MW2 Remastered Rumours

J4MES OX4D

I see a load of 'MW2 Remastered releasing next month!' rumours are doing the rounds out of nowhere and at first I happily dismissed them as total BS but things like this don't circulate without some foundation and it seems the possibility of it happening is growing although this is still incredibly unrealistic. Either this is just pure nonsense where even the seasoned COD cakesockers have fallen for it or it could be a very sensible time to release the game out of nowhere. 

Why it could happen:-

- WW2 isn't pretty dead right now plus Condrey and Schofield have left Sledgehammer. With only premade content and pre-planned events left and the population woefully small; there isn't much going for the franchise until BO4. 

- COD suffers greatly over the spring/summer after peaking at release and is usually in decline come spring. A surprise release could cause global carnage and bring people back.

- Fornite is dominating mainstream gaming and the COD target audience where even the Activision sausage riders are playing and streaming that rather than COD. 

- Classic COD's like Black Ops 1 have been hugely popular in recent months, getting over 100,000 daily. If people are playing those and not the current COD...

Why it probably wont happen:-

- Supposedly the game releases in 5 weeks and we've heard nothing official from a marketing-dominated franchise and publisher.

- MW2 10th year anniversary is next year along with the new IW's next game. It would be fitting to have it then unless Activision are in panic mode and IW's next game is lining up to be decent for a change.

- The development timescale doesn't fit unless the intended release was Spring 2018 all along from when the game was first commissioned. There's a year and a half difference between now and the expected 2019 release. 

I personally can't see it happening and I think this rumour may have been pounced on people for easy clickbait because there are no consequences of pushing fake news like this on YouTube.  I wouldn't mind a fresh COD game this time of the year though even if it is a remaster but after the terrible original MWR; I'd be worried that this absolute classic would be forever tarnished by Raven and Supply Drops.  

Well... If this does happen, would anyone like to equip the good old ACR w/RDS and stopping power with me and fuck some shit up on Estate? ;)

If it doesn't happen, anyone wanna go back to the good old PS'3 for an evening and play MW2, BO1 or MW3? :P

More new rumours today suggest that the game isn't being made by Raven, will cost $25 and is single player only!?

https://charlieintel.com/2018/03/21/sources-call-of-duty-modern-warfare-2-remastered-has-no-mp-not-developed-by-raven/

This is too bizarre to be true unless they plan to release the single player now and then finish the MP for release next year. This is so ludicrous I honestly believe it will happen as not even the biggest bullshitters in the industry could make this level of shit up. 

5 hours ago, ChaosGladiator said:

Well... If this does happen, would anyone like to equip the good old ACR w/RDS and stopping power with me and fuck some shit up on Estate? ;)

If it doesn't happen, anyone wanna go back to the good old PS'3 for an evening and play MW2, BO1 or MW3? :P

Estate sucked balls! 

Quarry and Pave Low's and Chopper Gunner ferr dayz 😂

Trailer park! God what a clusterfuck of a map. Still loved it though xD

Estate was decent Brede, if you played it right. Same with Afghan. I also loved Derailed, only MW2 map I managed to call in a nuke with using the good old Intervention. What a great fucking gun. Also, Akimbo Raffica's for life!

17 hours ago, J4MES OX4D said:

More new rumours today suggest that the game isn't being made by Raven, will cost $25 and is single player only!?

https://charlieintel.com/2018/03/21/sources-call-of-duty-modern-warfare-2-remastered-has-no-mp-not-developed-by-raven/

This is too bizarre to be true unless they plan to release the single player now and then finish the MP for release next year. This is so ludicrous I honestly believe it will happen as not even the biggest bullshitters in the industry could make this level of shit up. 

Its quicker to make just the single player mode upscaled and available in a short time period so the reports are nearer the truth imo.

They then don't have to spend time on their operations to support the servers online - maybe its not cost effective after they remastered MW1.

Agree that it's a shitter to hear though - whilst the campaigns back then were all i played and they were pretty decent storylines too, I was starting to look forward to trying out MP with a few of you.

I have seen this now. If they do include MP then I hope to god they release the patch that fixes all the broken and OP shit in the game. They most likely won't as the "community" will moan that you don't change things in a remaster, whilst somehow failing to understand that Activision including Supply Drops means it isn't a proper remaster.

mw2.jpg

fart.gif

1 hour ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Its quicker to make just the single player mode upscaled and available in a short time period so the reports are nearer the truth imo.

They then don't have to spend time on their operations to support the servers online - maybe its not cost effective after they remastered MW1.

If the rumours are to be believed, I think they'll release the campaign first for £20/$25 and next year when the game is finished, they'll offer an 10 year anniversary MP upgrade for another £20/$25 on top. I can't see the most iconic MP game of all time having its main portion neglected. COD is getting trampled on from all angles right now where even mobile games are more popular so they've probably brought the release forward by 18 months in a bit to stay relevant and also get paid off twice in the long run. Even with upkeep costs, they money they can make on supply drops easily outweighs any costs and their spare dedicated server structure can host remastered matches to fill slots of people not playing games that run on the same infrastructure. I think most of MW:R's matches were played on disused Advanced Warfare listen servers. 

Should be very interesting to see what happens though and everyone is pretty much in the dark and dumbfounded! 

This is pointless other than as a cash grab. Lots of younger players will never have played MW2, a whole generation to introduce to old school COD. Thinking like that I understand it a lot better.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

On 23/03/2018 at 12:51 PM, phil bottle said:

This is pointless other than as a cash grab. Lots of younger players will never have played MW2, please let this franchise die already,, a whole generation to introduce to old school COD. Thinking like that I understand it a lot better.

It sort of makes sense to do it though. More money in the bank for them and if they do the MP at some point then you may have at least some reminiscing games on it.

It sort of makes sense to do it though. More money in the bank for them and if they do the MP at some point then you may have at least some reminiscing games on it.
Oh yeah it make a total sense, they'll still flog that horse when it's six feet under[emoji847]

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

22 hours ago, Dan94 said:

MW2, please let this franchise die already,, please let this franchise die already, without multiplayer is fucking pointless.

Hopefully no one buys it and it stings them in the arse

I don't think it will be long for the MP to be available you know. The demand is there whether we like it or not.

P.s. nice to see you pop back Dan ;)

59 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:

I don't think it will be long for the MP to be available you know. The demand is there whether we like it or not.

P.s. nice to see you pop back Dan ;)

Cheers mate.

Who edited my post btw? :lol:

4 minutes ago, Dan94 said:

Cheers mate.

Who edited my post btw? :lol:

No worries :)

Oh, big LOLZ. There are are a few filtered words that @Sennex stuck in the matrix....looks like you came across one!

15 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:

No worries :)

Oh, big LOLZ. There are are a few filtered words that @Sennex stuck in the matrix....looks like you came across one!

Haha must be MW2, please let this franchise die already,, please let this franchise die already,, please let this franchise die already,, please let this franchise die already,? :lol:

Yep Its M W 2