Destiny 2 Road Map Updates

GazzaGarratt

1 hour ago, NCA-Paendrag said:

Heroic Strike modifiers, then what's the difference from Nightfall? 

Just the difficulty level really but there should be different modifiers that change on each strike.

19 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Updated Roadmap up to September.

D2_Development_Roadmap_4_10_3.jpg

I'll come back and write up some stuff later.

Some good confirmations mentioned on this though. Finally.

Via the FG App

So based on the new roadmap I think overall we have some really good amd wanted changes.

It's a shame we have to wait for some more defining changes 1 year after release though.

That being said, May looks on track to be quite a full change and reasons to play PvP alongside the new DLC.

Not sure when Summer update will drop (June hopefully) however Bounties are what a few people asked for (@techno @Baabcat) and we desperately need a better new free event than the Dawning. Equally Faction Rallies need a better purpose to work towards a goal that is worthwhile.

September will now be the new 'Big' key date but I think the May one will be an indicator if its worth playing this year again.

I wish Records could be brought forward though. So many reasons to grind then.

2 hours ago, techno said:

I think quite a few are looking forward to the may update to see if it's worth returning regularly, however there is going to be added competition around September and the end of the year which could kill it once and for all.

Very true about competition with it being September however I'm not quite sure what is actually in it's sector to compete with it other than Anthem. That's why I think it's kept its base players on the sidelines interested in its progress.

One really good move with May as well is that all PvP maps with Warmind is available to all players and not locked behind a paywall.

That means no separate playlists, bigger pools for matchmaking and not confirmed but one step closer to specific gamemode playlists e.g. control only.

49 minutes ago, NCA-Paendrag said:

I really don't care much for pvp as it's more hit and miss than COD. 

Seems way unbalanced to me.

I don't even do crucible milestones anymore. 

PvP is built to fill the void between gaps of new content for PvE. I've always enjoyed PvP on Destiny, you have to appreciate that its made for supers and I don't believe hit register is off as much as some old CoDs you guys talk about.

The idea of a rank has made Overwatch fundamentally a game that has lasted 3 years. Without that competitive rank system it would've died ages ago so it is a good move for the long term.

For supers? Takes ages to fill up the meter. If I understand you correctly about supers though. 

When I use the same gun as the guys that kill me but they kill me twice as fast, at least, almost every game then something is wrong. 

So sometimes way worse than old cods. 

Always said PvP in destiny was kind of broken but once you realise it and just play it for fun take the hits with the misses then it (control) was pretty enjoyable.

Now wether 4v4 or lack of gamemodes or how weapons categories or any number of other things D2 PvP sucks

13 hours ago, NCA-Paendrag said:

For supers? Takes ages to fill up the meter. If I understand you correctly about supers though. 

When I use the same gun as the guys that kill me but they kill me twice as fast, at least, almost every game then something is wrong. 

So sometimes way worse than old cods. 

All depends on how you're using the gun for body/head shots. You're hitting them though, right? ;)

Personally I think that's just related to what guns you're suited too. Hand Cannons have had a significant buff but I know I'll struggle with them massively as I like to spray and play.

12 hours ago, techno said:

Always said PvP in destiny was kind of broken but once you realise it and just play it for fun take the hits with the misses then it (control) was pretty enjoyable.

Now wether 4v4 or lack of gamemodes or how weapons categories or any number of other things D2 PvP sucks

That's why I'd like to try Iron Banner next week 6v6. Being honest, I think it will be better than it has been however until the Weapon Slot changes come in September people may feel its restricted because the lack of variety in the Heavy slot.

On 14/04/2018 at 12:04 PM, NCA-Paendrag said:

No I just fire randomly. Isn't the bullets heatseeking?? 

No, that was Gjallarhorn from Destiny 1 buddy ;)

I didn't expect another update, albeit a small one in a few weeks. Really interested to know more about how they've had to change Faction Rally.

Equally, Crucible Labs sound intriguing. Especially as it sounds like a PvP test arena. Something that many saud would never come to Destiny.

Great to see a new event between now and September too.

Apparently September is where it all changes and really matters. 

Yep, it really is. And that's why it's nice and refreshing to feel like we have bonus content patches along the way.

Via the FG App

A bit of info came out last week for Crucible and Prestige Raids.

Essentially, we're on course for the permanent Quickplay option becoming 6v6 always. Supremacy being removed altogether. Minor changes to rounds and scores for some game modes.

Prestige raid lairs will be dropped on the day of the update (17th July) and both at the same time. Ultimate harcore world first teams are abit annoyed but to be frank completely the right call as this is about replayability.

Encounters won't change like Levaithan Prestige. It is all about Curated Loadouts where each week there will be a specific archetype to choose e.g. SMG - Sidearm - Rocket Launcher. You can change specific guns at anytime providing that they match the archetype Loadout.

Every encounter will drop a Power Weapon that is available upto 400. Also, every raid gun available can now drop from any encounter in the lairs.

The Prestige Leviathan will remain untouched.

All in all, a neat little incentive to chase ahead of Solstice of Heroes and Forsaken. Great that now Raid Lairs will drop all raid guns. I think this will further cement why Raid Lairs are the right way to go about extending raid content.

1 hour ago, Baabcat said:

What always makes in smile in the Bungie roadmap is the intent to enable multiple shader deletion in September. That must be a hell of a lot harder than it sounds 😀.Forum has been screaming for this since end of week 1

They should take massive learns from how they fixed it. Not the solution but more into the root cause of the technical reasons why it took so long. They need to build in a far better way in the infrastructure of the game so it's easier to make changes.

God I hope we're not talking about another simplistic fix for 4 years!

September will also bring back Strikes to the Director and the entire director/milestones UI is being reworked. This is one of the most QoL updates I'm looking forward to the most.

I hate that we didn't have a Quest tab and it wasn't clear what exciting things we had to grind. Now we'll have Triumphs and Collectibles tabs alongside similar displays we had in D1 where there are relevant nodes at the bottom of the screen relating to challenges.

Also, you'll have a daily mission again (finally) and lots of other milestones we currently have will reset EVERY 4 DAYS. I think they can see that a large percentage of the population finish their milestones on reset day currently.