Destiny 2 Road Map Updates

GazzaGarratt

Honestly, I totally get that most of this should've been in the game from the start and that's a view I 100% agree with. But it ain't going to change where the game is right now, so rather than keep focusing on what we should be getting i'm trying to look at these updates on their own and make an opinion on whether or not its a worthwhile game to play without comparison.

January (recently just received)

My view so far is that whilst it isn't gamebreaking, it really has added some depth to the regular events, especially Iron Banner. The Armour Masterworks is something that most people were wanting and is as close to the 'God Roll' solution as you will find now that you can re-roll stats of each armour. The Raid perks from what I've read so far are extremely advantageous in the raid now and a great addition to help teams get through it but also to re-think their gameplay as some stats are linked to which gunslot you use regularly. They could've added perks to benefit other activities (i've banged on about this since people wanted raid perks) as then you could see more use in them. A really good and solid improvement (for a change).

February

This feels like not much of an update to the actual in-game enhancements as most of the updates are from the web development team working with the companion app. I can't knock those changes and the only reason why these are coming and are the main focus is because the updates are done by a different development team. You can see they've added some unique loot to Nightfall, which is great - it needs to be all strike specific loot imo. I think as February looks less full of game updates, they added it in with that asterisk because they probably predicted some backlash about how Feb would be received.

March

6v6 Iron Banner. This makes me really happy. One of the key parts we all missed from D1. Here's hoping they extend to other game modes and not keep it time-restricted. The larger community was hoping for the sandbox in February. I really don't know what to make of it really - whatever happens, it feels like people will argue that whetever they've done has broken the game due to what's already happened. Strikes will come more relevant in this update with the modifiers but if unique rewards haven't come in Feb they must come with this update in March for all strikes. Nightfall challenge cards sounds decent.

May

It's now been confirmed DLC2 drops at the same time as this update, alongside the new Season 3. Crucible rankings and Private Matches are really needed to give Crucible a purpose. I think its still too vague to say if it will be a good update but as DLC will drop at the same time, this is possibly the perfect time for most people that want to come back to a shitload of changes and have a larger pool of stuff to grind. Also, we will get the 2nd raid lair so 3 raids to play by May.

I really hope this game starts to deliver now. We all miss that one game to bring everyone together. Its still a solid shooter, maybe the break might give people the air they need to see this game turnaround. Just hope to God they deliver these succesfully AND give us more stuff to have fun with (they still haven't mentioned Crimson Days, hidden quest-style stuff to find and new co-op activities, all of which have been confirmed).

I'm rather hoping that as a clan we jump back on this game. Maybe a little naive but, here's to hoping.

The thing I most enjoyed was the time we spent trying to do the raid and crubical matches, and just generally messing around with the likes of @Diddums @Amnotright @GazzaGarratt @Misneach_ and everyone else.

I felt we had more fun with Destiny 2 than we do with the likes of Overwatch. It was less intense and generally very funny and my hope is that as a community we can give it another go in the next couple of months.

It's good to be sweaty try-hard on Overwatch and by all means Overwatch is a brilliant, brilliant game. I just think we need to also balance it out with silly shit in games like Destiny 2. It's fun when we all work as a team to try and beat a game, and fail absolutely fucking miserably, but in doing so nearly piss ourselves laughing.

I'm going to get back on this game. Around Feb / March there will be more content and I think more fun to be had as a clan, if we're up for it.

Agreed, and I sincerely hope that the game returns to form. Density did provide hours and hours of entertainment for us and I do miss that, I just hope that D2 can come close.

Shut up Leigh. It's crap.

banlol.png

3 minutes ago, Diddums said:

Agreed, and I sincerely hope that the game returns to form. Density did provide hours and hours of entertainment for us and I do miss that, I just hope that D2 can come close.

Shut up Leigh. It's crap.

Stream the Destiny FG games, would be hilarious. Plus, don't forget to log into Twitch and follow Forever Gaming:18_kissing_heart:

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Desperately needed : Solo player queue for crucible

Going to be delivered: crucible quitter penalties

Thanks Bungie that will help 😀

I guess I will return at some point (May perhaps) but I thought I might do some IB this time around and can’t bring myself to put the disc in

Enjoying this iron banner more than expected and it's definitely a welcome change from cod, moving forward I agree with what's been said, nothing better in gaming for me than pissing about and listening to the shit talk that goes on. Destiny hopefully brings more opportunities for that.

Some clearer updates coming out from the TWAB yesterday.

Nightfall scoring and Challenge Cards along with Raid Specific Loadouts that will replace the current Prestige raid system.

When i get chance I'll summarise the changes from Bungie.

Via the FG App

Nightfalls will have 3 parts - Scoring, Challenge Cards and Rewards.

Scoring
- Scoring is team-based and the sum of individual performances.
- A team should be able to focus on what works best, not feeling put out by who stole whose kill.
- Scoring is primarily driven by kills and secondarily by orb generation.
- Score bleeds over time. We are watching this closely — score decay can feel bad, but all else being equal, a team that clears faster than another team should score higher. Score decay achieves this in the most transparent fashion.
- Scoring cuts off after time thresholds. At 15 minutes, new points earned are reduced by 50%. At 18 minutes, you stop earning new points and it’s a race to finish the run and post your score. They want to avoid some of the problems they saw with Prison of Elders, where a “high score” might involve punishing respawning combatants (and yourself) for a few hours until the novelty wore off. A good Nightfall clear shouldn’t feel like a slog.

They want it to be a competitive activity but when released it is just scoring. My guess is ranked scoring may come in May.

Challenge
On top of the above mechanics are Challenge Cards, items that offer ways to boost the challenge in exchange for score multipliers.
02082018_Strike_Scoring_2.jpg
It looks as like the Challenge Cards will attach to your Ghost slot. Not sure if you can get more than 1 at any one time.

Rewards
- Scores will be retained on new Nightfall Emblems available as drops in each Nightfall strike.
- These emblems (and others like them) are now the source of auras, which are automatically enabled if your personal score is above a global threshold.
- Along with the aura, a personal score over the threshold will also unlock a fireteam-wide buff that boosts Vanguard Token drops in that strike by 25%.
- As long as one person has the aura, all fireteam regardless of completion will get the buff.
- They've also added some further rare variants of these Nightfall Emblems for higher scores. Nothing much is known hoe different these are.

My thoughts - Another decent addition. Makes use of wasteful auras. Still needs to be linked to a leaderboard or something else to make worthwhile, most likely in May.

Raid Prestige is Changing

Reason for delay of release is down to this rework. My view is I think as they have an issue with 1) lockout issues related to non-DLC
2) need more reasons for playability

Each week they'll be one Prestige raid at random. They will be a curated locked loadout. An example of what it could look like is below

Week 1

Raid Activity: Eater of Worlds

Modifier: Marksman. Precision damage is increased. Landing a precision shot grants one ammo directly to the magazine.

Required Loadout:

Kinetic: Hand Cannon

Energy: Scout Rifle

Power: Linear Fusion

Another decent idea but there should be a way to incorporate multiple prestige challenges at once so you have different choices each week.

Via the FG App

Updated roadmap came out a few days ago:

destiny-2-roadmap-revised-18ee83cb-8037-

I pretty much figured when it was announced the unique rewards would be delayed. They're learning from a business sense to communicate a bad message at the right time - most people have stopped asking about things now in Destiny so them to delay the unique NF rewards went mostly under the radar.

The most noise (if you could call it that now) is around Mods 2.0 that has dropped off the map and is likely to be 'very soon' after May's release.

Some good news in some form should be that the unique rewards are likely to be weapons rather than useless emblems and shaders. Looking forward to trying the Nightfall Scoring mechanism tomorrow for a change.

8 hours ago, The3rdWalker said:

I have to admit I totally forgot there was even a Destiny 2. emoji854.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know, same here a little :(

32 minutes ago, MrBiron said:

I'll pick this game up again when we get the super deluxe edition with all the DLC and when Bungie have finally got their shit together and made it the game it should have been.

I totally understand that. In May here's hoping starting to game then will prove a better experience.

Even MoreConsole in his latest video says its dead.

I'll pop in it every now and again to check out the updates. 6v6 Iron Banner at the end of this month could be worth trying in a party to see if it makes a difference at all.

Updated Road Map moves Heroic Strike modifiers back to May

03152018_Development_Roadmap.jpg

Pretty disappointing in one way because I've been waiting to properly try strikes for this but in another vain, May should be the time most others give D2 a chance again.

Chris Barrett said it was a major fault that causes the delay but now means they can add to it. I don't doubt a fault but arguably it feels inevitable they would always have faults as its probably still in early dev phase. They need to use the time to string the right rewards to this activity.

Via the FG App

Heroic Strike modifiers means..? 

It changes up the strike to make it more challenging or more fun, elemental burns, non replenishing shields, your mele is stronger, you take more damage in the air, shit like that.

I said when I first saw the road map that I would probably play the game again in May, and it seems that hasn't changed.

Via the FG App

BEARDED, FOR HER PLEASURE

1 hour ago, RLPK said:

The only real reason I will get back into this game is if it adds worthwhile content and an actual reason to keep playing.

That is all.

I understand that. I really want to know what the new activity is due around the next DLC. Talk of a horde but honestly right now, i'd take any replayable type of mode that has a progression system.

9 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:

I understand that. I really want to know what the new activity is due around the next DLC. Talk of a horde but honestly right now, i'd take any replayable type of mode that has a progression system.

I miss striving to find a god-roll, I miss re-doing the older raids (pre-Age of Triumph) just for the sheer fun of it.

D2 just doesn't have that. Static rolls, boring as fuck raid, just generally dis-interesting endgame.

This game was so heavily balanced towards catering to casuals, and the competitive PvP crowd that they lost touch with everyone in between.

The "Infinite" Forest was the PERFECT setup for a horde-type mode, and even the locations very name was quickly proved to be bullshit.

That being said I still have the game installed because DLC 2 is already paid for.

I am nearing my breaking point with this game, honestly.

Updated Roadmap up to September.

D2_Development_Roadmap_4_10_3.jpg

I'll come back and write up some stuff later.

Some good confirmations mentioned on this though. Finally.

Via the FG App