Jump to content
News Ticker
  • Welcome to Forever Gaming
  • Check out the Calendar for more FG catch ups
  • New Quest steps in Destiny section
Sign in to follow this  

Recommended Posts

e3-2018-theprogamer.jpeg

 

E3 2018 June 12 - June 14.

 

What are you all hoping to see and hear?

 

I want to see more of Days Gone survival game on PS4 and I'm on the fence still about Anthem but some footage would definitely help understand more what the game is like. Obviously more about Destiny"s September update and beyond wouldn't go a miss.

 

I don't care much about any new console. I feel the PS4 is in a good spot right now.

 

Via the FG App

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

 

e3-2018-theprogamer.jpeg

 

E3 2018 June 12 - June 14.

 

What are you all hoping to see and hear?

 

I want to see more of Days Gone survival game on PS4 and I'm on the fence still about Anthem but some footage would definitely help understand more what the game is like. Obviously more about Destiny"s September update and beyond wouldn't go a miss.

 

I don't care much about any new console. I feel the PS4 is in a good spot right now.

 

Via the FG App

 

 

 

 

I am so excited to be going!

  • Pokemon Switch.
  • The Division 2.
  • Skull & Bones.
  • The Crew 2.
  • Cyberpunk 2077.
  • Super Smash Bros Switch.

E3 2018 press conference date and times – When are they?

 

Press conferences from the likes of Nintendo, Sony, Microsoft and EA happen in the days preceding E3 proper, and we’ve compiled all of the confirmed times and dates thus far below: 

  • Electronic Arts – Saturday June 9 at 11am PT / 7pm GMT
  • Bethesda – Sunday June 10 at 6:30pm PT/ Monday, June 11 at 2:30am GMT
  • Microsoft – Sunday June 10 at 1:00pm PT/ 9pm GMT
  • Square Enix – Monday June 11 at 10am PDT/1pm EDT/6pm GMT
  • Ubisoft – Monday June 11 at 1:00pm PT / 9PM GMT
  • Sony – Monday June 11 at 6pm PT / Tuesday June 12 at 2am GMT
  • Nintendo – Tuesday June 12 at 6:00pm CEST / 5:00pm GMT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Square Enix's showcase was a bit medicore - Shadow of the Tomb Raider looked underwhelming and not much of a step up from Rise and Just Cause 4 sounds decent but nothing we haven't seen before. Ubisoft had lots to show in the 90 minutes but nothing that truly stood out as generation-defining. Plenty of established franchises and safe bets and aside from possible 8 man raids in The Division 2; no major advances from their usual gameplay formats.

 

Sony's event was a bit disappointing in the end too - great to see TLOU2 and Spiderman along with Death Stranding at last but not much in terms of investment in the future. Just wonder if they've played all their cards. I thought Microsoft's conference was far more convincing but they didn't have much in the way of exclusives aside from a few already tired franchises. Just wonder if this is the PS4's final days before an upgrade..

 

Still, plenty of amazing games on the way so RIP wallet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, J4MES OX4D said:

Square Enix's showcase was a bit medicore - Shadow of the Tomb Raider looked underwhelming and not much of a step up from Rise and Just Cause 4 sounds decent but nothing we haven't seen before. Ubisoft had lots to show in the 90 minutes but nothing that truly stood out as generation-defining. Plenty of established franchises and safe bets and aside from possible 8 man raids in The Division 2; no major advances from their usual gameplay formats.

 

Sony's event was a bit disappointing in the end too - great to see TLOU2 and Spiderman along with Death Stranding at last but not much in terms of investment in the future. Just wonder if they've played all their cards. I thought Microsoft's conference was far more convincing but they didn't have much in the way of exclusives aside from a few already tired franchises. Just wonder if this is the PS4's final days before an upgrade..

 

Still, plenty of amazing games on the way so RIP wallet.

 

By the end of the year I expect conversations to start around the next generation of consoles. PS4 is on its way out already...

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, phil bottle said:

 

By the end of the year I expect conversations to start around the next generation of consoles. PS4 is on its way out already..

Be interesting to see where the Xbox One X stands because a couple of key developers reckon it only has another two years despite it being a OTT powerhouse right now. Year one has been a complete write-off though. Even the PS4 Pro is beginning to show its age and is way behind the X so I'd expect Sony to move towards the PS5 to get back out in front in terms of name and technical power once again. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Xbox One X plays as if its an old diesel sub trying to turn one of its 4 engines over to be able to run again after sitting at the bottom of the ocean for the last 50 years. Hardware specs aside, they did not optimize a single damn thing in regards to the system OS.

 

I can literally start both systems at the same time, turn Destiny 2 on, log in, join a crucible match and start getting farmed by premade teams on my PS4 before the Xbone even gets t a point where I can start the same game.

 

You could have the best hardware in the world, but when your OS is basically windows 3.11, it doesn't matter.

 

For me, 2 things need to happen for the Ps5, XBox ##, Optimize the damn OS to better utilize the Hardware, and Open up for actual legit mods in games.

 

 

(I will say the switch beats them both though, its just a shame there are not better games for it)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.thurrott.com/xbox/161232/microsofts-next-gen-xbox-will-arrive-2020

 

Quote

Microsoft is planning for the next Xbox console release to arrive in 2020. But what is more interesting, is that Microsoft describes ‘Scarlett’ as a family of devices; meaning we may see multiple pieces of hardware released that year.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy