F1 2018

GazzaGarratt

First race of the season at Melbourne today was a pretty decent one, finally seeing some competition between different teams.

Appreciate a mistake gave Vettel the lead and ultimately the win but to see the Ferrari match Mercedes for pace is enjoyable, even if I don't follow Ferrari.

Alonso pulled it out the bag once again to take 5th. Really good to see McLaren back up the field. They seem to have made the right move going to a Renault engine from Honda.

It is good to have F1 back :D It is hard to judge from one race but it seems Mercedes still have the edge over the others.  Ferrari looked strong too, especially race pace though it is hard to say how much Hamilton was cruising once out front.  Red Bull, I think they are there at the front but it was far from a great weekend for them.

McLaren looked good too though Alonso’s 5th was slightly flattered by both Haas retiring.  Up until that point though Haas were the bug surprise to me.  They looked good in testing but appear to be the best of the rest at the moment.  Their performance has been up and down in the past so we’ll see over the next couple races.

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png

Anyone see the Chinese GP?

Great race. Last 15/20 laps were brilliant to watch. Watching the Red Bulls stack their pit stops and see Ricciardo sweep through the top order was superb. Shows this sport can still have great races with other teams breaking the top performing cars.

Verstappen seriously needs to get his head in order. He does remind me of Hamilton's early years though.

It was a great ending to the race, though while I appreciate the front is what people focus on I do wish they would focus on the midfield more as you see changes in position on the position graphic but you don't ever see the overtake live or a replay.  It seems Red Bull have continued where they have been the last few years, close enough to the front to capitalise when something like a SC happens but not quite fast enough in pure pace. 

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png