Just fired it up

Diddums

The lovely Mr Bottle bought me this for my birthday and I just fired it up for the first time. I wandered around the space station thingy for a bit but holy hell does it run like dogshit on my PC. i5 2500k @ stock clocks, 8gb ram, R9 290 4gb. Turned every bell and whistle off, lowest graphics settings, the lot. Still a juddery stuttery mess. Am I missing something here? Do I need to increase the voltage on the flux capacitor?

A couple of things I did notice in my brief stint:

Why do we have oxygen levels on a bloody space station? Someone needs to kick the maintenance crew in the nuts, that's not acceptable.

My space suit thingy has little boosters on it. Naturally the first thing I did was run off the nearest landing pad I could find to see if I'd be lost in space for all eternity, only to find that I can safely fly myself back, albeit slowly.

Imma go update all my drivers and see if that helps. 

banlol.png

50 minutes ago, Diddums said:

The lovely Mr Bottle bought me this for my birthday and I just fired it up for the first time. I wandered around the space station thingy for a bit but holy hell does it run like dogshit on my PC. i5 2500k @ stock clocks, 8gb ram, R9 290 4gb. Turned every bell and whistle off, lowest graphics settings, the lot. Still a juddery stuttery mess. Am I missing something here? Do I need to increase the voltage on the flux capacitor?

A couple of things I did notice in my brief stint:

Why do we have oxygen levels on a bloody space station? Someone needs to kick the maintenance crew in the nuts, that's not acceptable.

My space suit thingy has little boosters on it. Naturally the first thing I did was run off the nearest landing pad I could find to see if I'd be lost in space for all eternity, only to find that I can safely fly myself back, albeit slowly.

Imma go update all my drivers and see if that helps. 

The first quarterly update is due in the next week, I believe they've been working on optimisation for different types of rigs. It's a standard set up for everyone at the moment so that might hurt you a little. Something the community has asked them to prioritise, funnily enough.

Did you actually call up for ship?

My advice is to play in Arena Commander for a bit, there's a tutorial there for flying. Worth it for the lifting off and landing bit, which I always found tricky at first.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

47 minutes ago, phil bottle said:

The first quarterly update is due in the next week, I believe they've been working on optimisation for different types of rigs. It's a standard set up for everyone at the moment so that might hurt you a little. Something the community has asked them to prioritise, funnily enough.

Did you actually call up for ship?

My advice is to play in Arena Commander for a bit, there's a tutorial there for flying. Worth it for the lifting off and landing bit, which I always found tricky at first.

29 minutes ago, Diddums said:

Let's be honest Phil. I'm going to spend 30 seconds in the tutorial and the next 6 weeks crashing ships in to everything and asking you for help.

Come on Phil, clearly when he said 

1 hour ago, Diddums said:

Am I missing something here?

everyone else translated that as 'Phil, come on and help me now'. Utter noob at translating @Diddums speak. :P

I just about manage to get an 'average' of 30 frames, and most of the community are getting about the same. 

The quarterly update is being tested in the PTU by players at the moment and I'm hearing good things. I'd expect it to hit on Saturday but let's see.

I'm always available, next you're on, or going on, gimme a shout and I'll join you. You are there for me if I need and that's goes vice versa innit.

I've added both Diddums and Lee as contacts in-game, so let's get on and see how we go:1311_thumbsup_tone2:

The pain in the arse about crashing your ship, is that although insurance is in game, you have to wait around a bit for a new one. Bureaucracy space age style :lol:

jeffersonclasswar.jpg