates also what games to stream as well

Any suggestions are welcome i can also put up the list of games i have to see which ones gather the most intrest

I reckon having a set time that you can stream X times per week consistently would be best if you’re wanting to be serious with streaming. Having a routine set will help you get some return viewers. Choosing the game you play will come down to what you want to; could stream one game to show off your sick skills or be a variety streamer and be more of a personality driven streamer. It’s a very slow grind to garner viewers so the most important thing is to just have fun with it - don’t feel the need be restricted by having to stream the most popular game or X number of hours per week. 

Kia Ora. 

On 5/27/2018 at 7:27 PM, Corey the Kiwi said:

I reckon having a set time that you can stream X times per week consistently would be best if you’re wanting to be serious with streaming. Having a routine set will help you get some return viewers. Choosing the game you play will come down to what you want to; could stream one game to show off your sick skills or be a variety streamer and be more of a personality driven streamer. It’s a very slow grind to garner viewers so the most important thing is to just have fun with it - don’t feel the need be restricted by having to stream the most popular game or X number of hours per week. 

Thanks kiwi, I think my biggest problem is trying to appease everyone but thats impossible I just want this to be good to some degree at least

Thanks kiwi, I think my biggest problem is trying to appease everyone but thats impossible I just want this to be good to some degree at least
Don't worry about appeasing the fuckwits on this forum, we're never appeased. A pissed-up maybe.

Personally I just start streaming when I feel in the mood, so long as no-one else is already on.

In the words of those scumbags at Nike: just do it.

[emoji8]

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

3 hours ago, phil bottle said:

Don't worry about appeasing the fuckwits on this forum, we're never appeased. A pissed-up maybe.

Personally I just start streaming when I feel in the mood, so long as no-one else is already on.

In the words of those scumbags at Nike: just do it.

emoji8.png

Ok thanks phil i see when everyone is streaming and go from there

Ok thanks phil i see when everyone is streaming and go from there
Most UK FG streaming is done between the hours of 7pm BST and 11pm BST.
It's not particularly frequent and will usually be Crispy, Lee or myself. Fridays though are the only evening where streaming is guaranteed.

Hope that helps!

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Completely agree with everything that has been said. I'd set out a time that works for you and play any game that you want to. There's always an audience for any game, although most may jump off and watch Ninja play fortnite :lol:

A really important part of streaming is communicating with the chat, so make sure you keep an eye on that.

Good luck dude, it's a hard road but as long as you're enjoying it, then it's always worth it.

doing some audio testing tried with a headphone mic and I'm getting some back feedback akin to a high pitched whine going to try it tomorrow to see what i can do to fix it
If you're streaming on console, ignore the following:

If you're streaming on PC, your headphone sound card (if it has one) maybe conflicting with the on-board audio of your pc or laptop. Disable everything except your headset in the audio settings.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

4 hours ago, phil bottle said:

If you're streaming on console, ignore the following:

If you're streaming on PC, your headphone sound card (if it has one) maybe conflicting with the on-board audio of your pc or laptop. Disable everything except your headset in the audio settings.

I was on console and I simply changed headphones 

From a non-expert viewpoint....good balance between game audio and your voice...there’s a slight ‘tinniness’ to your voice which may be your mic...apart from that sounds ok but I only listened to the first few minutes 

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

3 hours ago, Plumbers Crack said:

From a non-expert viewpoint....good balance between game audio and your voice...there’s a slight ‘tinniness’ to your voice which may be your mic...apart from that sounds ok but I only listened to the first few minutes 

Yea I noticed that too I’m sure that’s my mic I may have to buy a better one 

Is there a fan in the background, it sounds like there’s an external hum from somewhere. Are you using a separate mic to your headset? If it’s not directional, then it could pick up any noise in the room. I had this problem with mine, it wasn’t so sensitive it was picking up my thoughts 😄

Like Dave says, it does sound slightly tinny and the balance between game audio and your voice is good. 👍

11 minutes ago, tronic44 said:

Is there a fan in the background, it sounds like there’s an external hum from somewhere. Are you using a separate mic to your headset? If it’s not directional, then it could pick up any noise in the room. I had this problem with mine, it wasn’t so sensitive it was picking up my thoughts 😄

Like Dave says, it does sound slightly tinny and the balance between game audio and your voice is good. 👍

Thanks the hum is probably from the fan we have in our apt it’s a small studio apt so it may be where that hum is coming from and the mic is part of the headset I’m using 

7 hours ago, VGon_BGon48 said:

Ok I think I got it right this time once again feedback is welcome I talked a little more this time

1 hour ago, Plumbers Crack said:

Just listened to the first 4 minutes...think you’ve got it nailed this time 👍

Just what Dave said Justin. I only watched the latest one but that was more on point for a stream in my eyes.

Make sure you also think about how and why your audience is watching you. Just being aware a little bit means your brain will realise when and when not to explain something to your audience.

And its good to have fun too! One really good part was that you randomly shared what you're looking forward to in relation to the game. A lot of people enjoy the combination of live play and informative stuff. Good start buddy!

7 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Just what Dave said Justin. I only watched the latest one but that was more on point for a stream in my eyes.

Make sure you also think about how and why your audience is watching you. Just being aware a little bit means your brain will realise when and when not to explain something to your audience.

And its good to have fun too! One really good part was that you randomly shared what you're looking forward to in relation to the game. A lot of people enjoy the combination of live play and informative stuff. Good start buddy!

Thanks although im not real sure what you mean by "how and why the audience is watching" i think its mostly going to be alot of trail and error and this maybe the time to finally start my diablo 3 guides

Thanks although im not real sure what you mean by "how and why the audience is watching" i think its mostly going to be alot of trail and error and this maybe the time to finally start my diablo 3 guides
I was more coming from the view that if you ask questions of your audience you could find out if they want to hear you give information or explain something in game. For example, I was watching and enjoying but at the same time thinking 'why does those bars reset'? Things like that.
i just dont want to screw it up 
You won't. As much as what I just said helps to be aware of it, just be yourself. The guides will be great, I'm sure.