Exotic Weapon Changes - May Update

GazzaGarratt

At the start of season 3 (May 8th), exotic weapon changes are incoming. A little teaser from Bungie Twitter shows the Graviton Lance at work. It looks bloody impressive.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

19 hours ago, NCA-Paendrag said:

What, they gonna buff the Graviton? 

I've had it for quite a while and it doesn't kill that fast. Allthough it's a pretty decent weapon 🙂

Yep, and a large batch of exotics to be buffed. They need to. An Exotic should feel rare and powerful with unique defining abilities.

They released 2 more.

Skyburners Oath - firing from the hip, means quicker bullets but also every bullet becomes heat seeking. Buffed power too.

Rat King - the fire rate is ridiculous as you can see below.

This is starting to really excite me now. Guns finally look and feel powerful - and I still have to do the Rat King Quest.

Where is everyone up to on the Rat King quest? I'm on the last stage iirc, the nightfall stage. From what I can tell, I need people who are either on the same stage or above for me to advance. If you guys want to get to get together to get us all up to the NF stage I'm happy to do that. 1 less weapon slot being taken up either way!

Via the FG App

1562265543_Starletlogsig.png.19b3c199efb193f2f7d11a161bf5a2d6.png

On 21/04/2018 at 2:52 PM, Bluebear said:

Where is everyone up to on the Rat King quest? I'm on the last stage iirc, the nightfall stage. From what I can tell, I need people who are either on the same stage or above for me to advance. If you guys want to get to get together to get us all up to the NF stage I'm happy to do that. 1 less weapon slot being taken up either way!

Via the FG App

Not a clue Nick tbh. I need to check the quest again as I just didn't look into it at the time as I didn't want to run through content.

Tractor Cannon Update - A shot creates a large void damage buff so you can stack void damage abilities afterwards to destroy high value targets as you can see in Houndish's first 2 minutes of the video below

They also confirmed that nearly every exotic has been reworked and effectively upgraded. From what I cam remember from the stream:

Hard Light - Similar to Borealis sniper, it now has all types of energy that you can swap whilst firing with the reload button.

Sturm - Get a precision kill and then allows your next kill can become a 2 shot kill. Both shots just need to hit the target.

Riskrunner - Will give a significant Arc damage buff when used but also reduce Arc damage (even if its just equipped) by around 50%. This is pretty huge advantage when defending against Arcstrider super or on a mainly Arc damage Nightfall.

2 hours ago, NCA-Paendrag said:

Hey-ho on the Hardlight. I can blow off some dust on it again. 

So the Riskrunner reduces the enemy's arc damage? 

Yep, riskrunner gives that both perks for attack and defence but obviously you only get the attack damage buff if you're using the gun.

On the Hardlight front, the below video will just show how key it will probably be in a Nightfall with any damage type that can be used.

I agree on the Nightfall versatile damage type. I saw it did 222 crit damage but didn't seem to kill that much faster than i.e Positive Outlook or Uriels Gift? 

But I have liked the Hardlight previously so will be a fond reunion I hope 🙂

On 4/25/2018 at 8:54 PM, NCA-Paendrag said:

I agree on the Nightfall versatile damage type. I saw it did 222 crit damage but didn't seem to kill that much faster than i.e Positive Outlook or Uriels Gift? 

But I have liked the Hardlight previously so will be a fond reunion I hope 🙂

The significant difference that Hard Light gets going forward is more to do with matching shield damage types to the damage type switched on. If you match the shield damage on your energy weapon it goes down quicker and you get an explosion bonus around the shield that has been destroyed.

Equally, one thing that people glazed over lately is the update to maje enemies harder in this May update includes the change to NOT matching shield and weapon damage types. Therefore it will take longer to get rid of a shielded enemy e.g. An Arc shielded Knight will take longer to break his shield with a Void Energy Weapon.

I think Hardlight is also getting other boosts too.

Sweet Business. When paired with Actium War Rig (10% ammo returned to the mag) and then you step into a Warlock's Rift with Lunafaction Boots this is what you get. Bullets for days. Insane.

Via the FG App

The Graviton Lance is awesome! I used it for most of the night and the whilst it goes down to a 2-tap burst, the explosions are brilliant. I can see a fireteam of Graviton's would look crazy.

12 hours ago, NCA-Paendrag said:

Gonna try it out tonight. Had too much fun with the Crimson so far 

🙂

Not dropped Crimson yet. Kirk @Synnith its been a beast for him too.

The DARCI was immense on the Nightfall with an Arc singe modifier on, way more enjoyable to play sniper rifles with the sandbox and exotic updates. You have to make sure you wait for the scan in scope before shooting a critical hit. That's how you get monster damage.

What other exotics is everyone else enjoying?

I love the hell out of the Graviton. Presicion hit one and you take down multiple enemies from the blast and following exploding orbs. 

A mate of mine got 4 kills from killing one guy in pvp. Tried it there last night but didn't come across multiple enemies close enough to each other. Did ok with it though. I need to improve my headshot aim as hitting anything else takes too long.