Mob spawners

Sennex

So I built on top of a massive fortress/ dungeon.

I have 12 mob spawners currently. (I broke them and then gave myself them in creative.)

If you guys want, we can use them to set up a mob farm. I have no idea how to do that as I typically get XP through other means, but it might be fun to figure out and build for folks.

Do you guys have any interest in this?

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

Says the guy that steals peoples houses.

@GazzaGarratt - Mob spawners create mobs when a players is within 16 blocks, when you kill the mobs you get XP and whatever the mob drops. Its in the vanilla game so its not cheating, regardless of what the house thief says. 

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

XP wise I don’t know if there is any difference between the mobs.  Drop wise though, it is only really skeletons for the bows, arrows and bones and witches for their glowstone dust and redstone dust.

Maybe spiders too but I can’t see anyone needing to craft a huge amount of bows.  The string can make wool blocks but a sheep farm is easier.

I don’t think we need large amounts of gunpowder and rotten flesh is useless to everyone so we can probably ignore creepers and zombies.

I haven’t used a mob farm for xp in a long time but I think the general method is the same.  Use a water elevator and then drop them.  It’s something like a 25 block drop kills them so drop them 24 and you can one hit kill the mobs with anything.  If you drop the mobs on to a half slab with a hopper underneath which runs off to a few chests and all the drops will get stored for you too.

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png