Escalation Protocol

GazzaGarratt

Tried this last night by accident on level 334. Couldn't get past first round :D 😛

Definitely need to get a full 3 fireteam on plus randoms which can mean you stack up to 9 people on an Escalation Protocol.

7 rounds of waves, then a boss. There are some mechanics along the way and the awesome D1 Crota Sword is awesome to get hold of.

Thinking need to be 360ish to make it worthwhile trying. 370 are the opponents in most rounds and they have tweaked the final boss difficulty.

We should definitely still try out rounds as for every round you complete you get a Rasputin Fragment. You need 7 of these to hand into Ana Bray to get a key.

The key is needed on the final wave to open up the chest that has a unique reward each week. I believe its the Class Item this week, then armour rotates for the next 4 weeks.

For an endgame activity it has improved from Court of Oryx and Archeons Forge.

Also just seen we can get a full 9 of us together in one Escalation Protocol!! You have to keep fast tracking but essentially its doable!! Anyonr up for trying this one day in the coming weeks??

57 minutes ago, The3rdWalker said:

Soft cap gear drops at 340 and the only redeeming quality is EP weapons and shaders, and unless you can get to wave 7 it';s not worth doing. 

I disagree. Each boss drops a specific item so you have to try and beat every boss each week. To get those though you need keys so you need to play at least 7 waves (doesn't matter if its 7 round 1 waves) and then get a key from Ana. If you don't get a key before you get to the boss and kill it you can't get the loot.

The 3 EP weapons available from the chest are 5% random drop rates so RNG has to be on your side. You also have to do waves for certain quests such as Sleeper Simulant.

I agree that the other EP weapons are available from wave 3, 5 and 7 (i think, not 100%) and drop at soft cap but still a worthwhile reward.

If people aren't bothered about it, they're entitled to have their opinion. For me, if the gameplay is good and rewards seem decent which they are imo, then its good worthwhile content.

6 hours ago, NCA-Paendrag said:

Have gotten Event Complete several times but I have no clue what to do next. 

Everytime the time runs out on pretty much anything in Patrol it says 'Mission Complete'. You'd know if you cleared a wave as its on the left hand side of the screen when activated.

This is good to hear and the fact that he goes on to say its possibly the best PvE Shotgun is promising.

I've banged on about the fireteam size for ages now and I do think its one of those that things that is holding other FGers back to the game.

We really need to try and get 9 of us on the same EP though. That just sounds awesome.

Here's what we have to do to get 9 of us in Escalation Protocol! There are a few steps required to getting this working:

1. Make sure you’re not in a fireteam and have a way to communicate with your friends

2. Launch into the same Mars drop zone around the same time

3. If you don’t see any of your friends, fast travel to the other Mars landing zone and then back

4. Repeat step three until you end up in an drop zone with someone you know

5. Once at least two of you are together, stay there until a third friend finds their way to you

6. Once you have two friends in the same area, have each player invite two more friends to join a fireteam. Basically, you’re creating three separate fireteams of people you know, totaling up to nine players

7. Once you’re all together, be sure to stay in the same landing zone area so you don’t get instanced out of your big party

You can now play as a group of up to nine players for as long as you want.

It does make you question some of the decisions Bungie have made with this game.  Generally it seems people like the Escalation Protocols so GG Bungie but why make it 9 player if you can't group up as a fireteam of 9 :wacko: Oh well, good that people have found a way round that problem though :) I'll try and level up as quick as I can then I'll be down giving it a go.

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png

I’ve been trying to finish 2 more level 1 EPs to finish the sleeper quest.  A public event will happen, there’s 6 there including myself.  Finish the public event and start up and EP and half the people leave.  

If if anyone is on tonight or over the weekend and want to tackle this let me know.  

*The opinions of Riff Machine do not reflect those of Forever Gaming ;)*

20 hours ago, SensaiNemesis said:

I’ve been trying to finish 2 more level 1 EPs to finish the sleeper quest.  A public event will happen, there’s 6 there including myself.  Finish the public event and start up and EP and half the people leave.  

If if anyone is on tonight or over the weekend and want to tackle this let me know.  

I think after people initially checked it out and realise they are significantly under powered they ignore them. I can see why.

I think you have it now dude but if you want to try it again I'll be home tomorrow. I need them too.

We should organise a night on Escalation Patrol, even if it was just 5/6 of us. As we level up it would be good to try and get to at least level 3 for a drop or even level 5.

On 5/12/2018 at 12:07 PM, GazzaGarratt said:

You can now play as a group of up to nine players for as long as you want.

Totally agree party of 9 would be great...just a shame the maximum chat prty size is 8! 😂😂

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

16 hours ago, Plumbers Crack said:

Totally agree party of 9 would be great...just a shame the maximum chat prty size is 8! 😂😂

Don't get me started with the PSN chat... Its okay though, as there is a voice channel chat in game so we can all speak through that.

So I'm hearing that it's a real struggle if you are anything lower than 370 Power but also you really do need 9, 380 Power Guardians to defeat the waves and boss.

I think Bungie is being pressured to do something about matchmaking which I'm all for in a way. If they have to adjust the difficulty, just do a tiny bit. Its not getting criticised for being hard as we need hard challenges but more you need 9 people and getting said 9 together is extremely difficult due to party/matchmaking restrictions.

I'd rather they increased Patrol party sizes instead of Matchmaking. Its end game activity like Raids so you need co-ordination from a team, not randoms.

Because of a really good PvE activity they created I might get what I've always wanted - larger Patrol parties.

Yes there’s a lot of complaints about people being bullied into inviting people, making them party leader and getting kicked , so clans can get 9 together. Bungie need to sort it if they can , only took 4 years to get ‘delete from vault’ so might take some time

More than happy to try this out this week with others. I think we'll get more engagement from randoms too due to the Nascent Dawn steps. Got to Wave 4 last night.

Does anyone know where the loot was for Wave 3 completion? I didn't seem to drop anything specific.

How far have people got so far on Escalation Protocol? Anyone beaten bosses yet? I know@Bruce has on PC but I've only got to Wave 4.

Also, do rewards drop after Wave 3, 5 and 7 still?

My biggest complaint is that’s it’s built as a 9 man event. You can only have three in a party unless you invite randoms to it and they invite your friends