Dying Light: Bad Blood

Dying Light: Bad Blood is a new standalone online title set in the universe of the 2015 game. The concept is simple: six players are dropped across a large, open map with the goal of harvesting and looting enough blood packets to trade in for a helicopter ride out of the infected zone. The catch? There's only room for one.

Game Informer Link

DZUmGPLVwAAeTdF.jpg

The primary way to obtain blood packets is by killing zombies. Nests are located all over the city, and since you're racing against other players to get to the chopper with enough blood, you want to make a beeline toward the high concentration areas. Unfortunately, when you're dropped in, it's with nothing but the clothes on your back. Thankfully, the looting and crafting aspects of the original game are fully intact; you're not going to get far without a competent weapon, and weapon mods definitely help.

Once you get enough blood, you level up, increasing your damage and health. To have enough to trade in for a helicopter evac, you need to max out to level five. It doesn't take long; each of my matches lasted ten minutes or less. After acquiring enough blood, you must make your way to the evac point and hold it for 30 seconds as the other players are notified of your near-victory state. This leads to tense battles that put most zombie swarms to shame as the remaining survivors descend upon the point for a winner-take-all slugfest that could see any of the players emerge victoriously.

This looks and sounds really cool. The original game was extremely well made which makes you hope they can pull off the PvP side of things. Sounds a little like The Division Dead Zone and where you have to loot blood instead of items and then get to the extraction point. Hoping the 6 player action can have some form of teaming up on it.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

I saw this the other day and thought; it's bascially Dying Light Battle Royale with 94 players missing. It being a standalone and costing money smells of a disappointing cash grab attempt. Dying Light was incredible but I can't see this doing too well especially in the long run. C'mon Techland; you can do better than this. 

12 hours ago, J4MES OX4D said:

I saw this the other day and thought; it's bascially Dying Light Battle Royale with 94 players missing. It being a standalone and costing money smells of a disappointing cash grab attempt. Dying Light was incredible but I can't see this doing too well especially in the long run. C'mon Techland; you can do better than this. 

Seems too early to judge imo. At least they are re-using some decent game mechanics for other reasons rather than not trying at all.

Providing it doesn't come out at full AAA price then it could be worth a stab.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb