News Ticker
  • Welcome to FG
  • I saw an advert saying ‘Hairpieces from £5’. I thought ‘that’s a small price toupee’...
Dan94

What do you do?

21 hours ago, Dan94 said:

Does anyone here use LinkedIn much?

I'm on it but don't really use it. I have to get more engaged with it tbh however I always worry that is seen by your current employer as you're looking to move away. Having said that, it definitely helps get your networking up in and around the industry you want to work in.

Had an interview yesterday for an IT support / desktop engineer type role. Felt it went really well, my lack of experience and qualifications didn't seem to phase them as they look more into personality and fitting into the team and being able to teach me with a technical brain.

Should hear by the end of this week whether I've made the 2nd interviews. Fingers crossed

Sent from my Samsung S9+ using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Dan94 said:

Had an interview yesterday for an IT support / desktop engineer type role. Felt it went really well, my lack of experience and qualifications didn't seem to phase them as they look more into personality and fitting into the team and being able to teach me with a technical brain.

Should hear by the end of this week whether I've made the 2nd interviews. Fingers crossed

Sent from my Samsung S9+ using Tapatalk

Good luck to you dude, a lot of employers are now looking for people who want to learn and are a good fit in the company. I've been lucky enough to learn a lot on the job, i came in with my knowledge of data but am now being used for my creative ability and ability to talk to clients.