Sea of Thieves Content Plans

So as the game has been out for a few weeks now, it is pretty fair to say the game is beautiful but quite shallow on the rewarding content that you need to give you a reason to keep sailing.

Rare released this video outlining their content plans.

6 larger content updates.

1 in May

2 in Summer

2 in Fall/Winter

All add a new AI threat.

Inbetween content is Weekly Events. These will utilise more of the map to explore things like underwater caverns and reefs, secret treasures and thrones to find with unique rewards.

All of this will be free (in fairness I agree it should as £50 for this game was extremely high) so by half year I feel this game should be extremely playable.

I can't say enough how beautiful the game is so with more content to help us along I'm relieved to say the least.

28 minutes ago, phil bottle said:

Aaar

I think I'm so used to early access games now I don't have a problem with waiting. But it's not supposed to be early access. For the price we paid they need to sort it out content-wise.

It seems like its on the right track. My only reservation is that they say its a new threat, not plural. May be reading way into this but I don't want it to be just like the Kraken which is one random AI (and underwhelming at that). I hope its a large quest to find a group of different AI which would be refreshing as all you see is Skeletons.

W/C 22nd May Developer Update

They're continuing to make little steps forward with the QoL updates in game.

I still think next week is the time to hop back in though as May 29th brings the first free content drop to players The Hungering Deep. Their plans to keep campaign drops in-game after completion are a good one, however that will have more impact when you can replay 3 or 4 different campaigns they need to drop.

May set aside a night on PC to try it out next week - @phil bottle you game?