Black Ops 100,000+ Players

J4MES OX4D

I see the original Black Ops surpassed 100,000 players last night. Not sure where the surge stemmed from but it's great so see such a classic game still being enjoyed today by so many. 
A bunch of guys at work with Xbones all still play their 360 version of BO, that backward compatible thing seems to be more than just a gimmick.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

9 minutes ago, phil bottle said:

A bunch of guys at work with Xbones all still play their 360 version of BO, that backward compatible thing seems to be more than just a gimmick.

I really wish PS4 had backwards compatbility instead of PS Now. Probably the only thing that Microsoft did right over Sony. 

If I ever get an Xbox One; I'm going to revist a host of 360 classics probably more than any of their current catalogue of games! It's a superb feature to have. 

Changing the OS to an entirely new language stopped this. Sony made a great decision and was pretty upfront about not having it before the Ps4 was released. I have a feeling that they will make it a feature from now on though in the next system

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

5 hours ago, J4MES OX4D said:

I see the original Black Ops surpassed 100,000 players last night. Not sure where the surge stemmed from but it's great so see such a classic game still being enjoyed today by so many. 

My guess is that people played WW2, enjoyed BOTG but think that game is shit so wanted to play a decent BOTG COD ;)

fart.gif

On 16/01/2018 at 6:46 PM, MrBiron said:

My guess is that people played WW2, enjoyed BOTG but think that game is shit so wanted to play a decent BOTG COD ;)

You pretty much nailed it, I've found this weekend unless I play war the game is just a broken sweat fest of sbmm unbalanced weapon crap. Id play blops tbh before normal gamemodes in ww2.

Tbh in looking forward to destiny 😆

Not gonna lie, I do miss the speed and the jumping of this game compared to WW2. It doesn't make WW2 a bad game by any means, but the speed of getting round certain maps I enjoyed. They actually feel like 2 completely different games that I wouldn't usually compare as they have too many different components.

2 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Not gonna lie, I do miss the speed and the jumping of this game compared to WW2. It doesn't make WW2 a bad game by any means, but the speed of getting round certain maps I enjoyed. They actually feel like 2 completely different games that I wouldn't usually compare as they have too many different components.

Think your thinking of black ops3, this is the original black ops ,😉

Speaking of black ops 3 I tried it last week only regular lobbies were core tdm. No hardcore lobbies at all

Think your thinking of black ops3, this is the original black ops ,[emoji6]

Speaking of black ops 3 I tried it last week only regular lobbies were core tdm. No hardcore lobbies at all
Whoops! You're right mate, I am. Never played the first Black Ops on MP.

Via the FG App

It's a shame that Modern Warfare 2's player counts are broken as it would be really interesting to see how many are playing that and Black Ops 1 now. It's also a shame that the COD games have censored the player counts and even cut the leaderboards to cover up any embarrassments after Ghosts had less players than BO2 the same weekend after lauch. There is no doubt that more people are playing the old games collectively than are playing the latest one. IW and MW:R were dead after December and WW2 doesn't seem to be massively  popular either. 

2009-2011 with MW2 and BO were definitely the golden age of the series and you'd always see 500,000 to 1.5m on at any given time.  BO doesn't feel dated in the slightest either - it does everything and more than WW2 does today without the supply drop bullshit and competitive focus. The maps are so much better too. MW2 has a lot of hacking problems now which is a shame but it's still as much fun as it ever was when you do get into a stable match.