Athcheats

J4MES OX4D

Prick http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cycling/43280081

This guy is a bit of an icon in the UK but I always knew him, a wide range of global cyclists and many athletes in general are just a bunch of cheats who bend the rules if they can't be broken outright and that their spots hold no value or credibility even at the highest competitive level. After the Lance Armstrong saga, I though this sport would have tightened its belts along with all sports in general particularly after the 90's and more recently Russia. 

The most twisted irony here is that after everyone declared that Russia were scum of the earth cheaters in sport; they took revenge by hacking into confidential medical data which exposed a whole host of athletes and sportsmen and women all over the world - even from nations who condemned cheating pointing the finger exclusively at the Russian, who were then left red-faced with their pants down when their own competitors were exposed. 

Seems the tactic now is if you can't get away with blatant cheating due to needing to piss in a cup every half hour; the next best thing is to pretend you have something like asthma leading up to a race so you can use permitted medication even if you are feigning a condition that supposed to boost your performance to compensate for the supposed illness. This is why I cannot take athletics or most sports seriously because of all the shady shit behind the scenes. 

The likes of 'legend' Mo Farah may be able to plead dumbfounded ignorance on what he was being plied with by his crooked coach over the years but it's nice to see Wiggins and co get it right in the arse for their dodgy conduct that brings sports into further disrepute where even more regulation is needed.  

I just don't know about this tbh. I'm not saying it's not factual but I suspect that investigation cost a shit load of money and they needed to make a big story with it.

I'm not trying to be hoodwinked just because they are British but it has come out of the complete blue and the facts aren't as straightforward once you read it.

Man I’ve watch d the TdF for years and so want all this to be false, Wiggins and Froome (not mentioned but currently under investigation) are my sporting heroes but it’s all starting to smell wrong. I don’t know an awful lot about asthma but suspect long distance cycling is not the most natural bed fellow for it. 

If if it’s true it’s a massive blow for cycling. Only way back is no TUE at all

2 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

I just don't know about this tbh. I'm not saying it's not factual but I suspect that investigation cost a shit load of money and they needed to make a big story with it.

I'm not trying to be hoodwinked just because they are British but it has come out of the complete blue and the facts aren't as straightforward once you read it.

It's pretty watertight especially as Brailsford dug their own grave with his own personal testimony in front of the parliamentary committee on their internal practices. Mystery medical packages, misuse of prescription medication and failure to record medical records just stinks and that's just the basics of the report. The report started back in 2016 but the focus goes all the way to 2011 and a number of riders over the years have been implicated and that's by their own evidence given when questioned. It's also baffling that 95% of riders for Sky suffer from some kind of seasonal asthma just before competitions. Wiggins alone was treated with powerful medication  9 times in and around 4 competitions which was deemed suspiciously excessive as the medication is supposed to be used no more than once a year. None of these were logged either which is a basic compliance requirement. 

I was initially shocked when they were first under investigation but I'm actually pretty disgusted and that was long before the report was even published. Now the report is out; it's just a ridiculous kick in the teeth to cycling and the people that fund the sport which is one of only a few this country is good at. 

This isn't news.  Brailsford was always looking for an angle, not just on TUE's but on every single aspect of cycling.  Everyone knew he did it.  I guess Hamza would be the guy to ask if it's a dick move or not.......

20 hours ago, crispymorgan said:

I shall also buy a monkeybike......

New Hope For One-Armed Jugglers As Asthmatics Turn Out To Be Worlds Best Cyclists

2017-12-17

News that Tour De France winning cyclist, Chris Froome, inadvertently over-dosed on asthma medication during a race earlier this year, threw light on an interesting conundrum – why are so many of the worlds best cyclists asthma sufferers? Some  genuine research for a change, reveals that Olympic level cyclists seem to be twice as likely as an average person to be using asthma medication, and those that do are 50% more likely to be medalists than their non-asthmatic competitors.

So the best performers in a sport which depends on the efficient use of oxygen, are apparently competitors who have a medical condition which restricts their bodies ability to use oxygen efficiently.

Why is this? Despite a great deal of cogitation, the Bugle team have been unable to come up with a plausible answer which wouldn’t get them sued, or at least abused by strange men in Lycra. But it must give hope to one armed jugglers, pot bellied jockeys and darts players with Parkinson’s disease everywhere.

The Bugle understands that news of the link between asthma and cycling prowess has inspired David Blunkett to try out for the British clay pigeon shooting team.

20 hours ago, crispymorgan said:

I shall also buy a monkeybike......

In powerlifting, the running meme is that even though its drug tested, when someone breaks a record in spectacular fashion and their piss comes back negative, its "undetected" rather than 100% drug free.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Ri855cK.gif

Chookes said:

I absoloutely prefer it this way. You have overall more control. You can finish one guy off first, or all ten