MineCraft Communal Build 2

Plumbers Crack

I didn't think you were complaining or anything like that, I just wanted to explain the balancing act again. If my post came across as bitchy or accusatory, sorry about that, it wasn't my intent

We have a few mods I think we can safely ditch, I will put together a list if you all want.

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

Thanks to whoever pimped my house! :lol:

I've put together a row of three on different levels and orientations then knocked them through into a single house to show what I meant earlier. A bit more space while keeping a village feel

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

Maybe Bart logged on and did some pimping? I built a new house next to yours as I didn’t want to touch your designs as I didn’t know what you had planned.

As long as we don’t build too many together then we can keep the right feel going on the build.  Also, on a plus, going with this design things like oak and cobblestone are easy to get when starting out so perfect for starter houses.

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png

10 minutes ago, Greboth said:

Maybe Bart logged on and did some pimping? I built a new house next to yours as I didn’t want to touch your designs as I didn’t know what you had planned.

As long as we don’t build too many together then we can keep the right feel going on the build.  Also, on a plus, going with this design things like oak and cobblestone are easy to get when starting out so perfect for starter houses.

Nope! It was your build I saw... I must have got confused as I came out of the three, saw yours and thought "Aww, that's nice, someone's decorated my first house!" :lol: Looks good though! How long did it take you?

In reality, I don't think any of the four qualify as "medieval" but they look OK...how about if we redefine it as "Olde Worlde of an indeterminate age"?

@Sennex How's your son? If he's feeling better, when would you be able to reset, create a portal to the material world and put a fence around the spawn area you want to work in to get us going? Are you going to be able to keep any redwood saplings :ph34r:?

Oh haha, yeah I built it then got a little carried away with the decorating and making it overgrown :lol: I think the whole thing only took maybe an hour and a half, though some of that was spent running around trying to find vines to make some mossy cobblestone.

I don't think they are too far removed from medieval though, as quick google suggest medieval houses were usually timber framed with wattle and daub, clay infill or if high class then stone.  Obviously on a scale of 8x6 blocks we can't detail the builds too much but that is basically what we've built :) 

25 minutes ago, Greboth said:

I don't think they are too far removed from medieval though, as quick google suggest medieval houses were usually timber framed with wattle and daub, clay infill or if high class then stone.  Obviously on a scale of 8x6 blocks we can't detail the builds too much but that is basically what we've built :) 

I always thought you were high class! :lol::lol:

3 hours ago, Plumbers Crack said:

@Sennex How's your son? If he's feeling better, when would you be able to reset, create a portal to the material world and put a fence around the spawn area you want to work in to get us going? Are you going to be able to keep any redwood saplings :ph34r:?

We have more Dr appointments on Friday 

So lets look at the mods we have and dump the ones we don't use. It will make it easier on the server and our individual machines.

From what I have seen we don't use the following:

Aquaculture

Giacomo's Fishing Nets

I am not sure if you guys use Chisel or Chisel and Bits

'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

18 minutes ago, Sennex said:

We have more Dr appointments on Friday 

So lets look at the mods we have and dump the ones we don't use. It will make it easier on the server and our individual machines.

From what I have seen we don't use the following:

Aquaculture

Giacomo's Fishing Nets

I am not sure if you guys use Chisel or Chisel and Bits

Hope the appointments go well...

I’ll go with your recommendations. I tried using the chisel but couldn’t get the hang of it...I don’t envisage much use for them in a medieval build though

I use it a lot, I can't speak for others though. The mod is meant to add interior and exterior decorations to the game here are screenshots

https://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/chisels-bits/images

I used the fishing nets when trying to catch a puffa fish for a potion.  However, I only used the nets due to getting fed up with all the random stuff I was getting from aquaculture :lol: By the time I was making potions I had the condensor so after that I didn't use either so won't miss them if they go.

Okay, thats 2 mods gone which will help. Let me try a reset tomorrow or saturday, depending on the doctor visit

Via the FG App

I think we should up the size to a full chunk per person.

So 16x16

So if you wall it off then you have 15x15

I am looking into ways to autogen a world that has this mapped out in an area

1 hour ago, Sennex said:

I think we should up the size to a full chunk per person.

So 16x16

So if you wall it off then you have 15x15

I am looking into ways to autogen a world that has this mapped out in an area

Sorry, you’ve lost me here...are you referring to building plot sizes? Is there a particular relevance to having a chunk?

2 hours ago, Plumbers Crack said:

Sorry, you’ve lost me here...are you referring to building plot sizes? Is there a particular relevance to having a chunk?

I don’t think there is any relevance to having a chunk, just that a chunck is 16x16.  If we’re having houses around 8x6 then having a 16x16 plot gives some room to build some extras like the front porch bit like on the house I built on the server.