What would you do?

GazzaGarratt

9944cc91f1e85c4c53ae7b94983602a9.jpg

What would you do?

I'm geniunely interested in what you guys think (yes, i know what we'd really like to do [emoji14]) as to if you were in charge how would fix things and move forward to try and save the franchise.

They have a business need to hit targets still but for me, it was just a subtle change of priorities to which thing to deliver first.

No doubt stuff takes a long time to develop, so to try and keep people at bay, adding strike modifiers and potentially strike loot if there was time would've kept the game grind going and make a key part of the game massively relevant.

I'd have been happy to wait for other stuff then, even like Raid specific perks on armour.

I loved the tower.  It felt like home, the new place is too big, I hate it.  So lets go home.  How about missions to get parts to rebuild each week?

Once you have a weapon, you have it, there's no need to try and get a better version, so bring back the 'God Roll" lottery, at least it gave a reason to re-run stuff.

What I want is Destiny 1 with regular content.  Big maps are pointless if there is no story.  So break it down into smaller story rich encounters.

20 hours ago, crispymorgan said:

I shall also buy a monkeybike......

Somehow make PvP 6v6 and break up the game modes.

As crispy said random roll on loot, bounties for materials/ tokens to buy weapons from vendors.

Weapons classes like D1 also make the level actually count..... hold on im just describing destiny 1..crispy was right D1 with new content and non of this participation award crap. If there's weapons to get that require teammates then I organise a fireteam.

I would stop making useless social spaces

I would start killing off vangaurd, and get the factions involved WAY more. I mean missions, story-lines, and attacks

I would bring back Ammo Synths

I would stop making leveling useless. If you go to a starter zone, and are max level, you will curb stomp everything.

More Melee weapons. Also LMG's would be back

Weapons would be broken into 4 classes, Primary, Secondary, Pistol, and Heavy

Weapon upgrades would be completely different. All scopes/ sights would be available for a weapon, all barrel types, all Magazine types, and I would add in Fore-grip, and Stocks. All of them would have to be unlocked through either use, or weapon parts (not sure which).

Shaders would not be lost when used, but keep them as 1 per armor piece.

Those are my thoughts before I get coffee, I might add to this later

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

I'd sack Luke Smith and bring in a game director who isn't out of their depth with online gaming. 

The more time they have to spend fixing Destiny 2, the worse off Destiny 3 will be. The amount of time they dedicated on improving and giving the original some meat clearly made this game suffer with only the art team shining for their efforts. Everything else is rushed, threadbare and cluelessly implemented. 

Like I’ve said before Eververse has to go. Show the community that you are listening to us on this. No one thinks is a good idea. Micro transactions are ruining gaming all together 

Bring back the grind. Random rolls on weapons. Hard as fuck nightfall’s but rewarding. 

Fimd a way somehow to separate PvE and PvP. 

45 minutes ago, TigerBurge said:

Like I’ve said before Eververse has to go. Show the community that you are listening to us on this. No one thinks is a good idea. Micro transactions are ruining gaming all together  

This wont happen sadly - if anything it'll only get more prominent. They recently filled a position for a Senior Progression Designer and the Eververse aspect was something that this role is to push for the long term. From what I remember of the job advertisment; monetisation was a main factor plus the Eververse even has its own dedicated in-house team. 

This is also Activision we're talking about. 

20 hours ago, J4MES OX4D said:

This wont happen sadly - if anything it'll only get more prominent. They recently filled a position for a Senior Progression Designer and the Eververse aspect was something that this role is to push for the long term. From what I remember of the job advertisment; monetisation was a main factor plus the Eververse even has its own dedicated in-house team. 

This is also Activision we're talking about. 

Didn’t say it was going to happen. He asked what would we do?

The loot box system is coming under a lot of pressure here. Several states are looking into it it now.  Hawaii has already started to compile data on the gambling aspect of it. 

53 minutes ago, TigerBurge said:

The loot box system is coming under a lot of pressure here. Several states are looking into it it now.  Hawaii has already started to compile data on the gambling aspect of it. 

An in-game shop isn't really connected to gambling though. Microtransactions have been around for many years now and even if regulation did come in which nipped loot boxes in the bud for good; companies like Activision will always find a loophole - this coming from a company that patents matchmaking manipulation through supply drops algorthmic rigging. There's more chance of Bungie going than a revenue stream like the Eververse.  

I'm probably on a different plane on this but if be more than happy for the microtransactions (cosmetics only) to stay if it provided more fruitful free additional content. D2 felt stale pretty quickly and the participation awards took out the, must get on and do feel of D1.

4v4 PvP effectively killed that game mode for me. I really enjoyed the bullshit laggy games as I could roll in a 6 stack and have a great crack whilst doing it.

Lastly (and most important for me), the raid just didn't have that "feel" for me. All of the D1 raids had an epic sort of feel and VoG will go down as one of my all time gaming top moments.

In short, they need a reboot of the series not a reskin.

10 hours ago, J4MES OX4D said:

An in-game shop isn't really connected to gambling though. Microtransactions have been around for many years now and even if regulation did come in which nipped loot boxes in the bud for good; companies like Activision will always find a loophole - this coming from a company that patents matchmaking manipulation through supply drops algorthmic rigging. There's more chance of Bungie going than a revenue stream like the Eververse.  

Online purchases are not. When it’s RNG based it’s no different than playing a slot machine. 

I loved the tower.  It felt like home, the new place is too big, I hate it.  So lets go home.  How about missions to get parts to rebuild each week?
Once you have a weapon, you have it, there's no need to try and get a better version, so bring back the 'God Roll" lottery, at least it gave a reason to re-run stuff.
What I want is Destiny 1 with regular content.  Big maps are pointless if there is no story.  So break it down into smaller story rich encounters.

Love the idea of rebuilding parts of the city via quests and missions. We're finally getting some hidden quests like Black Spindle at least which is a very good start. Lets also hope they are working on a way to access the old maps like the Cosmodrome.

Somehow make PvP 6v6 and break up the game modes.
As crispy said random roll on loot, bounties for materials/ tokens to buy weapons from vendors.
Weapons classes like D1 also make the level actually count..... hold on im just describing destiny 1..crispy was right D1 with new content and non of this participation award crap. If there's weapons to get that require teammates then I organise a fireteam.

6v6 I'd totally agree with. Here's hoping its prioritised already in the Jan or Feb update rather than the September one.

I would stop making useless social spaces

I would start killing off vangaurd, and get the factions involved WAY more. I mean missions, story-lines, and attacks

I would bring back Ammo Synths

I would stop making leveling useless. If you go to a starter zone, and are max level, you will curb stomp everything.

More Melee weapons. Also LMG's would be back

Weapons would be broken into 4 classes, Primary, Secondary, Pistol, and Heavy

Weapon upgrades would be completely different. All scopes/ sights would be available for a weapon, all barrel types, all Magazine types, and I would add in Fore-grip, and Stocks. All of them would have to be unlocked through either use, or weapon parts (not sure which).

Shaders would not be lost when used, but keep them as 1 per armor piece.

Those are my thoughts before I get coffee, I might add to this later

Faction 'wars' would generate massive interest so with that idea and most others too.

Only thing i probably wouldn't have from your list is melee weapons. They wouldn't really do much difference to gameplay as swords right now are pretty much pointless.

Bring back the grind. Random rolls on weapons. Hard as fuck nightfall’s but rewarding. 

Fimd a way somehow to separate PvE and PvP. 

I'm okay with Eververse staying just at the capacity that it was like in D1 though. I do want them to fix it, however I just wouldn't prioritise it. I'd rather prioritise content over fixing loot with Tess. If theres enough to do around it, you won't look at it.

I agree it will stay but it doesn't have to be like this. Overwatch's model seems to work perfectly. I don't have to buy a single loot box and it won't affect my play or access to new cosmetic stuff.

I would like my money back on my purchase of destiny 2

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

You might have a chance to get one because I didn't realise you've actually played it yet? [emoji8]

On a serious note, I'd argue that the game will be on the right course come April/May. That's if you don't get your refund.

I'm probably on a different plane on this but if be more than happy for the microtransactions (cosmetics only) to stay if it provided more fruitful free additional content. D2 felt stale pretty quickly and the participation awards took out the, must get on and do feel of D1.
4v4 PvP effectively killed that game mode for me. I really enjoyed the bullshit laggy games as I could roll in a 6 stack and have a great crack whilst doing it.
Lastly (and most important for me), the raid just didn't have that "feel" for me. All of the D1 raids had an epic sort of feel and VoG will go down as one of my all time gaming top moments.

Unfortunately a reboot can't ever be on the cards as it would take too long albeit it would be nice to see another update to D1 right now.

I actually think the raids are really well done. I think we just have lost the new 'wow' factor. If they could commit to making 2 to 3 raids by September I think that changes the offering to players; 5 raids available to play.

And after that maybe even raid specific perks, which is due soon anyway, that you get in a raid to help you defeat another raid lair?

Great thoughts all. One thing Datto said today was ensure you re-use all content made. A line he used which i think is spot on is 'We aren't starved of content, we lack replayability.'

Bring back modifiers,challenges and books for strikes, missions and adventures.

Spot on about the raids, like you when I first did VoG was definitely one of my all time best gaming moments..even crota was pretty epic, odd they went downhill from there in the search of ever more odd mechanic's

Via the FG App

11 hours ago, TigerBurge said:

Online purchases are not. When it’s RNG based it’s no different than playing a slot machine. 

This isn't gambling though - you are buying an engram just like in COD when you are buying a supply drop. You know exactly what you are getting for your money - a supply drop to open. It's a raffle/lucky dip format. If the users money was being directly injected into the chance without the 'supply drop' element as a barrier; that would constitute to gambling but Activision have covered themselves very well and I'm sure their legal team have combed over leglislation for years. The ESRB also sadly determined that loot boxes aren't classified as gambling back in November along with other European bodies and this will likely be echoed globally in due course. 

This concept will continue to dominate as the revenue these make eclipse that of base game sales in most cases especially on franchises like COD. 

I'm not sure I understand either, sounds like a lottery ticket is just the same, just the rewards are different. Still gives you the temptation/gambling feeling.

May be best to put that into separate thread for further understanding James so we don't derail the ideas people had for Destiny.