Warmind DLC2

GazzaGarratt

D2_EP2_Teaser.jpg?cv=3983621215&av=11519

Called 'Warmind', reveal stream is set for April 24th. The only thing said about it so far is that “It will send you to new places to meet new heroes and battle new enemies. You’ll earn new loot and master new activities.”

What's made this one more way more interesting so far is there choice of words. They know they can't use the word 'new' if we're talking about seeing any of the current and Destiny 1 enemies. The only ones we haven't seen yet so far in D2 is SIVA but it shouldn't be just Dreg Splicers we see as it indicates new enemies. Its odds on to meet a person from the Bray family, as they invented Warminds. Just hope the story lives up to a £20/$20 DLC and it comes with a really grindy, progressional new activity.

D2_EP2_Teaser.jpg?cv=3983621215&av=1151964485

Called 'Warmind', reveal stream is set for April 24th. The only thing said about it so far is that “It will send you to new places to meet new heroes and battle new enemies. You’ll earn new loot and master new activities.”

What's made this one more way more interesting so far is there choice of words. They know they can't use the word 'new' if we're talking about seeing any of the current and Destiny 1 enemies. The only ones we haven't seen yet so far in D2 is SIVA but it shouldn't be just Dreg Splicers we see as it indicates new enemies. Its odds on to meet a person from the Bray family, as they invented Warminds. Just hope the story lives up to a £20/$20 DLC and it comes with a really grindy, progressional new activity.

Man I hate when they use the word new. We will see how this goes. I love the Warmind stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i7 7700k, 16GB RAM, GEFORCE 1080, 240GB SSHD, 2TB SSD

I have better hopes for this DLC. I'm hopeful that at the very leqst we get this 'new' enemy they're talking about.

It's likely to be Frames and Constructs. MyNameIsByf video below explains it extremely well.

I also think that it shouldn't be dramatically different enemy as it needs to fit the world of Destiny. Its almost certain we'll see SIVA too.

£/$20 seems achieveable this time round. I'm still going to hold on to some glimmer of hope, they are talking a lot more and realising the changes they need to make. Nothing wrong with second chances (or thirteenth chance ;)).

18 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

I have better hopes for this DLC. I'm hopeful that at the very leqst we get this 'new' enemy they're talking about.

It's likely to be Frames and Constructs. MyNameIsByf video below explains it extremely well....

I just watched that video on YouTube and came here to post it, but you beat me to it.  Sounds plausible.  It couldn't come at a better time.  I've been wanting a reason to get back into Destiny.  This would probably intrigue a lot of people enough to jump back on for a while.  I sure hope so anyway... 

5abdbe250c715_RespectAll-FearNone.png.9bc1a4f0d1cdab1c7e67e48baf8275b4.png.63941b93d8c1d7bc3f9ca9f365076c45.png

Teaser looks pretty cool i'd say. Also brief teaser of the new mode 'Hive Escalation Protocol'.

Also really glad that Mars looks far bigger than Mercury to explore.

10 hours ago, The3rdWalker said:

I'm soooo sick of Bungie's "New Enemies" bullshit. No, not new enemies, Hive with ice. Okay.

Hang on, I don't think the new enemies statement was related to this.

We'll hopefully learn later today in the Live Bungie Stream - if it does mean these then I would be disappointed too. Equally then I would ask what is the relation to lore statements quoting Frames and Constructs when they're not in the game. Looking forward to finding out later.

54 minutes ago, The3rdWalker said:

Nah, these are going to be the new enemies, I would bet you $20. Its classic Bungie. 

Ah bugger. Then its really about if people have enough different experiences after this.

I think its clear that when the Roadmap came out it was September that was going to add significant value. There should be $20 worth of stuff to do which I actually have found I got with Osiris DLC (still have weapons to obtain) but I'll keep reserved for now.

I watched the live stream and thought it was encouraging. Definitely $20 available to play.

If no one has added info on the Hive Protocol new mode and all the other perks that drop, I'll add them on tomorrow at some point.

What was good to hear so far is that no one has really stream anything of the campaign parts so far.

DLC related alone, the view is we'll be getting similar to Osiris DLC in regards to new story missions, new adventures and new quests. New place to explore (Ice caps on Mars) which is far bigger than Mercury.

I think the key to it this one being worthwhile is the new horde/patrol/wave mode called Escalation Protocol.

In direct comparison to Osiris, we had guns to grind for from existing content whereas this is a new mode entirely that will have a unique reward from each boss. Apparently, they had one final chance after the Summit to take on feedback from the youtube and twitch attendees and crank the difficulty up a notch.

I'll add other elements on different threads as not all relate to DLC.

Oh, almost forgot. 16 exotics come in with DLC. 8 new and 8 old, including the Sleeper Simulant. I'm really hoping for a secret quest to chase for that one. Not something that is just handed to you.

I won't lie, since the "Go Fast" update I've been enjoying how the game feels a lot more than before.

I don't expect the new content to be groundbreaking, but with the changes that are incoming, will hopefully be a breath of fresh air.

Escalation Protocol definitely has me excited, as I feel the game has needed a horde-esque mode.

The Summit was mostly to do with the big end of year expansion, and maybe after.

Overall, I'm more than likely going to enjoy it.

From what's been shown so far it will definitely be better than Curse of Osiris.

Not expecting it to be much better, but I'm hopeful.

I'm so very far behind on this game and need a really short and brief bullet list of what's changed and what's coming since I stopped playing 2 or 3 months ago!!

Sorry for my ignorance! Can anyone help there? 

15 hours ago, Mikepjbell said:

I'm so very far behind on this game and need a really short and brief bullet list of what's changed and what's coming since I stopped playing 2 or 3 months ago!!

Nothing meaningful has changed to be honest

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

20 hours ago, Mikepjbell said:

Bart and Chris are right when it comes to the real significant change comes in September.

However, there's more options for hobbyists in the May Update. From memory, if you start playing again from May 8th you'll have these changes:

- Warmind Story Missions - DLC

- New Quests - DLC & May Patch

- New Adventures - DLC

- 3 New Strikes (1 PSN exclusive within that)

- New Game Mode, Escalation Protocol (7 waves with some mechanics then a boss. 5 bosses in total, rotate weekly) - DLC

- Crucible PvP Ranking (5 levels, like OW but rewards as you progress) - May Update

- 45 Data Collections to find, likely to be linked to a Quest

- 40 Music Boxes to find, likely to be linked to a Quest

Nearly all buffed in different ways (see other threads)

- Exotic Masterworks (Mini quests per weapon that we have to figure out)

- New Raid Lair, Spire of Stars

- Vault Space increased from 200 to 300

- 4 Emote Wheel

- Delete directly from Postmaster and Vault (finally)

- Unique Nightfall Rewards - April Update

- Nightfall Challenge Card Scoring (Add modifiers, scores to reach)

- Lengendary Nightfall Challenge Card from Xur - May Update

- Heroic Strike Modifiers - May Update

- 6v6 Iron Banner - April Update

If you haven't played Osiris DLC, You'll have that as well to do which is similar to Warmind stuff minus the new game mode. Although does have 11 guns to grind.

Think thats it. Should be stuff for a few months and then the big update in September (Random rolls, Weapon Slot Changes, large DLC, Etc).

For me this is worth it to tide me over til Sept. Need to do more raids.

Bungie's marketing has always been on point and I don't think this is any different, that looks fun to play.  Esepcially at it seems you could just wander in to while in the open world.  I really should get back on Destiny to figure out what has changed and any new mechanics before this dlc drops.

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png

6 hours ago, NCA-Paendrag said:

Only an hour in but loved the intro and looking forward to get more into this! 

It is really well made, albeit short. Btw, for a $20 expansion its expected to be short as Destiny isn't really about the story missions. The grind after that seems positive.