Nascent Dawn Quest - Polaris Lance Exotic Quest

GazzaGarratt

There is a quest that will drop post missions in the Warmind DLC called Nascent Dawn. The prize for this quest is the Exotic Scout Rifle, Polaris Lance (Ana Bray's gun).

It has 5 steps, each step has multiple tasks and only one step can be done each week i.e. it's week 2 of the DLC and at the weekly reset a milestone was available from Ana for step 2 as I completed step 1 last week.

Nascent Dawn 1/5

Step 1 - Complete 3 Patrols on Mars.

Step 2 - Complete a Lost Sector on Mars. This can be either the Core Terminusfound in the Braytech Futurescape or the Ma'adim Subterrane in the Glacial Drifts.

Step 3 - Access a Sleeper Node on Mars. Completing this step will grant you Diary 1/5.

Step 4 - Bring the Diary 1/5 to Ana Bray. Bringing the Diary to Ana Bray will cause her to reward the Guardian with an Engram.

Step 5 - Turn around from Ana Bray and head over to the marked machine.

Insert the Diary into it to receive The Unsolvable Problem.

Nascent Dawn 2/5

Step 1 - Get 25 Valkyriekills on Mars.

Step 2 - Complete the Heroic version of Psionic Potential.

Step 3 - Unlock a Sleeper Node. We now know that it is in the Lost Sector near the lowest Fast Travel point. You don't need Resonate Stems for this.

Step 4 - Return Diary 2/5 to Ana Bray's terminal.

Step 5 - Receive Legendary Prototype Gun. Legendary version of Polaris Lance.

Nascent Dawn 3/5

Step 1 - Complete 10 waves of Escalation Protocol

Step 2 - Complete 3 Vaguard Strikes

Step 3 - Return Diary to Ana Bray's terminal

Step 4 - Receive Masterwork Legendary Prototype Gun.

Nascent Dawn 4/5

Step 1 - Using any weapon, get 5 precision multikills without reloading and 20 kills with the weapon.

Step 2 - Complete the mission "Fury" on Io

Step 3 - Open this sleeper node in Rasputin's Mindlab, just outside the door to Rasputin's chamber and return to Ana Bray.

Step 4 - Return Diary to Ana Bray's terminal

Step 5 - Receive Polaris Lance Exotic Gun

Nascent Dawn 5/5

Step 1 - 15 Javelin MultiKills (3+ quickly).

Step 2 - 3 PvP matches completed

Step 3 - Complete Strange Terrain Mission (Nokris)

Step 4 - Unlock the Sleeper node in the middle of the Alton Dynamo Server Room

Step 5 - Return Diary to Ana Bray's terminal

Step 6 - Receive Polaris Lance Catalyst

The catalyst requires Enemies Defeated (at 0%, probably 300 as usual) and 50 kills with the Perfect Fifth perk NOTE: it appears you have to get the kills with the burn, not the perfect 5th explosion for this to count. The best way is to load up Leviathan, prepare the Perfect Shot and shoot a full health Cabal infantry. He'll burn out and you'll make progress.

Timegating 1 step per week is a process is something I'm not hugely thrilled about as it seems a lazy way to elongate a questline when it just suddenly appears every Tuesday. Whereas if there was a specific challenge on a given day we have to do to get the next step to drop is more acceptable.

The balance on this is that it's still a long quest with some interesting steps in it so far. Hoping the next ones will be just as interesting.

Step 2, the heroic psionic potential is hard as hell solo at 345! Didn't even get to the Rasputin before I gave up as I quickly realized that I was not going to kill the two bad guys at the end. 

Managed to solo the heroic Psionic Potential last night. The Small Arms-type modifier helped a lot. I found the best thing to do was to burn down the Psion Aspirants before they got to the Warmind core pickup area. Once they're in that you have a very small amount of time to kill them before they evolve into complete and utter bar stewards to kill.

I found running along the bottom of that top floor and onto the raised platforms either side, back and forth while clearing adds and burning down Psions when they appear gave me enough healing from Momentum and cover to stick it out. Keep an eye out for the two Gladiators that appear at once; a well timed void Curtain Call rocket mostly took these boys out, but you have to be quick about it because they can catch up to you quite quickly if the Inertia debuff is on!

Took me about 4 wipes to get my routine down and complete it.

Via the FG App

1562265543_Starletlogsig.png.19b3c199efb193f2f7d11a161bf5a2d6.png

A lazy ass mechanic Bungie deploys to fake depth. 
Agree. However on balance I appreciate the long steps to get said goal.

At least they are showing to be trying of late.

Via the FG App

1 hour ago, Baabcat said:

How do you get the Valkyrie kills, I think the only way is having an armoury key but is that right?

That is correct. Initiate a Escalation Protocol and wait for the green platform thingy to start and activate the ability/weapon. 

Do it when there is alot of hive enemies as you can kill them in hoards. 

Plenty of decent randoms doing EP for the first task of step 3. 10 wave completions required mean Escalation Protocol is going off all the time.

Got my 10 escalations done ( got to round 6 whilst just popping by on patrol).

Had a really strange thing on the previous step, the herioc adventure. I basically got a rock hard version of the herioc with two heavily shielded yellow bar psions, really difficult to kill. Eventually I quit and went in again with Charlie, and ended up with a slightly harder version of the original adventure. Was really wierd.

So Step 4 is the easiest of the lot with 5 Precision multikills without reloading and 20 kills with the Prototype, although I found that random kills with another scout I had equipped got it knocked out.

What's more surprising is that it gives out the Exotic Polaris Lance! So the guesses can come in for what Step 5 is. Most likely leads to the Masterwork for the weapon OR opens up 43 unique quest lines across each planet.

(one can dream 😛)

Finished 2/5 but got a Braytech RWP scout rifle. 

Did 2 levels of fuck EP but was almost empty of people on Mars other than me and a mate. 
If you need help this week just jump in party chat.

I've activated step 5 of 5 for Nascent Dawn. First step is 15 Javelin kills. Does anyone know the next steps?

4 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

If you need help this week just jump in party chat.

I've activated step 5 of 5 for Nascent Dawn. First step is 15 Javelin kills. Does anyone know the next steps?

You no likey fuck fuck fuck EP? 😂

Javelin kills again? 

Edit: ok, who messed with writing fuck fuck EP? 

Edit 2: Fuck! 

I need to do the Fury mission on Io...
No probs. I'll ask you when we get on over the next few days if you want support to run it.
You no likey fuck fuck fuck fuck EP? [emoji23]

Javelin kills again? 

Edit: ok, who messed with writing fuck fuck fuck EP? 

Edit 2: Fuck! 
Guess...you'll only need one try.

@AdamF1007 & @bluffin109 here's the thread with all the info for the rest of the steps (see opening post). @TigerBurge, was fun helping you on that mission too bud.