Fortnite: 13-year-old is game's youngest professional player

Plumbers Crack

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-43939836

A 13-year-old boy from Kent says he is living every child's "dream" after becoming Fortnite's youngest professional player.

Kyle Jackson is part of Team Secret Fortnite, which has four members, playing under the name "Mongraal".

Since launching in July 2017, the survival shooting game, which is free, has been downloaded more than 40 million times.

The teenager, from Sidcup, says he is doing well in most subjects at school.

At the moment, Kyle does not make money from his contract but he will get a share of the prize money from any competitions.

He started gaming at the age of eight, and three years later says he started to realise he was "probably better than the average player".

He says he noticed he was always coming top of the scoreboard for every game and was even finishing above semi-pro players.

But it's not just down to natural ability, Kyle adds. In the school holidays he plays nearly all day and constantly practises to improve.

"If a mistake happens, I will look over it in the replay mode and I'll see what I could have done better, and I'll improve on that next time I play."

Kyle's parents are very supportive and his father has agreed to accompany him when he takes part in competitions around the world.

But there are rules. He says he has a curfew of 21:00 BST and there are other times he cannot play.

"Currently, at school I'm doing very well in pretty much every subject so they're not really worried about me playing as much as I do. I still have time to study [and] revise."

Asked if his school friends are jealous of his opportunity, he said: "I guess they are kind of, playing games and travelling all over the world is kind of a dream for all kids."

And his team mates? The 13-year-old said they were shocked to find out his age but that he is treated the same as anyone else.

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork