State of Decay 2

Loved the first game on the Xbox 360, which was single player, the sequel has 4 player co-op. For £24.99 I'll be getting it on PC for certain.

There's currently a technical beta if you sign up to the link below:
https://www.stateofdecay.com/beta-signup/

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

9 hours ago, J4MES OX4D said:

Hard to believe but this is literally the only big upcoming game the Xbox One X has right now. First one was great but as I don't have an XB1 and aren't willing to use the Windows Store, I may have to give this a miss. Does look good though! 

I think Windows Store puts a lot of folk off, though there's a good chance it'll eventually end up on Steam.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

On 5/2/2018 at 9:39 AM, tronic44 said:

Never played the first one but I love me a good coop game 👍

Yep, me too and from what I've seen I'll add this to my wishlist.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

1 hour ago, J4MES OX4D said:

Reviews are slowly coming in and after all the hype from IGN, they gave it just 7.5! I thought this low budget indie game was supposed to be the Xbox One X's saviour..

It's a slightly better looking version of a 5/6 year old game, with co-op added (but limited co-op it appears) so no chance of that, saviour my bollocks :)

.....but I'll still get it.

Played the first one a lot on the 360 and I liked it a lot.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

2 hours ago, phil bottle said:

It's a slightly better looking version of a 5/6 year old game, with co-op added (but limited co-op it appears) so no chance of that, saviour my bollocks :)

.....but I'll still get it.

Played the first one a lot on the 360 and I liked it a lot.

I think the media have done the game no favours the way they hyped it up....the same outlets that are now slating it despite giving the game encouraging coverage for weeks now especially IGN. Microsoft's marketing budget probably exceeded the development too! It's probably a decent budget buy even by today's standards. If it definitely ain't coming to Steam anytime soon I may just grab it cheap from CD Keys as I did like the original on the 360 which became a classic even on a system with stacks of great games already. I think everyone just pinned to much hope on this one though.  

I think the media have done the game no favours the way they hyped it up....the same outlets that are now slating it despite giving the game encouraging coverage for weeks now especially IGN. Microsoft's marketing budget probably exceeded the development too! It's probably a decent budget buy even by today's standards. If it definitely ain't coming to Steam anytime soon I may just grab it cheap from CD Keys as I did like the original on the 360 which became a classic even on a system with stacks of great games already. I think everyone just pinned to much hope on this one though.  
I agree with you there, Sea of Thieves, Black Flag was better, and SoD2 were touted a few months ago as PS4 beaters. Silliness multiplied. Pointless hype that just backfires. Neither studio involved is big enough or resourceful enough to compete with studios that can come up with the likes of God of War etc. At least SoD2 is half the price I suppose!

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Maybe IGN were obliged to big it up by a contract with Microsoft earning them some pennies pre-launch? Would make sense.

As Phil said, if its half the price then maybe its already at its correct value?

It's poorly optimised and needs a patch. I haven't tried co-op but I hear the experience is good for some and not for others as they're not using dedicated servers.

As it's an Xbox game on Windows 10 the game will only allow 900p, which is a bit of a joke. My PC can't make it's mind up to go for 1440x900 or 1600x900

lol

Maybe by the time it's on Steam all the shit stuff will be sorted as there's a decent game behind the shoddy infrastructure.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

On 5/25/2018 at 12:23 AM, phil bottle said:

It's poorly optimised and needs a patch. I haven't tried co-op but I hear the experience is good for some and not for others as they're not using dedicated servers.

As it's an Xbox game on Windows 10 the game will only allow 900p, which is a bit of a joke. My PC can't make it's mind up to go for 1440x900 or 1600x900

lol

Maybe by the time it's on Steam all the shit stuff will be sorted as there's a decent game behind the shoddy infrastructure.

Cheers for the heads up mate. Based on this it doesn't feel like something to waste money on just yet.