Metal Gear Survive

GazzaGarratt

15 minutes of gameplay from the new Metal Gear Survive game. It's a co-operative multiplayer horde game alongside a Single Player, which is a spin off from the Metal Gear Solid series.

Beta PS Store link

The Metal Gear Survive beta is now available on both PS4 and Xbox One. The beta runs through January 21 and features two maps, three missions, and live events, according to Konami. As described below, those who play the beta will receive in-game bonuses in the full version, should they decide to purchase it.

It looks amazing so i'm definitely going to be trying this out before it goes away. Any thoughts?

I'm a big fan of Metal Gear Solid but this game looks woeful and just shows how out of touch Konami are in the industry. This should be spin-off DLC for MGSV and not a £35 standalone title ripping off the MGS name post-Kojima. Survival games is a saturated and dated genre and to add insult to injury; it's always online and full of microtransaction boosts.

This'll be in the bargain bins after a month I bet just like what happened to Umbrella Corps. It's a really lazy and poor use of the iconic brand along with the impressive Fox Engine and it's assets. Glad this game is getting widespread criticism as Konami really deserve it for the way they've treated the studio, Kojima and the fans. Wish they'd piss off to mobile gaming for good like they said they would.

They'll probably do a Metal Gear Solid Battle Royale game in 2025 knowing them! 

/edit just seen the video stats - 1k likes and 5k dislikes:lol:

11 hours ago, J4MES OX4D said:

I'm a big fan of Metal Gear Solid but this game looks woeful and just shows how out of touch Konami are in the industry. This should be spin-off DLC for MGSV and not a £35 standalone title ripping off the MGS name post-Kojima. Survival games is a saturated and dated genre and to add insult to injury; it's always online and full of microtransaction boosts.

This'll be in the bargain bins after a month I bet just like what happened to Umbrella Corps. It's a really lazy and poor use of the iconic brand along with the impressive Fox Engine and it's assets. Glad this game is getting widespread criticism as Konami really deserve it for the way they've treated the studio, Kojima and the fans. Wish they'd piss off to mobile gaming for good like they said they would.

They'll probably do a Metal Gear Solid Battle Royale game in 2025 knowing them! 

/edit just seen the video stats - 1k likes and 5k dislikes:lol:

I'm willing to give it a go. It's a beta after all and I didn't think it looked that bad. Also, many people here really enjoy the co-operative games and if it's easily accessible and the gameplay is solid then it may be a winner. We'll have to see how much is in the actual full game before we see if £35 is really worth it. I'm open to it - It actually makes me feel like we should go back to Dying Light again.

4 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:

I'm willing to give it a go. It's a beta after all and I didn't think it looked that bad. Also, many people here really enjoy the co-operative games and if it's easily accessible and the gameplay is solid then it may be a winner. We'll have to see how much is in the actual full game before we see if £35 is really worth it. I'm open to it - It actually makes me feel like we should go back to Dying Light again.

If you're looking for a decent co-op experience; there's Dead By Daylight, Payday 2, Killing Floor 2, Divinity Original Sin etc. I'm shocked such popular games like this get so easily overlooked on this forum as the AAA games seems to dominate. 

Dead By Daylight is easily one of the best concepts ever created in gaming. Payday 2 is a great heist-based game with a staggering amount of content. Killing Floor 2 is a zombie shooter similar to COD zombies and Divinity Original Sin is one of the best RPG's ever. All the developers are highly regarded too and provide stunning continued support. All these games can be got dirt cheap too. 

Definitely worth exploring outside of the box if you and others are looking for co-op experiences that are the utmost fun and made by proper developers with passion and in the interest of players. 

6 minutes ago, J4MES OX4D said:

If you're looking for a decent co-op experience; there's Dead By Daylight, Payday 2, Killing Floor 2, Divinity Original Sin etc. I'm shocked such popular games like this get so easily overlooked on this forum as the AAA games seems to dominate. 

Dead By Daylight is easily one of the best concepts ever created in gaming. Payday 2 is a great heist-based game with a staggering amount of content. Killing Floor 2 is a zombie shooter similar to COD zombies and Divinity Original Sin is one of the best RPG's ever. All the developers are highly regarded too and provide stunning continued support. All these games can be got dirt cheap too. 

Definitely worth exploring outside of the box if you and others are looking for co-op experiences that are the utmost fun and made by proper developers with passion and in the interest of players. 

I get that James, but to cater for the wider audience that don't have a PC, which many of this community doesn't have, this is another alternative worth exploring. We haven't played it yet so we don't know how it will handle. If its shit, i'll come back and tell people.

Maybe if you shared more information on all those other games you might find more interest in them. I'll be looking for PC games in the next few months when mine is built.

I get that James, but to cater for the wider audience that don't have a PC, which many of this community doesn't have, this is another alternative worth exploring. We haven't played it yet so we don't know how it will handle. If its shit, i'll come back and tell people.

Maybe if you shared more information on all those other games you might find more interest in them. I'll be looking for PC games in the next few months when mine is built.
Do you have a PC game wishlist?

Or do you need suggestions?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Do you have a PC game wishlist?

Or do you need suggestions?

Good question. I'll think about what types were on my mind and put up a separate thread.

9 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

I get that James, but to cater for the wider audience that don't have a PC, which many of this community doesn't have.

Dead By Daylight, Payday 2, Killing Floor 2 and DoS are all on PS4 which is why I handpicked them out specifically. 

4 hours ago, J4MES OX4D said:

Dead By Daylight, Payday 2, Killing Floor 2 and DoS are all on PS4 which is why I handpicked them out specifically. 

I like the look of Divinity. May see what games are like over the next few months.

Sometimes people here, like you may have read in Site Info, need reminding whats out there. You may think many people won't read it but they really do.

Played this quite a bit yesterday and really enjoying it. It’s proper hard to survive at the beginning and doesn’t get any easier once you’ve made some weapons.

This game is only fun in groups of 2 or more, if you’re playing it on your own then team up.

I should be on a fair bit today 🙂

I've had a bash at this today and my opinion changed wildly.

There's no tutorial of any description and the menu system is confusing to say the least.

When you get in game there's no further explanation of what you have to do other than to defend the mining drill.

The Metal Gear part of the title is the only part of the game that is metal gear bar the Fox engine and the standard sound effects

However.........

I persevered for a 5 or 6 games and then I started to get to grips with it all. There's purposely a lack of ammo in the game so you have to think about when is the right time to use precious ammo and when you go all hack and slash of their ass! The crafting becomes interesting and then makes sense and then you can really think about what the best way to defend the base is, picking from a vast array of different options. Teamwork is not optional in this. You will die or struggle if you run solo or ignore your team mates. 

For me, its been quite enjoyable so far but not sure its a full price purchase. Will give it a bit more play and see how the few levels we have add to the melting pot

It's been quite fun when I've played.

It does feel like a game mode for MGS 5 so I'll be interested to see what else it involves and how much they charge for it.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

It's worth noting that the Beta only gives us access to the side game of the full release and not the proper games itself. How much it would differ is anyone's guess but certainly worth remembering before anybody writes this off

3 hours ago, Stretch616 said:

It's worth noting that the Beta only gives us access to the side game of the full release and not the proper games itself. How much it would differ is anyone's guess but certainly worth remembering before anybody writes this off

Based on a couple of games, if it that's mode mainly then i'd say its reasonable to start charging £25 from new to start. I wouldn't say it's more than that but it would be good to find what extra info is around for any type of support it will have post live?

Want another character to play through? Like most other games? Of course you can, for 1000 SV coins! Which is basically real money! YAY! I can't wait to pay for extra saves. :D

Such a disappointment to read, i knew it have microtransactions but surely not linked to just playing and saving the game.

I said on the Steam forums that Konami will probably charge money for in-game survival items and save game slots so it's of no surprise. I've followed this company's decline and greed for years especially when developing this sorry excuse even for a cash grab. Had the game not been so blantantly awful; I'm sure Konami would have pushed their luck further by charging gamers for starting a new game every time they died or something to that effect. .