Exotic Masterworks

GazzaGarratt

This by far is probably the most exciting change in May alongside the huge buffs and changes most exotics are getting.

Exotics will now have something similar to Legendary guns that will give people to chase (targeted to the hobbyists of Destiny).

First off every Exotic Weapon requires a 'Catalyst' to charge it. It will give you the information on how to do this, some maybe easy, one-off things, others longer and more cryptic.

Once charged it will give you a similar enhanced gun to Legendary Masterworks - generate orbs on double kills and kill counter.

The bit that will bring out a little more chase to find the info is that then there are further steps, or step for some guns that will give them a specific unique perk to add further dimensions to the gun. This bit is the one that makes me feel like its worthwhile coming back.

The perks added are unique to that Exotic. One speculated so far is the Vigilance Wing, the current beast of PvP,  gets a Full Auto perk.

Finally they are making changes (and not far away either) to add what was missing in D2.

2 hours ago, Baabcat said:

Bungie are slowly edging this game towards being of interest . Not sure I’m back in yet but maybe September DLC will be the thing that really gets the game back, hope so

September is definitely the step change for the game. That's been validated by the thoughts from most people at the Destiny Summit (I've put some videos in that thread if you didn't see them).

Ultimately this should give us quite a few things to do between May and September but who knows how long it could keep people busy for in that period.

For me, I'll be playing, not just because I enjoy the solid gameplay but there isn't really anything out there that answers my PvE itch as Destiny still does.

Whilst I know quite a few people hete take the piss out of the game or my positive stances, deep down I know nearly all the FGers want this game to be back to where it was. Not perfect but exciting to play with others.

Yeah, they just need more than the milestones. It dumbed it down to 5/6 things which were mainly participation rewards. That's why these Easter Egg Hunt style activities are brilliant and much more diverse than basic kill enemy challenges.

Thought this was also a good summary of the Exotic Weapon Buffs. The masterwork upgrades I've spoken about in a different thread.

Dropped my first Exotic Catalyst last night whilst doing a Public Event.  It was for Tractor Cannon and funnily enough I didn't have it on my Guardian so clearly some can be done without the weapon equipped.

Not checked it out yet but looking fotward to seeing what the next step is to unlock the Masterwork part.

Anyone else had a Catalyst drop?

Once Destiny Update 1.2.3 is live, the Exotic Catalyst for Sturm may be earned by defeating enemies on Nessus. Can't remember what the stat bonus is.

On 5/11/2018 at 6:36 AM, GazzaGarratt said:

Dropped my first Exotic Catalyst last night whilst doing a Public Event.  It was for Tractor Cannon and funnily enough I didn't have it on my Guardian so clearly some can be done without the weapon equipped.

Not checked it out yet but looking fotward to seeing what the next step is to unlock the Masterwork part.

Anyone else had a Catalyst drop?

Yep, the fancy hand cannon everyone loves but who’s name I can’t remember to do and finished the Polaris Lance including the masterwork 

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

I’ve had a few:

tractor canon (now upgraded)

crimson (done)

vigilence wing (done)

one of the snipers (not done)

graviton lance (upgrade is taking forever seriously, I use this thing all the time and I’m on 12% upgrade completion)

think that’s it. Crimson upgraded is total beast (was already beast, now with extra range)