Snow!

GazzaGarratt

We have snow again! And you know what that means....Chaos! Traffic! School Closures!

Is it just me but in the UK this is getting a bit silly now. It wasn't even that much where I lived today yet it's all over the news.

I'm sure American snow and what they do put the UK to shame too.

Do we actually have to put something into government about snow defences in the future to stop people whining or struggling with it?

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

7 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

We have snow again! And you know what that means....Chaos! Traffic! School Closures!

Is it just me but in the UK this is getting a bit silly now. It wasn't even that much where I lived today yet it's all over the news.

I'm sure American snow and what they do put the UK to shame too.

Do we actually have to put something into government about snow defences in the future to stop people whining or struggling with it?

It’s a balance though Lee...USA and Canada have shed loadsa snow so they have the kit to deal with it. We have a little bit for a few days so it doesn’t warrant buying fleets of snow ploughs. I believe I’m right in saying the Canadians pay the farmers to clear the snow with snow ploughs on the front of their tractors...might be worth thinking about in rural areas over here?

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

London's had a couple of days of snow in the end.

I don't mind snow it's just this bitter wind that's annoying.

With schools closed and a lot of people from work living outside London the office has been half empty.

So I'm taking Friday off[emoji4]

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Dax's school is closed, Yara's is open. It's really frustrating if you haven't got the childcare. I appreciate many parts of England have had way more snow and its justified. Plus I know how much I was a kid and loved a 'snow day' but here, that's not even really any snow so he can't enjoy it anyway.

There needs to be better consistent answers when you close schools due to the severe impact it can have on many families.

What annoys us is that you get the scenario where the kids are off because the school is closed so mum drags them into town and moans when the shops are on skeleton staff levels because the staff can't all get in.....it's why your bloody kids are off school, dummy!!! :rolleyes:

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

10 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Dax's school is closed, Yara's is open. It's really frustrating if you haven't got the childcare. I appreciate many parts of England have had way more snow and its justified. Plus I know how much I was a kid and loved a 'snow day' but here, that's not even really any snow so he can't enjoy it anyway.

There needs to be better consistent answers when you close schools due to the severe impact it can have on many families.

The way some of the schools behave in these situations is nothing short of a disgrace, im so glad I never had to deal with it.

Sainsburys ain't delivering and I can't get to my corner shop 200 yards away for safety and lazy reasons. It's probably not wise to dial 999 to try and get an emergency Pot Noodle but I am really running out of options and milk here. It's bad enough that my football accumulator is botched due to postponements and my bin lid has gone missing. 

Sainsburys ain't delivering and I can't get to my corner shop 200 yards away for safety and lazy reasons. It's probably not wise to dial 999 to try and get an emergency Pot Noodle but I am really running out of options and milk here. It's bad enough that my football accumulator is botched due to postponements and my bin lid has gone missing. 
One of my neighbours is getting McDonald's delivered to him by bicycle on a daily basis.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

1 hour ago, phil bottle said:

One of my neighbours is getting McDonald's delivered to him by bicycle on a daily basis.

Whilst I lol'd at this a lot, it did make me think how soon will it be when this will be the norm and we won't bat an eye lid.

There seems to be quite a few issues with leakages etc It seems to be one of them, don’t use too much water because of all the water kinda situations.

How much warmer is it today though, it feels like summer compared to last week.