Burnout Paradise

EA has formally announced that Burnout Paradise is coming to PS4 and Xbox One this March. An enhanced version of developer Criterion Games’ classic open-world racing game will launch on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One on March 16 for $39.99.

The remastered version of the game will support 4k resolution on PS4 Pro and Xbox One X consoles, and will run at 60FPS on all platforms too.

Burnout Paradise Remastered will include almost all previously released downloadable content for the game and have clarified that there will be no microtransactions in the game, either.

This is great news. The Burnout Series was amazing and trying to time that perfect ultimate crash was all worth it.

38 minutes ago, The3rdWalker said:

Buy the car pack for just 12.99 a car! Buy stickers which add 0.5 to your speed for just 1.99! Game comes with one car, the rest can be purchase through loot boxes! /s

It better fucking not....

49 minutes ago, J4MES OX4D said:

Nice cash grab EA. I loved this game 10 years ago and may just get it in the Steam Sale for a pittance instead of this 'remaster' which should be named Burnout Paradise Reshaded:lol:

Yeah, I don't think it's worth a full price remaster like Crash Bandicoot that is still holsing it's value at £29.99 - that is for 3 full games though compared to this.

A big factor could be it's online Multiplayer options. Anything to rival GTA races for pure out banter and fun could be worth a dip.

4 hours ago, J4MES OX4D said:

Mostly what I expected. I'm going to struggle to pay full price for this. However, when I get chance later I want to find out more info on the MP still. That for me will dictate the value of this game. 

4 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

I didn't expect the demand to be that high tbh.

Could just be that it's a quiet time of the week though - games have got into the top 10 before not even selling 1,000 units in the UK and looking at the other releases in this period, there isn't much competition. Even MGS Survive went in at number 6 with sales down 85% on MGS Rising. Still it's nice and encouraging to see people buying Burnout and hopefully the game will maintain a strong population even at such a high price. 

So, good news about mulitplayer. Up to seven other players take part in the online mode (which is named Freeburn Online), during play you can takedown opponents, take part in challenges (such as races etc) and also compete for the best times and most takedowns etc, each time you take down an opponent you are then greeted with their mugshot, which is great as you can see the frustration on their face at the moment you took them out.