Power Level Changes - May

GazzaGarratt

Significant changes ahead in 2 ways.

1) How harder the enemies will be

2) How much your light level can increase when May update/DLC2 drops

Enemies will now be going up to level 50, 10 levels higher than they do now. They are reintroducing harder enemies in certain sections which means we'll see the ?? Symbols if you are too level for them.

The objective is to bring a higher challenge across the board. Exactly what it needs.

The Power level you can go to will now be:

340 soft cap

380 hard cap

Weekly milestones will be the way to go to bring up to 380. Also, moving from 370 to 380 will take just as long as 340 to 370 - trying to add the grind and achievement back into the game.

Clan engrams will help (0-2 power level increase) but it will be more about your own efforts. The wider challenges you complete the greater the reward.

All in all really good change. The top level (385 with mods) is a larger increase than expected. Higher rewards come from Raids and Trials but doing everything pays off too. The balance seems to be getting better with each update.

How do you guys feel about this? We'll also have another raid lair available too.

3 hours ago, NCA-Paendrag said:

I struggle to get above 335 now. Only getting 324-330 engrams. 

That's because the current max power level is 335 :)

Haha, nope, 330 max without mods, 335 with.

As for the changes, I'm really looking forward to them. This is definitely the make or break moment when Season 3 drops, and I have to say I'm optimistic.

By the way, did you see the vid of them using the revised Rat King?! They just *wrecked* the Leviathan guards. Definitely want to get the Rat King next time we go for a nightfall again.

1562265543_Starletlogsig.png.19b3c199efb193f2f7d11a161bf5a2d6.png

On 19/04/2018 at 8:43 PM, Bluebear said:

Haha, nope, 330 max without mods, 335 with.

As for the changes, I'm really looking forward to them. This is definitely the make or break moment when Season 3 drops, and I have to say I'm optimistic.

By the way, did you see the vid of them using the revised Rat King?! They just *wrecked* the Leviathan guards. Definitely want to get the Rat King next time we go for a nightfall again.

Absolutely, Its insane (its in the Exotic Weapon Changes thread).

Funnily enough, even if May's updates and DLC2 aren't brilliant, I think the make or break time is in September when they make adjustments for random rolls and weapon slots.

I'm just looking forward to new content and some better events like 6v6 IB and eventually Faction Rally when it gets improved in the Summer.