GE Force Experience

Just downloaded this. Any basic information I should follow? It looks pretty straightforward but do people open PC games from this or Steam?
I still start my games from Steam and various other launchers.

I like the overlay, you can have your frame rate displayed in a corner of the screen while playing games.

Plus I use it for recording and streaming.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

9 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Just downloaded this. Any basic information I should follow? It looks pretty straightforward but do people open PC games from this or Steam?

It's only useful for downloading the up to date drivers. The feature is supposed to optimise your games for you but it can be staggeringly wrong at times choosing substantially reduced settings to what your GPU can handle so people rely on it can get an inferior experience than if they just tweaked the settings themselves. With my old 770 on The Division; it detected everything at low settings with everything else turned off yet I ran the game flawlessly at 60fps at Very High with everything else turned on and still had VRAM to spare.

I'd launch through Steam or any other launcher than rely on that. Just use it for downloading the latest drivers. 

Yeah, if you have problems it may be a bad install, I'd just roll it back and then reinstall the latest.

Never had a problem recording or streaming, that wasn't caused by a poorly optimised game and I've been using it for 5 years now, with a few names changes (I preferred it when they called it Shadowplay lol).

I do agree, it does verge on the conservative side when it comes to optimal settings, but it's a good guide, starting point.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg