Sign in to follow this  
J4MES OX4D

YouTube Shooting

Terrible scenes http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-43638221

Hate to say it but an incident like this had been brewing and it was only a matter of time the company would send some nutjob over the edge. They've certainly provoked a lot of anger in the last couple of years which has been confined to the internet but it's shocking to see it manifested like this. Could've been much worse but something like this was inevitable in today's delicate climate. 

7 hours ago, J4MES OX4D said:

Terrible scenes http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-43638221

Hate to say it but an incident like this had been brewing and it was only a matter of time the company would send some nutjob over the edge. They've certainly provoked a lot of anger in the last couple of years which has been confined to the internet but it's shocking to see it manifested like this.

can't say i'm in any rush to blame the victim here.  i'm aware of unpopular choices YT made relatively recently which fucked with how content creators make their money.  however -- and maybe this is just me getting older -- i can't drum up a lot of sympathy for folks who rely on posting videos for their income when mayyyybe they should've just gotten a real job.

same deal with the Angry Party Pooper dog guy -- on one hand i'd like to think i'm a proponent of free speech, but on the other hand it's really difficult for me to sympathize with a "shitposter."

1 hour ago, Sennex said:

Wasn't the shooter the Ex-GF of one of the guys that worked there? Thats what was on the news his morning anyway.

EDIT: Maybe not? IDK anymore.

I think that was the assumption at first as one bloke and two women were seemingly targeted but the more that's come out about the incident, it seems it was just a woman furious at YouTube for personal reasons. I actually thought the motive at first was some love triangle or summat but this has been completely ruled out but it's still not clear whether the victims were known to the shooter. 

same deal with the Angry Party Pooper dog guy -- on one hand i'd like to think i'm a proponent of free speech, but on the other hand it's really difficult for me to sympathize with a "shitposter."

You dont test your commitment to free speech with that which you agree with, you test it with that to which you dont.

Youtube routinely demonitises anything that falls outside its narrative.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

You dont test your commitment to free speech with that which you agree with, you test it with that to which you dont.

You don't test your commitment to gaming by rarely bothering to post about games in a gaming forum🤣🤣🤣🤣

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

10 hours ago, Dr Diamond said:

thanks bud, that's actually why i said "i'd like to think."  ;)  your point was already taken, and that was me acknowledging the line i draw in my head.

i completely respect the fact that it's far easier for others to defend that guy than it is for me.  like i said, i'm getting older, and absolutism just feels exhausting to me.  i can legit feel my idealism fading away with my youth.  at this rate i'll probably be the new McNasty in a year or so.

#sorryofftopic