PC Game Deals/Giveaways

J4MES OX4D

15 hours ago, phil bottle said:

For Honor is currently free on Steam, til the end of the weekend I think.

Was already given away on Uplay not long ago. I'm not sure on the starter editions though, seems like a massive grind to unlock anything. 

Was already given away on Uplay not long ago. I'm not sure on the starter editions though, seems like a massive grind to unlock anything. 

It is. But if you hadn’t originally planned to buy it it’s worth it. I will always tell people to avoid the Rainbow Six starter edition but you can spend 20 on in game currency to unlock everything then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i7 7700k, 16GB RAM, GEFORCE 1080, 240GB SSHD, 2TB SSD

It is. But if you hadn’t originally planned to buy it it’s worth it. I will always tell people to avoid the Rainbow Six starter edition but you can spend 20 on in game currency to unlock everything then.

The starter editions are a bit of a con from Ubisoft as expected as there is no upgrade option so you essentially have to terminate the licence and then re-buy the standard edition to progress normally.  I'd avoid these versions otherwise unless they are free like For Honor and then if you're interested in the game, you can grab it at the normal or sale price rather than buying the starter, revoking the licence and then paying out for another separate edition so you end up spending more money on something that was seemingly an intriguing offer. 

If they had an upgrade to standard feature where you paid the difference between the starter and that version, that would be ideal or even if it cost a bit more but what Ubi are essentially offering is a paid trial and then you pay the normal price so they get paid off twice. 

The starter editions are a bit of a con from Ubisoft as expected as there is no upgrade option so you essentially have to terminate the licence and then re-buy the standard edition to progress normally.  I'd avoid these versions otherwise unless they are free like For Honor and then if you're interested in the game, you can grab it at the normal or sale price rather than buying the starter, revoking the licence and then paying out for another separate edition so you end up spending more money on something that was seemingly an intriguing offer. 

If they had an upgrade to standard feature where you paid the difference between the starter and that version, that would be ideal or even if it cost a bit more but what Ubi are essentially offering is a paid trial and then you pay the normal price so they get paid off twice. 

You literally spend the difference on R6 credits and then have all the base operators. The DLC operators are no difference in price than other versions.

On 8/24/2018 at 6:35 PM, phil bottle said:

For Honor is currently free on Steam, til the end of the weekend I think.

Awesome....shame I'm away otherwise I would've got this. Nice find Phil.

If anyone is interested, Fanatical have a really good bundle for the next 14ish days

https://www.fanatical.com/en/bundle/slayer-bundle

Lots of these are selling fast and their system can't handle all the orders, so expects delays of a few hours at max.

1 hour ago, phil bottle said:

Halloween Steam Sale in full effect. I finally got around to picking up Divinity: Original Sin 2 and I think I'll stick with that.

Let me know what you think of it.  I'd love to pick it up.  

5abdbe250c715_RespectAll-FearNone.png.9bc1a4f0d1cdab1c7e67e48baf8275b4.png.63941b93d8c1d7bc3f9ca9f365076c45.png

Haven't much money to be splashing around when these sales happen.  So I've only picked up Fallout 3 GOTY and I'm pretty close to pulling the trigger on New Vegas Ultimate so I can play with The Tale of Two Wastelands mod.

I did sort out family sharing with my brothers account again so I can play Train Simulator.  Tempted to buy and have him redeem the Liverpool to Manchester Line DLC.

Haven't much money to be splashing around when these sales happen.  So I've only picked up Fallout 3 GOTY and I'm pretty close to pulling the trigger on New Vegas Ultimate so I can play with The Tale of Two Wastelands mod.

I did sort out family sharing with my brothers account again so I can play Train Simulator.  Tempted to buy and have him redeem the Liverpool to Manchester Line DLC.
Both the Fallout games are excellent, nice one.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

On 11/22/2018 at 9:59 AM, phil bottle said:

Both the Fallout games are excellent, nice one.

I've started playing this and I must agree, it's pretty awesome, especially on the PC.  I have the base game on PS3 but the AA looked horrible, so happy to see the PC version looks much cleaner.

I've started playing this and I must agree, it's pretty awesome, especially on the PC.  I have the base game on PS3 but the AA looked horrible, so happy to see the PC version looks much cleaner.
Fallout 3 on Xbox 360 was an ugly mess, good game but the visuals were horrible. The PC version was a revelation...

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Fallout 3 looks to have some really good mods on Nexus too. Can be a bit overwhelming to find the right ones with the wealth that are available but if you can find a handful that overhaul key parts without taking away too much of the vintage feel; you can have a very amazing and refreshing experience again.