PC gamers - thoughts please

So, I thought it might be an idea to discuss a regular spot to add to the calendar for us all to meet up and game.

Not everyone will be able to make it every week but it would be good to have a regular night ingrained into our collective consciousness.

It will be tricky for some of the guys in the states for midweek but even if there's a mostly UK midweek meet up I'm happy to play at the  weekend too.

I'd like to get a gist of what people can and can't do, plus the games they have at their disposal. I'll provide mine below. We have a few more of us now able to play on PC and it'd be great if we can get something started.

If there's enough interest and (heaven forbid) a clash of choice of games, we can even put game selections on rotation, or work it out in a manner acceptable to all.

Phil's availability.

Mon-Friday:     9pm UK time to 1am UK time. Thursdays are best but any day is usually fine for me if I give Mina advance notice.

Weekend:        I'm available anytime and into the small hours so let's say 1pm UK time to 4am UK time.

Games I could play, in no particular order:

DayZ (once the impending update hits)

Arma 3

PUBG

Overwatch

7 Days to Die (once the new patch hits though I can be tempted before patch too)

Star Citizen (not until at least Diddums and Lee are ready to go, otherwise it's just me I think)

The Division

Rainbow 6

Sea of Thieves, Black Flag was better,

Mincecraft

Escape From Tarkov

League of Legends

Battlefield 4 or 1 or even 3 lol

XCom 1 or 2

I have more I could list so don't be shy if I haven't mentioned a game you'd like to play.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

1 minute ago, phil bottle said:

So, I thought it might be an idea to discuss a regular spot to add to the calendar for us all to meet up and game.

Not everyone will be able to make it every week but it would be good to have a regular night ingrained into our collective consciousness.

It will be tricky for some of the guys in the states for midweek but even if there's a mostly UK midweek meet up I'm happy to play at the  weekend too.

I'd like to get a gist of what people can and can't do, plus the games they have at their disposal. I'll provide mine below. We have a few more of us now able to play on PC and it'd be great if we can get something started.

If there's enough interest and (heaven forbid) a clash of choice of games, we can even put game selections on rotation, or work it out in a manner acceptable to all.

Phil's availability.

Mon-Friday:     9pm UK time to 1am UK time. Thursdays are best but any day is usually fine for me if I give Mina advance notice.

Weekend:        I'm available anytime and into the small hours so let's say 1pm UK time to 4am UK time.

Games I could play, in no particular order:

DayZ (once the impending update hits)

Arma 3

PUBG

Overwatch

7 Days to Die (once the new patch hits though I can be tempted before patch too)

Star Citizen (not until at least Diddums and Lee are ready to go, otherwise it's just me I think)

The Division

Rainbow 6

Sea of Thieves, Black Flag was better,, Black Flag was better,

Mincecraft

Escape From Tarkov

League of Legends

Battlefield 4 or 1 or even 3 lol

XCom 1 or 2

I have more I could list so don't be shy if I haven't mentioned a game you'd like to play.

The addition to See of Theeves is most lol worthy

And as I'm on the subject, I still think Skull and Bones when it comes out will be a superior game for us to play. I just like C of feeves a lot personally ;)

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

General availability is 8:00AM to 4:00PM CST. 

1. Rainbow Six: Siege
  2. Overwatch
  3. The Division
  • Fortnite
  • PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS
  • Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
  • Dota 2
  • PAYDAY 2
  • League of Legends
  • Rocket League
  • Starcraft 2
  • Diablo 3
  • Hearthstone
  • Black Desert Online
  • Arma 3

... then there are hundreds of games I have on Steam that I haven't played in a long time, or don't play so just ask and I can install it. 

i7 7700k, 16GB RAM, GEFORCE 1080, 240GB SSHD, 2TB SSD

1 hour ago, J4MES OX4D said:

My availability is horrendous but I hope to join in at some stage as I don't get much of a chance to game with people these days due to work/life commitments. I just spent a fortune on a new PC so I need to get some use out of itB)

You need to tell us about your PC James:)

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

10 minutes ago, phil bottle said:

You need to tell us about your PC James:)

It's black and has lights on itB)

My old PC packed itself in where only a complete reformat and re-installation of everything would fix it and I couldn't be arsed with that shit so I decided to get another one instead. Was gonna build my own over a week but with the prices of graphics cards and as I simply  could not be arsed; I just grabbed this instead https://www.chillblast.com/chillblast-fusion-gtx-1070-custom-gaming-pc-3.html

That'll do me for the next six years I reckon. Takes 11 seconds to boot, nice and quiet plus a good warranty included. I even get 120fps playing PUBG in ultra which is almost too good to be true:lol:

1 minute ago, J4MES OX4D said:

That's a decent PC you have on your hands there :D

It's the worst time in living memory right now for self building, though I see some of those 1080ti cards slowly starting to drop in price. I'm going to hang back a bit before I upgrade.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Just now, phil bottle said:

That's a decent PC you have on your hands there :D

It's the worst time in living memory right now for self building, though I see some of those 1080ti cards slowly starting to drop in price. I'm going to hang back a bit before I upgrade.

Yeah, I was still happy with my 770 and probably would've got another 18 months out of it had the PC not broke. I actually didn't think there would be any affordable builds available with the GPU price scaling but luckily there was still some good prices that weren't deliberately bumped up. 

Yeah, I was still happy with my 770 and probably would've got another 18 months out of it had the PC not broke. I actually didn't think there would be any affordable builds available with the GPU price scaling but luckily there was still some good prices that weren't deliberately bumped up. 

Good build. The i5 and 1070 combo is solid.

3 hours ago, J4MES OX4D said:

My old PC packed itself in where only a complete reformat and re-installation of everything would fix it and I couldn't be arsed with that shit so I decided to get another one instead. Was gonna build my own over a week but with the prices of graphics cards and as I simply  could not be arsed; I just grabbed this instead https://www.chillblast.com/chillblast-fusion-gtx-1070-custom-gaming-pc-3.html

That'll do me for the next six years I reckon. Takes 11 seconds to boot, nice and quiet plus a good warranty included. I even get 120fps playing PUBG in ultra which is almost too good to be true:lol:

Nice James...do you think it’ll be able to run Minecraft? ;)

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

It sounds like a good idea getting PC guys together :)  I only have 7 days, Minecraft and Stellaris but could branch out to other games.  My not so great PC spec rules me out of some games but there is always the itch for an upgrade or 2 ;)

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png

1 hour ago, phil bottle said:

@Sennex

@crispymorgan

@BO7H B4RRELS

@tronic44

And anyone else who has access to laptop or PC.

Thoughts, games, availability please👍

Sad that you forgot about me Phil ;) but here’s a few to stretch those badass gaming rigs that some of you have....

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos_games?&sort=-downloads&page=2

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

I have no thoughts really on this. My gaming rig is boxed up and I am not on a laptop until we move.

I am able to play Minecraft, and a shit ton of older games. I don't enjoy dealing with WINE on linux or I would be gaming more. 

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

My availability is very random, I’d defitniely be better at working around everyone else.

Im down to play anything really and am

always up for the purchasing of new

games. My main games would be.....

7 days to die

dayz

arma3

garrys mod

rocket league

cs:go

L4D2

Pay day 2

team fortress

Ok, so instead of letting this slip, like I have in the past, I'll get the ball rolling. It's a ping pong ball right now but I'm sure we can turn it into a medicine ball. Good medicine bad medicine, who gives a fuck.

I'll make Thursday evenings a regular PC playing night in the calendar.

Essentially, I'll make myself available on Thursdays and will play the game most would like to play. If anyone can be arsed that is.

Selection from posts above can include:

PUBG

Fortnite

Overwatch 

Rainbow 6

7 Days

Team Fortress 2

L4Dead 2

LoL

If it's just a few of us and we have the relevant games, we can add them e.g for me, Star Citizen, DayZ, Arms 3, Tarkov etc

I'll get on the calendar this afternoon.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

14 minutes ago, phil bottle said:

Ok, so instead of letting this slip, like I have in the past, I'll get the ball rolling. It's a ping pong ball right now but I'm sure we can turn it into a medicine ball. Good medicine bad medicine, who gives a fuck.

I'll make Thursday evenings a regular PC playing night in the calendar.

Essentially, I'll make myself available on Thursdays and will play the game most would like to play. If anyone can be arsed that is.

Selection from posts above can include:

PUBG

Fortnite

Overwatch 

Rainbow 6

7 Days

Team Fortress 2

L4Dead 2

LoL

If it's just a few of us and we have the relevant games, we can add them e.g for me, Star Citizen, DayZ, Arms 3, Tarkov etc

I'll get on the calendar this afternoon.

Sounds good.

56 minutes ago, Rumelylady said:

Hey! L4D2 is a game I actually have!

Yay! What other games do you have then Sarah and when do you usually get on?