The Forest

I bought this over the weekend but just got to play it last night.  I'm really liking it.  Anyone else play it?  It's only $14.99 on Steam.  

"Unlike so many video game enemies, the cannibals aren’t suicidally aggressive, and that’s what makes them so unsettling. The Forest’s greatest triumph is the convincing self-preservation of the AI that governs their behavior. Sometimes they run away. Sometimes they’re content to follow you at a safe distance to figure out where your base is so they can report back to their friends. Sometimes they’ll charge you to test your mettle, but stop short if you don’t back down."

5abdbe250c715_RespectAll-FearNone.png.9bc1a4f0d1cdab1c7e67e48baf8275b4.png.63941b93d8c1d7bc3f9ca9f365076c45.png

24 minutes ago, BO7H B4RRELS said:

I bought this over the weekend but just got to play it last night.  I'm really liking it.  Anyone else play it?  It's only $14.99 on Steam.  

"Unlike so many video game enemies, the cannibals aren’t suicidally aggressive, and that’s what makes them so unsettling. The Forest’s greatest triumph is the convincing self-preservation of the AI that governs their behavior. Sometimes they run away. Sometimes they’re content to follow you at a safe distance to figure out where your base is so they can report back to their friends. Sometimes they’ll charge you to test your mettle, but stop short if you don’t back down."

I've had the game for a few years, I saw recently if finally went out of Early Access, so time to reinstall I think.

It's a great game IMO, really good mechanics and it looks beautiful too!

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

It doesn't feel like Apha/Beta/Early Access or whatever it is at this point. It feels polished. I haven't had any issues.

From what I've read the developers have been updating it nonstop. I'm excited to see what else they do with it.

It's definitely a beautiful, atmospheric game.

Via the FG App

5abdbe250c715_RespectAll-FearNone.png.9bc1a4f0d1cdab1c7e67e48baf8275b4.png.63941b93d8c1d7bc3f9ca9f365076c45.png

Looks heavily geared towards SP but it mentions MP, what is that like?

The story droppings on that review makes it tempting and I love the crafting book concept! Decent price and I could be swayed if it has a good MP side.

Looks heavily geared towards SP but it mentions MP, what is that like?

The story droppings on that review makes it tempting and I love the crafting book concept! Decent price and I could be swayed if it has a good MP side.
Multiplayer makes it a little easier in the beginning from what I can see. SP is just a bit more creepier.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

jeffersonclasswar.jpg