New EU GDPR Laws [May 25th 2018)

J4MES OX4D

Big changes starting next month to data protection in the EU which you may start noticing as businesses prepare for this implementation. You may receive emails and other documentation which outline existing and new permissions on how your data is stored and used, plus how firms are able to contact you and what information you want to receive from them. More information about this change here http://www.wired.co.uk/article/what-is-gdpr-uk-eu-legislation-compliance-summary-fines-2018 

Big changes starting next month to data protection in the EU which you may start noticing as businesses prepare for this implementation. You may receive emails and other documentation which outline existing and new permissions on how your data is stored and used, plus how firms are able to contact you and what information you want to receive from them. More information about this change here http://www.wired.co.uk/article/what-is-gdpr-uk-eu-legislation-compliance-summary-fines-2018 
All UK businesses should have been aware of this for a while now. I bet many won't be compliant. There's a lot of work involved. In my workplace we've been preparing for a while now. I provide assessment analysis data. I pull in student details with the data but now have to delete it before sharing. We've also started making the move over to SharePoint and deleting ancient folders on the h drive.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

52 minutes ago, phil bottle said:

All UK businesses should have been aware of this for a while now. I bet many won't be compliant

Yep, out of all the businesses I work with, shop with or am registered to; only Greenmangaming have so far acted upon this forthcoming change. Just hope any company that dodges this gets held accountable with the penalties outlined. I hope I don't get flooded in the last couple of weeks before the deadline but that's the way it seems to be heading. 

There's still some time to implement so if you haven't heard from them that may not mean they're not doing it.

I've been part of the project to implement the EU GDPR changes where I am and we're due to compliant ahead of the changes and will tell relevant to people in due course.

Tbh, its mainly for those utter garbage companies that opt you in automatically. Now you have to positively elect to opt in so most companies need to change their marketing question wording. A lot won't talk about it, only bigger national companies are likely to do communications.

22 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

There's still some time to implement so if you haven't heard from them that may not mean they're not doing it.

That probably covers it, we hold a lot of personal information about a lot of people but in essence have just deleted a lot of data and rather than write or email everyone just put it on our website which we now direct people too if they want to read it.

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png

3 hours ago, Greboth said:

That probably covers it, we hold a lot of personal information about a lot of people but in essence have just deleted a lot of data and rather than write or email everyone just put it on our website which we now direct people too if they want to read it.

Exactly. If you are never going to do anything with it, then why shout about it. However if you ever want to Market anyone, you most likely need to remind people they are happy with their marketing preferences.

1 hour ago, J4MES OX4D said:

I really like Bowls but it's quite a dangerous sport and there tends to be crowd trouble at games. 

Nah mate, you're thinking of Crown Green Bowls....I play Lawn Bowls! :lol::lol:

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2018/feb/07/drunken-behaviour-spoils-genteel-sport-of-crown-green-bowling

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

10 hours ago, J4MES OX4D said:

Ah I see - Lawn Bowls must be the one where they have coffee and 99p ice cream cones available from the shack then. GotchaB)

Naw, I’d like to think we’re a bit more edgy...a bit like this...

4 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

FYI, the update to your PS4s yesterday was related to this when it explains using your email address in 2 different ways.

I wondered what the hell you were on about Lee....then I realised we’d derailed the thread with Old Men’s Marbles! :lol::lol:

I wondered what the hell you were on about Lee....then I realised we’d derailed the thread with Old Men’s Marbles! [emoji38][emoji38]
Please tell me that OLD MENS MARBLES is a thing. I lost mine a long time ago [emoji41]

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

15 minutes ago, phil bottle said:

Please tell me that OLD MENS MARBLES is a thing. I lost mine a long time ago emoji41.png

OMM is a disrespectful reference to bowls Phil :lol: