Heroic Strikes

GazzaGarratt

The update in May has been a significant Power update and brought in modifiers which are making them way more fun to run now but at the same time excrutiatingly painful when it gets to the bosses with the Power level set at 350.

There is one big issue with them is the loot reward, which is acknowledged by Bungie and they are now looking into what changes they can make. Essentially it does not drop 'Powerful' Gear or at least gear that around your light level. It is capped at the soft cap at 340. This has to change as its more powerful to run than the rewards.

However, away from this one point, heroics are needed for quest steps now as well as Milestone rewards so there are reasons to run them.

They feel as intense as Nightfalls were without the hassle of any timer. It is really satisfying when you complete one, especially whilst your Power level sits around the 350 mark.

There seems to be one elemental burn per week with modifiers changing daily. Last week was Solar Burn and yesterday I had Grounded on (damage to you is way higher whilst in the air) and it was a nightmare. Ended up not being able to complete a strike and I was 348.

Your fireteam should really work together but its also great that it has matchmaking you can run solo in party of 3 too.

Its making me think more about my loadout but also what type of elemental class I use as a Guardian. I switched to Sunbreaker last night and put the top tree perks on to try and get Melting Point on the boss to deal more damage.

How are others finding them?

Obviously I haven't tried the strikes yet as I'm still at D2 Vanilla levels but it is good to know they are a challenge.  At times in the past the heroic strikes have been too easy in my opinion as with a decent team you could spend an entire evening doing strikes and not wipe.  It does seem stupid about the drops from the Strikes, I sort of see why they did it as if it dropped up to 350 you could grind strikes to level up quickly but equally to drop lower level stuff is pointless.

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png

Sorry for leaving early tonight lads, but I just couldn't carry on with A Garden World any longer. The 'Glass' modifier is brutal.

Hopefully the modifiers are better tomorrow and are more conducive towards getting through the boss fights.

1562265543_Starletlogsig.png.19b3c199efb193f2f7d11a161bf5a2d6.png

Just needed the right strikes and balance of Guardians. Pyramidion went down super quick with 2 Tractor Cannons (huge void damage buff) with a Hunter Nightstalker super.

Arms Dealer and Strange Terrain (Nokris) were okay too but @SensaiNemesis switched to his monster Void Trials Sniper and combined with Tractor Cannon worked.

Btw, if you're struggling on a Heroic, like I was last night, and you're doing the Sleeper Simulant quest you can switch out from thr Ikelos Hand Cannon but you must switch it back before the boss dies to make it count.

Yeah, a 50 minute strike ended this way for me when I used Graviton Lance instead. Well played Lee. 😐

Yesterday's This Week at Bungie has updated the roadmap with better rewards for Heroics in line with their difficulty. It drops with the next patch on May 29th. Gear will drop upto 360 (365 with mods) rather than soft cap of 340.

I think this is a clear reason that if you loved Destiny before it is worth the chance to try it again. The one clear issue with Heroics was loot. Everything else in the activity is really challenging and really satisfying to run.

Now loot makes sense. Difficulty is 350. Loot at 360. Fills the void of progression between soft cap of 340 and hard cap of 380. Seriously great update and only in 2 weeks' time.