World of Warcraft night

Diddums

So now that we have a few more converts to the PC master race I was thinking of doing a WoW night just to fuck about on. You can download the game for free which I think is a trial for 2 weeks or level 15 or something although this may have changed (been 4 years or so). For me personally it's hands down one of the best games I've ever played but again this was many years ago and apparently it's been dumbed down to cater to filthy casuals, which makes it easier for us idiots to get in to. The beauty of it is that not only is it free, but because the graphics are straight from 2005, it'll run on a calculator. 

What say you? You guys up for it?

@GazzaGarratt@Stretch616@Amnotright@crispymorgan@phil bottle@tronic44 - Please tag anyone I've missed.

banlol.png

4 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Absolutely mate. I suppose I need to get my arse in gear and find that spare night to build.

Do it tonight. And no, I'm not joking. With the resources you have available you can have that baby up and running in two hours flat and that's taking it slow. You'll have all of us on call to help you out as well as millions of youtube videos. You don't need a wristband, build it on your cooking island and you'll be fine. I've built enough PCs to build a stairway to the moon and I've never worn or fucked anything up. They're mainly for very heavy staric areas and surfaces like shaggy carpet and stuff.

Do it. 

banlol.png

Do it tonight. And no, I'm not joking. With the resources you have available you can have that baby up and running in two hours flat and that's taking it slow. You'll have all of us on call to help you out as well as millions of youtube videos. You don't need a wristband, build it on your cooking island and you'll be fine. I've built enough PCs to build a stairway to the moon and I've never worn or fucked anything up. They're mainly for very heavy staric areas and surfaces like shaggy carpet and stuff.
Do it. 

I may just do that then!

....let's see what we play though first [emoji6]

I love World of Warcraft. I have quite a few characters.

My laptop isn't really doing well on the games front. I've been thinking about building a PC. I'd like to stick it on my entertainment center and play it on the same TV I play my PS4 on. That would be ideal. [emoji4] Maybe I'll make a PC help thread at some point. Don't really know what I'm looking for.

Via the FG App

I love World of Warcraft. I have quite a few characters.

My laptop isn't really doing well on the games front. I've been thinking about building a PC. I'd like to stick it on my entertainment center and play it on the same TV I play my PS4 on. That would be ideal. [emoji4] Maybe I'll make a PC help thread at some point. Don't really know what I'm looking for.

Via the FG App

DO IT!!

Unless they changed it, US won't be able to play with Brits in WoW.

Dave and I tried it ages ago, and its Cross Region. I would suggest making 2 groups

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

2 hours ago, Sennex said:

Unless they changed it, US won't be able to play with Brits in WoW.

I think we can make characters on EU servers... maybe? I recall there being a tab to switch regions, but I'm not sure what happens beyond that. Assuming that's still a thing. Or ever was.

From WoW Customer support:

Yes and no. You can play on the EU servers with your Battle.net account, but not your North American WoW account. You would need to purchase and pay for a separate EU WoW account in order to play on the EU servers. You could alternately continue to play your NA WoW account from the EU; there's nothing (other than network latency) preventing you from doing so.

'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

yea it is. I would love to play again with an active group, but I am not going to spend the cash on it when I have already spent so much over the years.

I hate to admit it but this is one of those things I ask Blizzard about around once a year.

I think they still have that "free to level 20" thing, but not really any good if one ever wants to do some pvp. There's also that token thing where in-game you buy tokens that can be used for game time, but the markets are fucked up and it's stupidly expensive to the point where you mostly would just have to spend most of the month farming gold to pay for another month.

I would love to give Legion a go, but I'm in the same boat where I don't really want to spend the money on it. Especially considering I know I'm not likely going to playing with anyone and I really don't want to make randos suffer through my re-learning how to heal. 

Talos forgive me. I did it.

I bought a game card so I wouldn't have to remember to cancel my sub if I don't play much within two months. I was just going to plug my way through Warlords of Draenor and not worry about Legion. That got kind of boring so I went back to my alt shaman that's been languishing in Hellfire Peninsula for years because that place is the worst and took her to Northrend to level her through there cause you can do that now. It was good times. Then I bought Legion yesterday because reasons. I'm just past the starting quests and I'm pretty sure I've been sucked in again. 

I have the Doomhammer. 

21 minutes ago, Rumelylady said:

Talos forgive me. I did it.

I bought a game card so I wouldn't have to remember to cancel my sub if I don't play much within two months. I was just going to plug my way through Warlords of Draenor and not worry about Legion. That got kind of boring so I went back to my alt shaman that's been languishing in Hellfire Peninsula for years because that place is the worst and took her to Northrend to level her through there cause you can do that now. It was good times. Then I bought Legion yesterday because reasons. I'm just past the starting quests and I'm pretty sure I've been sucked in again. 

I have the Doomhammer. 

What server?

i7 7700k, 16GB RAM, GEFORCE 1080, 240GB SSHD, 2TB SSD