Iron Banner Season 2

GazzaGarratt

The game is Control!

This will be the first time Lord Saladin returns to the Tower in Season 2. There have been some changes to how you’ll go about decorating your Guardian with relics of the Iron Lords. 

First, we are adding new items to the engrams you will find waiting for you when you visit Lord Saladin. There will definitely be Season 2 weapons in the Iron Banner Engram and we will be adding more in the next event. Here is a look at what rewards you can expect to earn next week.

81852269e8a5365b030b3246d9e25804.jpg

Hand Cannon

6324b31da0535bffcac40d671482fb78.jpg

Scout Rifle

a99c8f0e151c7241471397bc9077f74d.jpg

Shotgun

494b2bccee9437f856a50d9587ca244c.jpg

The only thing not pictured is the Iron Banner ship. We’ll save that for when you discover it yourself.

If you are missing items from last season, they will still drop as possible rewards from the engram. There is also a new emblem that tracks how many lifetime rank ups for Iron Banner you have earned in Destiny 2. You can earn it by completing the Iron Banner Milestone. 

We've received a lot of feedback from previous Iron Banner events that players preferred a way to directly acquire items. We have added the ability to obtain armor and three different weapons from Lord Saladin during each event. Here is what he has to offer next week.

d7aed538f6b2d79c1bbda1851c13f57f.jpg

The final way to earn rewards is by completing challenges. Ornaments are available for all your Iron Banner gear and you can unlock them by completing various objectives for Lord Saladin.

01252018_IB_Gear_1.gif?cv=3983621215&av=

Season 2 Ornaments

There are no limits to how many engrams you can acquire or how many tokens you can earn. Get as much playtime as you can during the week. It will always move you a little closer to opening another engram, earning an ornament, or purchasing a piece of gear from Lord Saladin. Go nuts!

I think all of the changes they've made not to lock out loot and make it all available for the first IB of Season 2 is the right change.

The armour ornaments look stunning. Not see many as good as those.

Apparently the Shotgun is going to be one of the best weapons. Looking forward to going back for a few games.

14 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:

I think all of the changes they've made not to lock out loot and make it all available for the first IB of Season 2 is the right change.

The armour ornaments look stunning. Not see many as good as those.

Apparently the Shotgun is going to be one of the best weapons. Looking forward to going back for a few games.

After seeing more console video earlier I think im going to try some iron banner, after such a long break and so much cod it will be a nice change. I like some of the other changes too. So if you want to do some ib hit me up @GazzaGarratt

After seeing more console video earlier I think im going to try some iron banner, after such a long break and so much cod it will be a nice change. I like some of the other changes too. So if you want to do some ib hit me up [mention=312]GazzaGarratt[/mention]

Absolutely Gaz, definitely will party up.

Good news it's control which always makes it more fun.

Let's hope for a few full parties this week coming.

Alongside this, there's options to start grinding for Masterwork Armour as well.

For the first time in quite a while i'm looking forward to a few games on Iron Banner this week.

Once someone logs on we should share the Ornament Challenges on here as they look like something decent to grind and work towards.

Well Gary and I got hammered most of the night! Still pretty half decent PvP though, we were both 80/90% above 1k/d and capping flags so we were abit gutted not to win many. It was pretty solid with either the Positive Outlook AR or the Uriel's Gift AR.

Even had a 4 stack for abit with Diddums and Rico. (Yes you read it right, 4 actual people playing Destiny 2).

The last ornament challenge is win 25 matches which may take some time based on tonight's showing [emoji23]

Via the FG App

Yeah we lost all but 1 game but it's more because map knowledge is non existent and the only people playing these days are true sweats. However it was a nice change and the banter was good which is why we played destiny in the first place and after being insta-sniped on cod constantly having proper gun fights made a welcome change.

2 hours ago, techno said:

Yeah we lost all but 1 game but it's more because map knowledge is non existent and the only people playing these days are true sweats. However it was a nice change and the banter was good which is why we played destiny in the first place and after being insta-sniped on cod constantly having proper gun fights made a welcome change.

Yeah,sorry Gaz, we seemed to get a few more wins once you left 😂

I agree with the gunfights, I only felt one game out of around 12 was 'broken' to use your words.

I picked up the IB arms that were Masterworks added which was a bonus and the Scout Rifle which apparently is the best in that archetype.

A team of 4 together with some practice on the mapas again sounds ideal.

12 hours ago, techno said:

Much better today, won most games and finally felt like I'd got my aim back.

Glad it went well. I think you can easily forget the basics of holding 2 control points all the time rather than going for the third one. The map on the Dreadnought is a prime example, hold A and B as they have to come over the big void to B which you can cover pretty easily, as well as the covering A from a distance on the left.

One of the Ornament challenges is 25 wins so hoping to get some more tonight.

The map on the Dreadnought is a prime example, hold A and B as they have to come over the big void to B which you can cover pretty easily, as well as the covering A from a distance on the left.

One of the Ornament challenges is 25 wins so hoping to get some more tonight.

I got a great clip from the start spawned at c ran over pulse grenade b oh look all dead flip spawns and match was over shaxx called it lol

Via the FG App

Honestly, last night the few games we played was superb. 4 stack@Diddums@mikepjbell@Rico was fantastic. They are close games to the last minute but we all felt in control and attacked together on certain points to keep hold of the game.

One late game was with Rico and a real tough one losing for most of the game but our team stacked supers at the right time to take all control points and swing the game.

I'll put up a few results tonight but its been a refreshing change for sure.

Via the FG App

Also, the ornaments grind is set really well I think. I've got 2 so far but the other's will take some time as they are related to wins, grenades, melee, etc.

And the upgrade to the armour looks a significantly better than standard armour.

I like the fact its a struggle to get all armour, weapons and challenges in the week. Makes you want to play it but also incentive to come back for the next Iron Banner.

Via the FG App

Iron Banner is back from today so you can continue with your season 2 Iron Banner ornaments for the week.

Personally, I think I need 2 more ornaments challenges myself on the armour and looking to pick up the Auto Rifle as well.

1 hour ago, NCA-Paendrag said:

You on tonight? 

Wasn't intending to play Destiny tonight, more like over the next few days. Depending on how I feel I might jump on for a few games.

6v6 IB is absolutely fantastic and a real progression towards a return to D1 Crucible.

Admittedly some of the maps feel a bit tight and due to that, quite chaotic, but I think as time passes, we'll see maps released that cater to 12 players running around more.

Teamshotting is less of a problem I've found, which is only a good thing.

Via the FG App

1562265543_Starletlogsig.png.19b3c199efb193f2f7d11a161bf5a2d6.png

On 18/04/2018 at 10:20 AM, Bluebear said:

6v6 IB is absolutely fantastic and a real progression towards a return to D1 Crucible.

Admittedly some of the maps feel a bit tight and due to that, quite chaotic, but I think as time passes, we'll see maps released that cater to 12 players running around more.

Teamshotting is less of a problem I've found, which is only a good thing.

Via the FG App

Good to hear teamshooting isn't an issue. I do think they will have already factored in larger maps in Warmind. Its clear from the feedback I've seen that 6v6 is the right way to go for at least Iron Banner.

I had a really good night on Banana a few days ago. I can feel the Go Faster update straight away when I use the Titan jump. Equally playing 6v6 whilst learning the new PvP meta is quite difficult but also refreshing. It absolutely forced me to use a primary Pulse Rifle (Vigilance Wing ofc) and I then felt good with The Last Hope (i think its called) Sidegun.

6v6 specifically isn't dramatically different to 4v4 which is pretty obvious however having 2 more spots on each team allows for more differing skill levels which means you can always find guardians around that you can take advantage of.

Some spawn spots weren't helpful but that was because a control point flipped at nearly the same time. Adding a rank system to this in the future if possible would be brilliant.

I feel the Graviton performs better than Vigilance in pvp personally, but I've been killed by the Vigilance enough. 

Last Hope was good in pve but can't seem to kill anything with sidearms or handcannons in pvp. 

Think I even got rid of it. Was a Mastery one too. Got a new one last night. (without mastery) 

Can't say I feel a big Go Faster difference tbh. I have only played with the Warlock though. Might glide further in the air.