Destiny Summit - Bungie to use Content Creators to Play-test Future Updates

The3rdWalker

I can see why Bungie would do this and to some extent it’s a positive move, but I’m not sure what ‘testing content’ means. If this checking over new missions and strikes and raid then to be honest I think Bungie still do this stuff quite well. I didn’t have a problem with any of the D2 content, thought it was all pretty good. What was totally lacking was any reason to do it more than a couple of times as loot pool was so naff. That’s what they need to fix.

Looks like a last-ditch desperate PR move. Pretty much the Destiny equivalent of Ali-A and Tmartn when they get shipped off and pampered for a few days to check out the latest material Activision has to offer in return for biased YouTube coverage to appeal to their subscribers. It's all a load of bullshit anyway - ideas and feedback never get taken into consideration with things like this and if they did; what gives YouTubers and Streamers power over the paying customers? Perhaps if Bungie actually listened to the real community and offered beta events open to all product owners; the game would be in a better place and moving in a better direction.

These 'I'll suck your corporate cock and you can suck mine' events are just an outdated and unproductive way of doing things and they always end up being dishonest for the real community members. The script will be; ''Bungie flew me off to their HQ and I got to check out all the upcoming content which was super exciting and from what I saw the game is gonna be better than ever'' and once they've met their scripted obligation; it'll be back to Fortnite for the cheque to clear the next day. How many times did we see this with COD. 

I think you're wrong on this James. Big named goofy YouTubers, sure, but some of the names they invited are huge. 

This needed to happen from day one of Destiny. SlayerAge, Gothalion and the majority of the others not only are fan favorites but outside of Datto they were the biggest progression raiders. I would trust their judgement on what's good and bad. Gothatlion along with the others left Destiny completely to become variety streamers after stating their problems with Bungie and Destiny Too. They crucified them.

i7 7700k, 16GB RAM, GEFORCE 1080, 240GB SSHD, 2TB SSD

48 minutes ago, The3rdWalker said:

I think you're wrong on this James. Big named goofy YouTubers, sure, but some of the names they invited are huge. 

This needed to happen from day one of Destiny. SlayerAge, Gothalion and the majority of the others not only are fan favorites but outside of Datto they were the biggest progression raiders. I would trust their judgement on what's good and bad. Gothatlion along with the others left Destiny completely to become variety streamers after stating their problems with Bungie and Destiny Too. They crucified them.

I'm actually with Rob on this @J4MES OX4D. They've done some clever PR moves with their recent communications however this right now is geniunely needed as some of these content creators really do help steer the game in the right direction.

Many of these will be extremely constuctive with Bungie. That's what they need.

The game will die with Destiny Too if they don’t take these peoples critiques seriously. Rainbow Six for example involves their pro players for balancing. It’s a smart move.

Destiny is #34 in the US with 2,000 viewers on Twitch. During Destiny and Destiny Too Goth dedicates his entire livelihood to raiding across all platforms and was averaging 12,000-20,000 viewers. The game is just in an awful place publicly and if they improve enough to bring Goth, SlayerAge, Datto and say.. TripleWreck it could save them.

15 hours ago, The3rdWalker said:

Don't get me wrong; I believe the Destiny YouTubers/Streamers have good intentions but I don't believe Activision or Bungie are doing this for the most productive reasons. What usually happens is these targeted people get flown out and get to play and record pre-produced content for their channel to promote with along with a script. I also don't believe any feedback given in this time will be effective and that's if these pampered people even have the balls to do so. Bungie have already blacklisted a string of critics and people who stopped playing so unless they've had an overnight epiphany, I can't see them welcoming damning criticism especially on their doorstep. Real and serious closed testing events like this are usually watertight and done in total private so if this is done as a charade; I'll be very sceptical of any benefit for doing it.

This happens every year in COD and we always get broken, unbalanced games that need multiple patches and updates despite the likes of Nadeshot saying it's 'perfect in every way imaginable' so I really have to take things like this with a pinch of salt especially now as Destiny is languishing behind even indie games in popularity. I will follow this carefully but I would expect detailed information and feedback from the visitors given to the community on the content and plans going forward for it to be a deemed genuine and worthwhile exercise.  

1 hour ago, J4MES OX4D said:

Don't get me wrong; I believe the Destiny YouTubers/Streamers have good intentions but I don't believe Activision or Bungie are doing this for the most productive reasons. What usually happens is these targeted people get flown out and get to play and record pre-produced content for their channel to promote with along with a script. I also don't believe any feedback given in this time will be effective and that's if these pampered people even have the balls to do so. Bungie have already blacklisted a string of critics and people who stopped playing so unless they've had an overnight epiphany, I can't see them welcoming damning criticism especially on their doorstep. Real and serious closed testing events like this are usually watertight and done in total private so if this is done as a charade; I'll be very sceptical of any benefit for doing it.

This happens every year in COD and we always get broken, unbalanced games that need multiple patches and updates despite the likes of Nadeshot saying it's 'perfect in every way imaginable' so I really have to take things like this with a pinch of salt especially now as Destiny is languishing behind even indie games in popularity. I will follow this carefully but I would expect detailed information and feedback from the visitors given to the community on the content and plans going forward for it to be a deemed genuine and worthwhile exercise.  

I listened to Unknown Player and he's being pretty open in saying that this one seems a whole lot different to other invitations. Others had NDAs on them and it was purely to play the DLC or whatever it is.

They'll still play DLC but admittedly he even says they won't be able to change that piece of development as its already done. Its the Summer and beyond changes that they can actively help steer Bungie in the right direction. The 3/4 youtubers I watch for Destiny, I agree with their potential changes 99% of the time.

I won't deny its good PR move, but on this occasion the value added they get back from this will be heard and hopefully one day seen by the entire Destiny community.

1 hour ago, J4MES OX4D said:

along with a script.

During the Prison of Elders segment Deej was playing with Goth, at Bungie, and Gothalion said into the camera that this feature was shit and was concerning. I don't believe there's a script. Deej on the other hand, their community manager is a totally robot and reads from a teleprompter.

1 hour ago, The3rdWalker said:

During the Prison of Elders segment Deej was playing with Goth, at Bungie, and Gothalion said into the camera that this feature was shit and was concerning. I don't believe there's a script. Deej on the other hand, their community manager is a totally robot and reads from a teleprompter.

I watched that and it was classic, whatever Deej said Gothalian just said ‘but no raid ?’ all the way through. Was exactly what loads of regular players were thinking 

41 minutes ago, Baabcat said:

I watched that and it was classic, whatever Deej said Gothalian just said ‘but no raid ?’ all the way through. Was exactly what loads of regular players were thinking 

Yeah I've got a lot of respect for Gothalion, and Datto as well (even though he's a winy cunt). They stated time and time again how disappointing the game is,  said that Destiny Too was a waste of time and he could not risk his livelihood on Destiny Too.

I've been watching summary videos about the summit today. Not much gleamed from them but enough to feel 'encouraged' as Datto says. The completely new mode in September sounds really intriguing.

Datto

MoreConsole

MTashed

UnknownPlayer