Random Rolls & Weapon Slots (& Content)

GazzaGarratt

Over the last few days, a few interesting posts came up from Cozmo (Community Manager) and Chris Barrett. The pictures of both are below, and both indicate they are very aware of random rolls and weapon slots as the most requested change needed from the community.

Screenshot_20180402-084409.jpg

IMG_20180402_083116.jpg

This isn't amy guarantee they will do it, or anything else on the list but for them to be quite open and say 'we need to give you an answer on these asap' seems promising.

I am totally with these changes. There are other solutions but these are tried and tested so it's okay if they went back to it.

My overriding concern with all of this that a lot don't talk about is the content. We need more than one new activity to grind and progress. If they do decide to bring one or both of these back, the community will immediately be saying 'that's great and all, but what do we play to get all this stuff.'

Random rolls will bring back a massive desire to keep grinding loot, but they aren't mutually exclusive. To get said fabulous loot you need different things to do that sre interesting.

I could go on about this but interested to hear what you guys think.

Via the FG App

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

39 minutes ago, techno said:

Im just watching a video by unknown player on this .

Yeah, that's where I heard it again this morning when I watched it.

However, my point that the big youtubers don't seem to be stating is about the content. The game will be very playable in May, especially with these additions however I'm worried about many people not getting excited about the activities on offer.

Raids are one key issue. People who find it uninviting and boring won't care about the rewards. The only activity I feel that has matched if not bettered D1 is Iron Banner. Faction Wars needs a complete overhaul, which it should be now because it's gone away for a longer term to get reworked.

The thing I find about the raids is they hit it out of the park with vog just the right mix of difficulty with experience, ceota was fun but then I feel they went to far and threw all these mad mechanics at it and ruined the experience for more casual players 8n order to make it more challenging for the YouTube teams etc and the fun aspect was replaced by frustration. I never did wrath and haven't done whatever this one is and to be fair I didn't care where as I wanted to run the others and to this day I would do those old ones again .

Nightfalls also used to be fun then they put a stupid timer on it, why?

37 minutes ago, techno said:

The thing I find about the raids is they hit it out of the park with vog just the right mix of difficulty with experience, ceota was fun but then I feel they went to far and threw all these mad mechanics at it and ruined the experience for more casual players 8n order to make it more challenging for the YouTube teams etc and the fun aspect was replaced by frustration. I never did wrath and haven't done whatever this one is and to be fair I didn't care where as I wanted to run the others and to this day I would do those old ones again .

Nightfalls also used to be fun then they put a stupid timer on it, why?

I hear you. Some have said the only way to get the core back is random rolls, weapon slots plus a new raid to drop a the same time.

This raid was fun but I personally think we didn't give it enough time because if I'm honest it was slightly harder than some D1 raids and we gave up too easily as a clan because we started to realise there wasn't much variety to do stuff inbetween raids.

Problem with the lair add ons are that they don't have the rewards to bring you back. Equally there's no mystery to them as we all know they'll be on the big planet eating ship.

They are making changes though, to the point of Nightfalls, as the timer has now gone, replaced with a challenge timer that you can ignore if you want to.

I want a really good Prison of Elders with progression levels and valuable loot to grind it all day long.

9 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Random rolls will bring back a massive desire to keep grinding loot, but they aren't mutually exclusive. To get said fabulous loot you need different things to do that sre interesting.

No it wont. Not unless they absolutely destroy the few guns anyone uses right now.  Or, god forbid, they decide to add random rolls to all the guns we already have.

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."