Overwatch Anniversary Update details

LordBaguette

From May 22 through June 11, players can log on and check out a new deathmatch map called Petra. In addition, deathmatch will include a new competitive mode that has placement matches, skill rating tiers, and leaderboards.

Blizzard said it’s also adding more than 50 new items to the game, including eight new legendary skins and three epic skins. Plus, Doomfist, Moira, and Brigitte all have new dance moves.

Players who log in for the anniversary event will also get one bonus legendary loot box. Anyone who buys the 50 loot box bundle will also receive a bonus legendary loot box. Plus, Blizzard said all previous seasonal event cosmetics, including dance emotes, will be included in loot boxes during the anniversary event. Past seasonal brawls are also returning to Arcade mode and will be rotated daily, including the ones from “Overwatch: Archives.”

If you don’t own Overwatch, Blizzard is offering a free weekend event from May 25 through May 28. PlayStation 4 owners won’t need a PS Plus account to take advantage of it.

http://variety.com/2018/gaming/news/overwatch-second-anniversary-new-map-1202809628/

cba

Well played Blizzard. To open up the entire seasonal skins from all the events is a really good move. Even better is that you can buy any skin you want so hope you've all saved your coins up.

With all the events coming back on a daily rotation is a nice concept but I think people will actually get a bit miffed they can't choose the mode they want to.

3 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Well played Blizzard. To open up the entire seasonal skins from all the events is a really good move. Even better is that you can buy any skin you want so hope you've all saved your coins up.

With all the events coming back on a daily rotation is a nice concept but I think people will actually get a bit miffed they can't choose the mode they want to.

I feel it’s good in some ways but also cheapens the items somewhat. Suddenly a skin I bought in 2017 Is now available to someone who just got the game if you get what I mean. I suppose it’s getting older now so people may but be around long enough to get the skins they want. Anymore 

cba

1 hour ago, LordBaguette said:

I feel it’s good in some ways but also cheapens the items somewhat. Suddenly a skin I bought in 2017 Is now available to someone who just got the game if you get what I mean. I suppose it’s getting older now so people may but be around long enough to get the skins they want. Anymore 

I suppose a few things here.

1) You still have to have enough credits or get lucky enough to drop them in a loot box.

2) Its a limited time event so after 3 weeks they're locked again.

Based on these 2 facts I'm pretty comfortable you can get them. Over time in any game you should be able to obtain specific skins you want. Exclusivity of items is a difficult subject when to lock things from people permanently.