Cyberpunk 2077 Megathread

Just noticed we didn't have a megathread or info thread for Cyberpunk 2077 so we'll need to add info to this thread if anyone has the basic info of the game in this opening post.

Big hint from CD Projekt Red that they are going to show this game at E3 this year which is something most of us are waiting for.

They said it would show an RPG at E3 so can't see it being anything else as a new Witcher game must be way off or not even on the radar.

On 5/23/2019 at 11:40 AM, J4MES OX4D said:

Game will not be playable at E3 2019 although another demo will be available for people to watch. 

This game will have to superfantastic when it comes out as the hype feels like its been there forever. 2021 release maybe if we still can't play it?

3 hours ago, phil bottle said:

Add Keanu was a stroke of genius.

Absolutely. I have a feeling they have the perfect momentum to deliver a blockbuster of a game.

If they fuck this up I'm going to batter them to death with Keanu. Not as in side by side, but use him as a weapon. Swing him around by his ankles. 

This game is gonna suck me in so fucking hard. Best you lot write my name on the soles of my shoes so you can at least find me.

banlol.png

They've confirmed those yellow jackets that were available at E3 will be soon available to buy. I don't care I'd look like a bright nerdy twat, definitely on the xmas list. Also, the Collectors Edition is looking amazing:

cyberpunk-2077-collectors-edition.jpg

Is anyone thinking of reading up on the lore for this game?

I know it's based on a role playing game but from what I understand the universe is built upon the foundations of William Gibson's Neuromancer series.

Personally, I read Neuromancer as a kid, I may still even have it, so I'll be re-reading it and I might pick up the other two books from the series (Count Zero and Mona Lisa Overdrive).

Anyone else? Anyone thinking of picking up the RPG source books?

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

On 6/26/2019 at 7:53 PM, phil bottle said:

Is anyone thinking of reading up on the lore for this game?

I know it's based on a role playing game but from what I understand the universe is built upon the foundations of William Gibson's Neuromancer series.

Personally, I read Neuromancer as a kid, I may still even have it, so I'll be re-reading it and I might pick up the other two books from the series (Count Zero and Mona Lisa Overdrive).

Anyone else? Anyone thinking of picking up the RPG source books?

Never read any of that but I'd be into it. I enjoy background to story plots and why the game world is the way it is.

Do you know for certain it's based on those books or is there gonna be a different source?

Never read any of that but I'd be into it. I enjoy background to story plots and why the game world is the way it is.

Do you know for certain it's based on those books or is there gonna be a different source?
I'd never heard of the board game but yes, William Gibson's novels are the bedrock of cyberpunk and the video game uses the same lore. I'll chuck you my copy of Neuromancer next time we meet up.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

On 6/28/2019 at 4:35 PM, phil bottle said:

I'd never heard of the board game but yes, William Gibson's novels are the bedrock of cyberpunk and the video game uses the same lore. I'll chuck you my copy of Neuromancer next time we meet up.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Awesome. I finally have something to look forward to reading 😄