Sleeeper Simulant - D2 Quest

GazzaGarratt

1971746.jpg

I wouldn't say this Quest is difficult to figure out as you follow the quest steps until Ana gives you this but it is certainly a grind and along the way there are some challenging activities to do to get this done, mainly due to your Power level struggles along the way.

Here's the Quest steps to get the Sleeper Simulant:

1. Complete the main story in Warmind and subsequent missions Legacy Code and A Piece of the Past
  2. Receive the IKELOS Hand Cannon as quest reward, then visit Ana Bray and pick up the Violent Intel quest item
  3. Defeat Hive and Cabal with an IKELOS weapon equipped
  4. Defeat yellow bar enemies with an IKELOS weapon equipped
  5. Complete 5 Heroic Strikes with an IKELOS weapon equipped
  6. Complete 3 Escalation Protocol levels and find 15 Sleeper Nodes with an IKELOS weapon equipped
  7. Complete the 'Will of the Thousands' mission with an IKELOS weapon equipped

It's now a 2 mag size rather than 3 due to how Power ammo works but it is something that fits clearly into Warmind and definitely will help against key bosses.

I'm really enjoyong the grind for this. It is the closest quest we've had to D1 in terms of steps and I hope we get more of these going forward.

The Sleeper Nodes are a brilliant way of one of the steps as lots of people enjoy hide and seek collectibles that also have a purpose.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

Gonna take a while then, as 3 levels of Escalation Protocol is hard. 

And I think the Sleeper Nodes set up are a bit stupid. Outside the quest you can find 5-10 nodes and still not find the correct one. Things like that annoy me. 

2 hours ago, NCA-Paendrag said:

Gonna take a while then, as 3 levels of Escalation Protocol is hard. 

And I think the Sleeper Nodes set up are a bit stupid. Outside the quest you can find 5-10 nodes and still not find the correct one. Things like that annoy me. 

You can do 3 Level 1 EPs so it's not too bad.

I didn't realise you're struggling with those. Are you following the hints of where you should be looking for the right Sleeper Node?

1 hour ago, GazzaGarratt said:

You can do 3 Level 1 EPs so it's not too bad.

I didn't realise you're struggling with those. Are you following the hints of where you should be looking for the right Sleeper Node?

Ah so you just have to get level 1 done three times. 

What hints? Guees I'm missing something here.. 

Ah so you just have to get level 1 done three times. 

What hints? Guess I'm missing something here.. 

The sleeper nodes are a really good hide and seek idea.

First you need Resonate Stems. Youbget these from Public events on Mars and Lost Sectors.

Screenshot_25.jpeg

Once you have 4 of these, you press Square to change it into an Override Frequency.

1971744.jpeg

To then find the right Music Box dotted around Mars, you need to follow the description hint.

After the CB.NAV.Run is the location to find it. For example, the one above says Dynamo.Approach.Arch. So you should go to the Dynamo area on the map and approach an archway.

Once you're there, you will start hearing something like classical music. Also, when you get near it you get a green type haze shaped in an oval over the middle of the screen. Press Square on the Music Box and you've done one.

Note, you can have only one Override Frequency running at once and it can on the odd occasion give out duplicates. Hooe this helps mate - we'll party up one night and just go and grab a few together.

Via the FG App

I knew everything except the destination in the description. Thanks mate! 

Pure luck that I found 3 already 😂

I might get some time in tonight. Have to pack for a trip this weekend with the family and in-laws 🙂

Back on Monday. 

I'm finding the Sleeper Nodes quite an enjoyable activity to be honest. The idea of an activity dropping something, then a hide and seek task for a magpie person like me is really fun and addictive.

I finally got this beast tonight.  My Brother @Synnith helped me out with the last stage.  

*The opinions of Riff Machine do not reflect those of Forever Gaming ;)*

1 hour ago, SensaiNemesis said:

I finally got this beast tonight.  My Brother @Synnith helped me out with the last stage.  

Nice Chad! Has Kirk got it too? What's the last stage like?

He doesn’t.  It’s a 360 run of the worm mission.  No modifiers.  Wasn’t too bad

*The opinions of Riff Machine do not reflect those of Forever Gaming ;)*

7 hours ago, NCA-Paendrag said:

How the hell am I supposed to loot the sleeper node under the floor on Aurora.Mindlab.Observation?!  I see it under a grid in the floor but can't get to it. 

Edit: Nevermind 😃

That's the one I got stuck on!

15 hours ago, NCA-Paendrag said:

How the hell am I supposed to loot the sleeper node under the floor on Aurora.Mindlab.Observation?!  I see it under a grid in the floor but can't get to it. 

Edit: Nevermind 😃

7 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

That's the one I got stuck on!

I suppose it would be too much to ask for the answer? 🙄

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

20 hours ago, Plumbers Crack said:

I suppose it would be too much to ask for the answer? 🙄

Indeed. Why should you get it served on a silver platter when we struggled like hell? 😂

There's a hole in the floor in the dark right beside the node. 😀