MineCraft Communal Build 2

Plumbers Crack

Okay, hands up...who's interested and have you any ideas to pitch in?

I personally would favour something smaller than last time but I'm open to suggestions. I can't think of a theme at the moment.

I don't mind doing most of the basic grunt work as long as a few other people commit to at least 2 - 3 hours a week

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

So to me, Minecraft screams medieval styles, so that being said I would say a castle, keep, town, cathedral, etc..

I like stuff from this channel

https://www.youtube.com/user/Madnes64

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

Looked at a couple of videos from the link. I think I could go with that. Easier for others to dip into as well. Might be able to use last years Christmas present on it! :lol:

Any particular map area you fancy building in? Anyone else up for it?

In a few weeks I’ve got a couple weeks off so should have plenty of time to spend on the MC server.  Either to take a look around and do a few bits I want to on the old build or start doing stuff for the new one.

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png

23 hours ago, Plumbers Crack said:

Looked at a couple of videos from the link. I think I could go with that. Easier for others to dip into as well. Might be able to use last years Christmas present on it! :lol:

Any particular map area you fancy building in? Anyone else up for it?

Are we talking map reset for this, or just find a spot and get building?

'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

World reset or new site on this current world? Hmmmm....

For  Reset

Fresh start, all options open, possibly even a new seed

This time around we would know that players would probably be more active, probably even trim the white list

We've learnt from what we've done and can do things differently going forward

New players (Lee and possibly Dax) wouldn't feel constrained by what they see

Against Reset

Those of us who have built up a stash lose it

The builds we have done will be gone for good 

I'd feel a little sad!

I feel it should be a consensus of probably me, Greboth and Bart who decide (Marina is away for a while it seems but I think she would probably go with the majority). If I have to choose, with a heavy heart, I would probably go for the fresh start/new seed but only if it's a unanimous vote from all three of us 

I think I would do a fresh start as well. I would also trim a mod or two to help streamline the whole thing.

I also like the idea of a community area, but with plot sizes of agreed upon size. Some folks tend to build MASSIVE structures, while others build small. 

Personally for me, I have always wanted to work on a sewer and road system for a village. I dont know why, but I do.

7 hours ago, Plumbers Crack said:

World reset or new site on this current world? Hmmmm....

For  Reset

Fresh start, all options open, possibly even a new seed

This time around we would know that players would probably be more active, probably even trim the white list

We've learnt from what we've done and can do things differently going forward

New players (Lee and possibly Dax) wouldn't feel constrained by what they see

Against Reset

Those of us who have built up a stash lose it

The builds we have done will be gone for good 

I'd feel a little sad!

I feel it should be a consensus of probably me, Greboth and Bart who decide (Marina is away for a while it seems but I think she would probably go with the majority). If I have to choose, with a heavy heart, I would probably go for the fresh start/new seed but only if it's a unanimous vote from all three of us 

I agree on a vote from just you guys. I never like the idea of you guys losing all your stuff but maybe a fresh start will give others renewed desire to support the server and get on every now and again. As I said before, once i'm up and running, i'm happy to commit to a Minecraft here and there which we can use Events to co-ordinate.

3 hours ago, Sennex said:

Personally for me, I have always wanted to work on a sewer and road system for a village. I dont know why, but I do.

I always thought the roads were the sewers in medieval times but I’m sure we can accommodate you mate! :lol::lol:

I’m a little late to this though Bart and I have spoken about it in the past.  I am happy to go with whatever and the consensus is for a reset so my vote, for what its worth, is a reset too.  I’m not too fussed about loosing items, a couple hours mining would have the important stuff back.  As for my build, I like it but there’s a number of things I’d change, I just didn’t want to tear down half my build to do it so fresh start ftw.

Starter houses tend to me quite small so maybe plan out spawn with some plot on to limit build size and we can build our starter houses together to make a small village / town.  There’s no reason why people couldn’t then build bigger out in the world but it would potentially give us a nice spawn area.

As for what we do in terms or mods etc. for the reset.  I still don’t understand a lot of the mods, what goes together, what doesn’t or what the server could cope with.  However, for the record, I am happy to go with the same mods, more mods, less mods or even no mods.

@Marineta you good with the reset?

@Sennex should we have a separate thread with some new requests if we start again? We can mention everyone who is whitelisted to see if they are still going to pop on and want to pitch in with any ideas.

1 hour ago, GazzaGarratt said:

@Marineta you good with the reset?

Yes, definitely! I will go with whatever the majority want. I haven't been in the server for a good while... I would like to commit to those 2-3h a week but right now I am finding it a bit impossible. I'm going to miss my cats and dogs though... 😊

Go for it then Bart....reset the resource world as well?

What mods were you thinking of trimming? Are there any mods or skins that make it more “medieval? Will you be keeping the E2 mod now we’ve learnt to use it with moderation  ;):lol:?

I've said it before in one of these threads but normal vanilla end game you can build massive mod farms and automatic farms but I accept due to server limitations that isn't really possible.  So I would like to keep the energy mod (or something similar at least) that we can work towards rather than mine clean the resource world over and over and over.

Also out of interest, what was the difficulty level or this world? I'm guessing it was on easy or normal due to some people being new to MC but wondering if we should increase it.

@Sennex, @Greboth, @GazzaGarratt, @Marineta, @phil bottle

Ok, how does this sound....

Medieval theme...Bart, would you be wiiling to set the spawn area out like a market with traders similar to the current spawn? Maybe include a guild hall, water well or pump, etc?

Then, we can build say small rows of timber framed houses either side of a couple of 3 or 4 block wide roads (not necessarily straight or flat) leading of the market which could eventually peter out

Keep the houses on the roads small in plan, say 5 x 4 maximum but build larger if you want further out...or  build a terrace of 3 or 4 small houses and knock through internally

Keep the Energy mod but restricted as before (1 + 4?), WAILA, the map when you press J, keep inventory on death possibly and warping but trim what else you think necessary Bart?

Try and keep to the theme, but build what you want where you want but reasonably local at first so there is a village vibe going near the spawn

If everybody is happy with that, and Bart doesn’t mind doing the spawn (even mark an out of bounds area to start with), I suggest we hit reset on all three worlds ASAP and go for it. How do you all feel about that?

9 hours ago, Greboth said:

I've said it before in one of these threads but normal vanilla end game you can build massive mod farms and automatic farms but I accept due to server limitations that isn't really possible.  So I would like to keep the energy mod (or something similar at least) that we can work towards rather than mine clean the resource world over and over and over.

Also out of interest, what was the difficulty level or this world? I'm guessing it was on easy or normal due to some people being new to MC but wondering if we should increase it.

Real quick, the only reason this isnt possible is because of mods and money.

If we pay more we get more memory, and can do more.

If we dump mods, and play purely vanilla, then we can sort of do more.

Either way works, also i think I will dump the dynmap mod this time around

Those house sizes are a little small, a 4-5 block house is pretty limiting.

sorry I am not posting more, my kid has pneumonia, so I am bouncing all over the place.

When I get a chance I’ll play with the house sizes and post back

8 hours ago, Sennex said:

sorry I am not posting more, my kid has pneumonia, so I am bouncing all over the place.

Sorry to hear that Bart...hope it clears up soon

I had a quick play and that original size is a bit small... I've put a 7 x 6 house outside the front of the communal build for you all to have a look at (/warp communal) but I think that should be 8 x 6 and the upper floor wants to be 1 block higher. This gives one room upstairs and one downstairs. You could build 2 or three side by side in slightly different styles but don't have the intervening walls if you wanted something bigger but keeping a village look

12 hours ago, Sennex said:

Real quick, the only reason this isnt possible is because of mods and money.

If we pay more we get more memory, and can do more.

If we dump mods, and play purely vanilla, then we can sort of do more.

Either way works, also i think I will dump the dynmap mod this time around

Sorry Bart, I wasn’t moaning or anything like that as I completely understand why we can’t :) Well, maybe not completely understand why but I can wrap my head around the principle of mob farms = high server load and high sever load = bad.  To quote south park; Farms are bad mmmmm’kay :lol: 

As the preference seems to be keep mods then I was really just voting to keep the energy mod so we have a similar ‘end game’ as if we could build farms.

Nice Dave, is that 8x6 the dimensions of the walls or the inside dimensions?  I’ll try and hop on the server to take a look later :)