Escalation Protocol

GazzaGarratt

39 minutes ago, Baabcat said:

Anyone worked out how the loot works. I got to round 6 but done seem to have any loot. I got a key you can use at some he end of round 7 but that’s all?

Not sure how to get EP drops from the chests from rounds 3 and 5. You need a charged key (turns legendary and you can see it has 7 arrows on it for charges; 1 charge per round) to open the final round 7 chest. This is after you kill the boss though. That is a definite EP loot drop.

36 minutes ago, Baabcat said:

Oh and Bungie have addressed the 9 man issue in the TWAB. This is a 3 person event, we are just struggling as we are under light so try and get more people in. Will be doable as light gets higher, apparently 

Yeah, I'm not sure about this. Top end players will be able to do it. Gigz did it nearly at max level but haven't heard anyone else to do it. I think what it will tell us that the optimum size for most players will be between 3 and 6. It's more frustrating that you can't just jump in easily with friends. I've always wanted more larger group activities - problem they have is on Patrol everything else would be easily rolled with more than 3 players in a group.

I think there is grounds to at least trialling the fireteam size to 4 going forward and then seeing what happens.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

6 hours ago, The3rdWalker said:

We managed to do this with 5 FG members and a blueberry. You need some specialized Equiptment and a few good timings on the Warsat public event if you’re under geared. EP is a lot of fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good going Rob. What Power level were the FGers?

I feel like 5/6 seems right when you get nearer 385. I just hope Bungie realise that just because people may clear it easier and with 3 people at Power 385, we're all enjoying another activity that's separate to raids that can have a larger party.

This is where I think they miss the point of the 'dream' and 'reality'. Yes, many don't do raids at all but thats not because they don't want to. What keeps the game alive is that they think they'll get the chance at some point. More activities like this please.

There is NO WAY this mode is “optimized” for 3 max level players.  NONE.  I’ll argue to the death with anyone that says otherwise.  If you load into a public space and you’ve got at least 5-6 players at 360+ you should be able to clear this.  

*The opinions of Riff Machine do not reflect those of Forever Gaming ;)*

19 hours ago, SensaiNemesis said:

I’ll argue to the death with anyone that says otherwise. 

I don't believe there is a single person who has played EP that would disagree with you. 5 People between 365-385 is perfectly manageable. Tractor cannons and void damage. 

i7 7700k, 16GB RAM, GEFORCE 1080, 240GB SSHD, 2TB SSD

Fuck EP

I find it fun like most of the activities in this game where it becomes an autopilot adventure.

The game’s difficulty is completely artificial, locked away behind time gates gear drops. Once that third or fourth week kicks in the difficulty is gone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i7 7700k, 16GB RAM, GEFORCE 1080, 240GB SSHD, 2TB SSD

There is NO WAY this mode is “optimized” for 3 max level players.  NONE.  I’ll argue to the death with anyone that says otherwise.  If you load into a public space and you’ve got at least 5-6 players at 360+ you should be able to clear this.  
As some of us are getting nearer 360+ power and more, it would be cool to set up an instance for at least 6 of us. I know it sounds a ballache to get partied together but we only need to of us to hit the same instance which I'd hope wouldn't take long.

Nick, Hector and myself was on the boss level 7 the other night, a little more co-ordination from the randoms may have got us the win.

If I set up a time, would you be interested? Regardless how long it takes 2 out of 6 of us to spawn in together?

When 1.2.3 Update lands, weapon rewards become more deterministic which means the more times you complete it the more chance you have to get EP weapons.

I still haven't finished one yet! [emoji85] Let's get some nights put aside to being around for one.

After trying to help Crispys son do a raid, we were waiting to see what to do before bed and the idea of just seeing how hard it is to fast travel into the same Mars instance thought was worth a shot.

Within a minute of 5 of us trying at the same time, Crispy, Chris Nareet and myself hit jackpot and ended up in the same instance all separate. Couldn't believe how quick it took.

So we raced to find more FGers around and we ended with an 8-man FG team consisting of @Diddums @crispymorgan @Amnotright @Horrible_Hector @Synnith @NCA-Paendrag @DarkArch3typ3 and myself.

We cruised through the rounds relatively straightforwardly - a little co-ordination goes a long way. Definitely a few Trator Cannons, void weapons and supers really helped a bunch.

I got extremely lucky and dropped the SMG that is on offer this week. Gotta remember to have a decrypted cache key  (which i didn't) so you get the level 7 loot.

Its a clusterfuck of pure brilliance and when its all of us its 100 times better. We've got to get a few nights of this on the go. I'll look to organise a few nights to get us all together for an hour. More end of the nights needed like that. 

Thanks for the invite.  That was my second one. Only got armor so far. Boots and a bond.  Going for the full set? 😄

I did the first with randoms so it doesn't take that much coordination either. Much easier now than at below or on the recommended power level 🙂

Is the SMG you got any good? 

And I still have 3 decrypted cache keys left.