Black Ops 4 Reveal

J4MES OX4D

7 hours ago, Dan94 said:

I swear I remember seeing somewhere about another live stream?

You mean this 

Looks like you missed it but you didn't miss much - it was just some mumbled chit chat and the only new thing was the Frequency map which was briefly shown. 

Is it me or does this actually sound worse than the season pass? https://charlieintel.com/2018/06/11/call-of-duty-black-ops-4-black-ops-pass-announced/

I thought that all DLC maps would be free and it was just the zombies portion that would have a season pass but it seems you have to buy the deluxe at the bare minimum to access the additional maps. This sounds a bit confusing and the whole thing is misleading - I knew free maps was too good to be true especially with these Activision pricks. 

All they've done is cut the campaign and renamed the season pass after the game. It's the same fucking bullshit but possibly even worse. 

Activision have well and truly fucked it with this game. Free maps could have made up for the missing campaign but the fact they're actually charging for maps is utter bullshit. It's like they actually want to kill this franchise.

fart.gif

5 hours ago, MrBiron said:

Activision have well and truly fucked it with this game. Free maps could have made up for the missing campaign but the fact they're actually charging for maps is utter bullshit. It's like they actually want to kill this franchise.

"Yes you can have the free maps if you buy the black ops pass" eight thoughts 

Lol Activision ...oh and cod points too

1 hour ago, MrBiron said:

And it's only 12 maps instead of 16!

Plus we already know that at least 4 of them are gonna be remakes in either the base game or DLC. How many fucking times do I have to pay for Firing Range? I bet the pass is essentially all or nothing too so you either buy all the post-launch maps or none at all. 

If Battlefield 5's maps are genuinely free with no strings attached, then there is no reason to buy this - it's bad enough that it's a BO3 asset rip that copies all other original games and has no campaign. Why the fuck would I pay more money for less content in a COD game!

I don't really trust EA with Battlefield either so we'll have to wait and see on that one but so far that's winning by virtue of less scumbaggery. 

That's my opinion as well: Why should I spend money on this game? You get half the content of BO3 and BO3 is currently free on PSN!
This was the last chance to save the series for a lot of people and Activision have blown that chance.

Via the FG App

fart.gif

16 minutes ago, TigerBurge said:

Fake news 

17 total maps. 13 new and four remakes. 

https://segmentnext.com/2018/06/05/17-black-ops-4-multiplayer-maps-at-launch/

That list was debunked as fake last week. No Raid Remake or Standoff confirmed. I had to edit my thread and replace it with the real list of 100% confirmed maps instead 

5 hours ago, Dan94 said:

Anyone follow NeroCinema on YouTube? He's pretty raging about the whole thing too

Especially the new BO3 DLC6 which you can only play on PS4 AND if you've pre-ordered the digital copy of BO4

WTF! :blink:

And Mr soldier said if you pre order you can't cancel after 

1 hour ago, techno said:

And Mr soldier said if you pre order you can't cancel after 

Definitely in the EU you can cancel your pre-order anytime before release as long as you don't download anything attributed to it or consume anything that is included i.e released beforehand (e.g pre-order bonus) I think you still get two weeks after release to claim a refund assuming you don't install the material. 

Basically the only reason DLC 6 has been created for BO3 is so people are forced to pre-order BO4 digitally on PS4 (most expensive) and once they've used the pre-order bonus on BO3, that means they cannot refund their BO4 pre-order at all. Microsoft wouldn't allow this as per their policy of fucking over their own users with small print and if this was on Steam, Valve wouldn't allow it either with their strict refund policy on pre-ordered material. 

They've got PSN owners by the balls on this one and most of them don't even know it. Having said that; anyone dedicated to pre-ordering so blindly/early would never cancel their pre-order regardless but it's incredibly bad so see such sick retail tactics in play. 

I’m still massively confused by all this, so I buy the game, then I have to pay more for maps and then I have to get a pass to play zombies? 

What does just buying the game get you, apart from less money in your pocket?

1 minute ago, tronic44 said:

I’m still massively confused by all this, so I buy the game, then I have to pay more for maps and then I have to get a pass to play zombies? 

What does just buying the game get you, apart from less money in your pocket?

The base game content is unclear regarding the amount of maps but the Deluxe version upwards contains the Black Ops pass which is essentially a season pass of just 12 additional MP maps, COD points and other small bonuses.  The base game contains MP, BR and 3 zombies episodes in total. The rumour that all DLC maps post-launch would be free was sadly bullshit. 

1 hour ago, J4MES OX4D said:

The base game content is unclear regarding the amount of maps but the Deluxe version upwards contains the Black Ops pass which is essentially a season pass of just 12 additional MP maps, COD points and other small bonuses.  The base game contains MP, BR and 3 zombies episodes in total. The rumour that all DLC maps post-launch would be free was sadly bullshit. 

I wish they’d stop thinking about cash and just make a decent game with none of this bullshit.

If it plays anything like blops2, then i’ll be made. If it’s awful, i’ll be pissed. I’m fully preparing to be pissed 😄

https://charlieintel.com/2018/06/13/new-activision-support-faq-says-black-ops-pass-content-cannot-be-purchased-separately/

Wow,  Activision originally weren't going to sell the Black Ops pass (season pass) separately so you'ld need the £80 Deluxe version minimum just to play the DLC maps. They've since updated their bullshit FAQ stating that it will be available standalone at a later date. 

Activision are practically the only publisher left still doing this outdated season pass aspect. It will definitely hurt them this time around as people are sick of it. Free DLC is what is keeping people engaged and returning to games now. BO4 could be dead before Xmas and the only way of freshening it up is to spend £40 more on a pass when it becomes available!? This will bite them worse than the failure of Modern Warfare Remastered. 

1 hour ago, J4MES OX4D said:

https://charlieintel.com/2018/06/13/new-activision-support-faq-says-black-ops-pass-content-cannot-be-purchased-separately/

Wow,  Activision originally weren't going to sell the Black Ops pass (season pass) separately so you'ld need the £80 Deluxe version minimum just to play the DLC maps. They've since updated their bullshit FAQ stating that it will be available standalone at a later date. 

Activision are practically the only publisher left still doing this outdated season pass aspect. It will definitely hurt them this time around as people are sick of it. Free DLC is what is keeping people engaged and returning to games now. BO4 could be dead before Xmas and the only way of freshening it up is to spend £40 more on a pass when it becomes available!? This will bite them worse than the failure of Modern Warfare Remastered. 

The last COD games have been pretty dead around xmas so don't see why this will be different 😂