What dream car would you buy?

GazzaGarratt

If you had the chance to buy any car, what's that car that you dream of owning?

I have to 2 I'd choose. A Camaro because everyone wants a Bumblebee ;)

105387.jpg

And an Audi R8. They are super cool looking to me.

035.png

Hah, what *wouldn't* I buy!

'67 Pontiac GTO
Buick GNX

Ferrari 288 GTO

Toyota Supra Turbo R (MkIII - JZA70)

Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec II N1 (R32)

...And for something a bit more modern, a McLaren P1 (in that lovely black/purple colour)

1562265543_Starletlogsig.png.19b3c199efb193f2f7d11a161bf5a2d6.png

Porsche 959. In it''s day the fastest roadcar available. So few of them around and they cost about 300,000 euro's... Only ever seen one with my own eyes and that was in Austria 15+ years ago.

Jeep Trackhawk.

Zonda Cinque (get in line Richard, there are only 5 in existence!)

Dodge Demon.

5 hours ago, phil bottle said:

Mad Max car or any Mustang type with a V8.

I know fuck all about carsemoji16.png

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

You sir, also want a Dodge Demon. This is completely 100% stock, right out the box:

banlol.png

As a leaving present from my last job my mates got me a track day. Got to drive BMW Z4 , Porsche 911, Ferrari (428 I think ) , Missan GTR and a Lamborghini. Was awesome although fastest we went was when one of the pro drivers took us round the track in a Vauxhall VXR 

Awesome day,

Ive also had a day out in a Zonda although didn’t drive it ( probably just as well). That was amazing.

13 hours ago, Baabcat said:

As a leaving present from my last job my mates got me a track day. Got to drive BMW Z4 , Porsche 911, Ferrari (428 I think ) , Missan GTR and a Lamborghini. Was awesome although fastest we went was when one of the pro drivers took us round the track in a Vauxhall VXR 

Awesome day,

Ive also had a day out in a Zonda although didn’t drive it ( probably just as well). That was amazing.

That sounds like an epic day! I’d love to do something like that, might start dropping hints around the house, as well as leaflets and brouchers :lol:

Keeping it sort of realistic, A Mazda RX-7 FD.  An old car now but the design still looks new and having been a passenger in a modified one damn rapid too.  The 13B is a bit a problem though so maybe an Nissan Pulsar GTIR, not very well known but comes with an SR20 DET so plenty of bits for it.  Or a JZX100 Toyota Chaser with the jz-ge swapped out for jz-gte for a silly fast saloon fun.

Unrealistic: Any of the newer McLaren's.

Total fantasy: Jay Leno's garage.

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png

Actually, one of my mum exs back in the day drove a Lotus Elise. He took for a spin and blasted out Underworld - Born Slippy.

Amazing feeling. Although I do have a weird sensation that I'm that close to the road I would get squashed by a White Van.

IMG_959-large.jpg

Bump because the new Corvettes are mid-engine.  I was prepared to hate them as Euro-trashed versions of an American classic...but they look pretty nice.  (Nothing against Euro-trash, you understand, but I want American mullet inspired styling on American cars, Euro-trash on European cars)

I'm driving a 2011 Camaro SS/RS at the moment and intend to keep it until my son is through school.  Then look at a mid-engine 'Vette

17 hours ago, Docwagon said:

Bump because the new Corvettes are mid-engine.  I was prepared to hate them as Euro-trashed versions of an American classic...but they look pretty nice.  (Nothing against Euro-trash, you understand, but I want American mullet inspired styling on American cars, Euro-trash on European cars)

I'm driving a 2011 Camaro SS/RS at the moment and intend to keep it until my son is through school.  Then look at a mid-engine 'Vette

You go for that when you're already driving me dream car???! I don't know why but I forgot about the Dodge Viper that I used to love as well. The design has lost its edge in recent years but i hear the snake design is back this year.

2006-dodge-viper-srt10-co-8_1600x0w.jpg

6 hours ago, Docwagon said:

P1020007_zpsh0hrxxbt.jpgP1020011_zpsssj6gnyr.jpgP1020012_zpsjz2mbb3p.jpg

Doc?!! Seriously! Don't change that car, its legendary!

Then again, if you really want to, you could always try and ship it over here, you know, so it doesn't go to waste? 😍

8 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Then again, if you really want to, you could always try and ship it over here, you know, so it doesn't go to waste? 😍

It's definitely a lot of fun to drive and has a few modifications.  The suspension is a Peddar's adjustable that lowers it about 1.25" and the stiffness can be adjusted easily with knobs.  Well, the front is easy.  The rear requires crawling under the car.  You can set it to road, track, drag race, etc.   The newest 'Vettes you can do it from the driver's seat as they use a magnetic system.

The seats are Catskinz, which is real leather vs the synthetic/leather mix of the factory seats.

While not really a big deal to me, JR Hildebrand's autograph is in the glove box.  

1200px-J.R._Hildebrand_at_Fort_Meade.jpg
EN.WIKIPEDIA.ORG

I've been kicking around doing an intake, headers, and custom tune on it.  Maybe some 3.91 gears.  Not that it isn't already stupidly fast, but I want a bit more, you know?  Always a bit more...

On 9/1/2019 at 7:49 AM, GazzaGarratt said:

Though it's a nice car I'd be surprised if it worked over here other than a nice cruiser.

On 9/1/2019 at 2:49 AM, GazzaGarratt said:

IMG_4890-1.jpg
COLLECTINGCARS.COM

A high-performance American muscle car that has been cherished by Chris Harris. The winning bidder will get a personal handover, including...

There you are, one already imported.

12 hours ago, Docwagon said:

IMG_4890-1.jpg
COLLECTINGCARS.COM

A high-performance American muscle car that has been cherished by Chris Harris. The winning bidder will get a personal handover, including...

There you are, one already imported.

Your colour scheme far outweighs that 2015 version.

@techno Gaz, I don't mind cruisers though, I live in slow streets so it's more of a dream car for me just so I can feel good in it 😎

However, thinking about the speed of them, just looking at 3.91 gears Doc, and know I can see why you wanna change them...