Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
J4MES OX4D

Best Fighting Game Right Now?

Recommended Posts

Nice to see plenty on the market now and all looking pretty good. It's been a long time since I got invested in one and I feel like having another crack. I did get Injustice 2 earlier in the year but had to trade it in as I didn't have time but am still interested in picking it up again. There's also Tekken 7, Street Fighter V and the new Dragon Ball game. Really not sure which one would be more suitable - I am not as young as I once was so my reflexes might not be up to much so one with a reasonable learning curve would be ideal and something with a good campaign component too would be welcome. Injustice 2 is probably the most suitable but I fear it may overwhelm me too much.

 

Any feedback would be much appreciated! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can only speak for Injustice 2 but its a great game. Story mode is ace, Multiverse is great, gear is done properly and the online is really solid. Combo timing is quite forgiving also which really helps when trying to learn new strings.

 

I held off on SFV as the game basically wasn't complete when they released it. Now that the arcade version has been released I'm looking to try and get into it, however that'll mean a new arcade stick or a converter for my ps3 one. I'm just a bit hesitant to spend 40 quid on it if it doesn't work

 

Guilty gear is a solid game from what I've seen and is pretty cheap now too.

 

I'd honestly play fighting games more but there's generally not a lot of people on here that are interested in them

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I managed to pick up Injustice 2 standard edition for £11 so I grabbed that but definitely open to exploring the others games too. DBZ looks entertaining but I may wait to see if I can get that cheaper and the only real thing putting me off SFV was the DLC BS in the original version but now the Arcade (GOTY ver basically) edition is out; that makes it a more attractive purchase. 

 

I may leave Tekken 7 aside - although I grew up with the series and the new game is supposed to be decent; the story elements aren't quite as deep as Injustice or as interesting as SFV and jumping into the online element now would no doubt see my arse spanked! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, J4MES OX4D said:

I managed to pick up Injustice 2 standard edition for £11 so I grabbed that but definitely open to exploring the others games too. DBZ looks entertaining but I may wait to see if I can get that cheaper and the only real thing putting me off SFV was the DLC BS in the original version but now the Arcade (GOTY ver basically) edition is out; that makes it a more attractive purchase. 

 

I may leave Tekken 7 aside - although I grew up with the series and the new game is supposed to be decent; the story elements aren't quite as deep as Injustice or as interesting as SFV and jumping into the online element now would no doubt see my arse spanked! 

If you're going to be on PS4 for this then hit me up for a few games. This thread has resurrected my interest again and I'm getting back on it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Stretch616 said:

If you're going to be on PS4 for this then hit me up for a few games. This thread has resurrected my interest again and I'm getting back on it!

I had to get the PC version as my PS4 is on its last legs sadly which is why I don't even have PSN. If I ever need any tips and tricks though, you're the man! Many thanks Stretch:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, J4MES OX4D said:

I had to get the PC version as my PS4 is on its last legs sadly which is why I don't even have PSN. If I ever need any tips and tricks though, you're the man! Many thanks Stretch:)

No worries Dude. Hope you get on ok with it. I'm no expert by any means by I do enjoy having a good dabble.

 

Superman is the best starter character from what I remember. I'm just far too deep down the rabbit hole with Batman, Green Lantern and Joker at the moment. Will start to look at another character when they release the TMNT DLC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy