PS4 HDMI port

Sennex

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

21 hours ago, Sennex said:

Any of you all ever taken apart a PS4 and replaced the HDMI port?

Sorry, me neither. Videos seem abit annoying to do it yourself.

How much wouldit be to send to Sony? Is it completely broken or just intermittent?

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

58 minutes ago, Sennex said:

Intermittent right now. 

I know you've probably found and done way better research than me but found this on IGN that could be useful depending on what it looks like:

1. In less extreme instances, the communication between the television/HDMI cable and the console fails to interpret the PlayStation's output signal and reconcile it with the television's native output capacity. Normally, the PlayStation auto detects the display device output and adjust accordingly. When this process fails, no visible output appears on the television. By replacing the HDMI cable or the television, a user may be able to access the PlayStation 4's Sound and Screenmenu and manually set the Video output Settings to a configuration compatible with their preferred display device.

2. IGN recently reported another solution for some HDMI issues. According to Chris Pereria, "As it turns out, a piece of metal in the HDMI port that should have been flush with the bottom of the port was sticking up. This prevented the HDMI cord from being plugged in all the way and damaged each of the cords (in identical fashion) that had been plugged in. The solution was to, simply enough, press the piece of metal down so that it was no longer in the way. With that done, the system now works as it should."

3. In more extreme cases, it appears a hardware failure is occurring within the PS4 which renders it completely nonfunctional. This appears to correspond with a pulsing blue light. No fix is known for this issue at this time. This is excpected by Sony to only occur less than 1% of the time at launch. Your best bet is to send it back to Sony to be fixed or get a refund at your retailer.

Here's hoping you don't get that blue light.

None of those are the case here. I know who caused this break to build over time, but I can't hold that person responsible to be honest.

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

2 minutes ago, Sennex said:

None of those are the case here. I know who caused this break to build over time, but I can't hold that person responsible to be honest.

Ah, okay mate. Shit one.