Battlefield V Trailer

J4MES OX4D

Meh, not a very good trailer - far too cinematic and over the top. No expansion packs confirmed though so all MP DLC will be free it seems which is good but there's no way EA would sacrifice such a lucrative revenue stream without replacing it with something more significant... 

Let's be honest people do like to moan lol 

The weapons etc look ww2 but could it just be a ww2 themed alternate reality?

I don't care about authenticity, it's a video game it's always baffled me why people care about that,  im only interested in how it plays and will it be fun etc and from that trailer you can't tell.

My history teachers really lied to me about WW2. Anyhow...

Some key notes from the reveal stream

• No More Premium Pass, all 'expansion packs' are free
  • No pay2win, unlock gameplay affecting things through playing the game, though suspiciously quiet on other microtransactions
  • Now get a toolkit so you can build fortifications on the battlefield, such as foxholes, sandbags
  • Co-Op is back
  • Operations are backed, called Grand Operations and take place over four 'days'.
  • Stated the game will at first focus on the 'Fall of Europe', but then only mentioned the ability to play as the British or Germans.
  • Higher calibre bullets, such as those from an MG42, will pass through walls.

This was from Reddit, and funny: 

Wow, you guys are acting like you didn't expect a British Special Forces soldier to clear a house, shoot down a BF109 with the MG42 of a German that was just killed, and then turn around and finish off another two Germans with a pistol, before being strangled and shushed by another German, who is ultimately clubbed to death by your prosthetic arm and metal claw wearing female sidekick with a cricket bat.

What, did you expect a revamp of the BF1942 trailer or something?

i7 7700k, 16GB RAM, GEFORCE 1080, 240GB SSHD, 2TB SSD

I hope this is just a case of a bad trailer and the game actually being decent. The reveal event was dreadful - 25 minutes of the usual generic PR chit chat with few details given and to top it off the extremely convoluted trailer which didn't explain much else.  Black Ops 4 certainly seems better than how it's conveyed in its own trailer and I'm hoping for the same here but that trailer seriously misses the mark and I have to question what the hell were they thinking/smoking when producing it.

I hate trailers like that. Zero correlation between that and what the game will be like.

I do like the sounds of no premium dlc shot though. Just give me the full game for my $60. Make side money on cosmetic microtransactions. I'm fine with that.

WW2 could be good/bad. Doesn't matter to me as long as it's a solid game.

Via the FG App

5abdbe250c715_RespectAll-FearNone.png.9bc1a4f0d1cdab1c7e67e48baf8275b4.png.63941b93d8c1d7bc3f9ca9f365076c45.png

If I saw this and hadn't seen the BF5 reveal; I would never have ever guessed this to be a Battlefield game. It looks more like Far Cry 5 or some warped Steampunk themed shooter than a WW2 BF title. 
hnX5rJmzp7gv9DTLdVcmfC.jpg
Could also be a good piccie for the forthcoming Fallout coop multiplayer whatever it turns out to be.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

I dont understand peoples references to steampunk. It keeps cropping up on reddit, but I don't see it and no one explains it.

Is it the prosthetic arm?

If so, they existed in WW2, they are not new.

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

They existed in ww2, they are not new.

Or is it just that she is handicap?

'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

Y'all should check out a movie from 1946 called "The Best Years of Our Lives"

http://www.filmsite.org/besty.html

One of the titular characters lost both arms in WW2, and has prosthetics, that look exactly like the ones worn by the woman in the trailer.

also this might help you guys get over the Steampunk thing lolz

A guy with no legs pretty much won the battle in the skies for WW2. He's got a film too.

Silly face paint is what I'm not a fan of, but it's not a deal breaker[emoji12]

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

52 minutes ago, phil bottle said:

A guy with no legs pretty much won the battle in the skies for WW2. He's got a film too.

Silly face paint is what I'm not a fan of, but it's not a deal breakeremoji12.png

I just assumed they were scotish and fighting for

giphy.gif

3 hours ago, Sennex said:

I dont understand peoples references to steampunk. It keeps cropping up on reddit, but I don't see it and no one explains it.

Steampunk has a very distinctive style especially in regards to the clothing. The vibe is very much vintage sci-fi with an historical twist.

I hope character customisation lets me play as this guy

Steampunk-falksen.jpg

I meant references when it comes to the above trailer image. I know all about steampunk, dieselpunk, and stormpunk.

also your above image is HORRIBLE! Lets be honest, no one wants to see dudes in steampunk, when they could be looking at this

ZJ2QQzz.jpg