God of War PS4

Metacritic already has it at 94. Apparently the controls are even more solid than first thought as you have to use Kratos and his son. I might follow any reviews that are here before looking to purchase it.

I'm probably going to pick it up this week. Watched a lot of reviews and read a lot of feedback and I'm convinced this is definitely a generation-defining game. No loot boxes or stifled progression mechanics which is great and how games should be. My only concern is the camera along with the narrow FOV but hopefully that will just add to the immersion and wont be too clunky or headache-inducing. 

Got this today and managed to play a few hours so far. I can already tell this is streets ahead of the majority of games these days. The production quality is truly remarkable and everything is so well crafted and polished, it is quite incredible really. I don't usually pay attention to reviews but after seeing so many near-perfect scores, I thought it was too good to be true but this game so far is just breathtaking and a prime contender for being one of the best games of all time. The reviews are absolutely spot on it seems. What makes it more surprising is that I don't usually like these mythical RPG-type games!

Microsoft and EA said single player games were finished and it was all about these shitty online service sandbox bollocks now - God of War has just well and truly shat on that just like the other PS4 exclusives in the last few years but this one is the absolute proof that the industry needs single player experiences like this made with the utmost care and attention. No lootboxes, season pass, microtransactions, map waypoints, x-ray vision, mundane quests etc...This is the real deal and I almost forgot that games like this could exist. 

I highly recommend picking this up. Best game on PS4 by a mile. 

7 minutes ago, MrBiron said:

I've played a couple of hours and it's OK, I guess. I wouldn't say it's the best game of this generation. But I'm not saying it's a bad game.

First two hours are just the introduction really and nothing special. Once the game gets going, it drastically improves. 

On 4/27/2018 at 9:53 AM, MrBiron said:

I've played a couple of hours and it's OK, I guess. I wouldn't say it's the best game of this generation. But I'm not saying it's a bad game.

Angry Joe would disagree too. Not saying you're wrong but it seems to up there with Horizon Zero Dawn. Sony are owning Microsoft continuously.

On 4/29/2018 at 7:19 PM, NCA-Paendrag said:

I heard it's similar to Dark Souls? 

I first wanted this game but not if it's anything like Dark Souls. 

Nothing like Dark Souls thankfully. It's like The Last of Us in a fantasy world but with some light RPG elements. The combat is slick, the difficulty is fair and well-balanced and it's not frustrating in the slightest. Controls are solid and the environments are simply breathtaking.  This is definitely a game that everyone would likely enjoy and appreciate. 

Just now, NCA-Paendrag said:

That's good to hear. Bummer that I don't have the PS4 Pro and a 4K tv. 

Game looks astonishing even in 1080p on a 1st gen PS4 but I will definitely have to play this again if I do get a Pro and 4K TV combo - even a Pro and a standard TV with supersampling turned on makes a big difference too according to users. If I had £700 spare I'd get one tonight😆  

12 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Angry Joe would disagree too. Not saying you're wrong but it seems to up there with Horizon Zero Dawn. Sony are owning Microsoft continuously.

You're sending a review of a game to someone who already has the game and who fed back his thoughts. Fucking hell Lee🤣🤣🤣

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

27 minutes ago, phil bottle said:

You're sending a review of a game to someone who already has the game and who fed back his thoughts. Fucking hell Lee🤣🤣🤣

It was more that it against @MrBiron's view! 😂😂

My brain was looking some juice last night! 😪

1 hour ago, Capn_Underpants said:

Haven't really liked anything since the Witcher.

Let's just say The Witcher 3 was my favourite game of all time......until I played this. God of War is like TW3, The Last of Us and Zelda combined and it shits on all of them....combined😎

Bought this yesterday and loving it so far! Halfway to level 3 and unlocked some cool comboes. Axe strength is up to 73. Upgraded armor with perks and need to upgrade Artheus' stuff more. 

Can see it becoming a bit repetative combat wise but have more stuff to unlock and been caught up in the story. 

Have reached the Light if Anaheim or Alfheim, can't remember, and went into the light and another world or something. 

Just want to play more!