H&M Hoodie Advert

J4MES OX4D

I agree that is good. However marketing professionals need to, otherwise shit like this happens.

Talk about dumb. They could have gone with a hundred other combo's but they went with monkeys

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

I don't think skin colour is even important for when advertising clothing which makes the advert more baffling. It's just some cheap shitty hoodie probably made in some sweatshop on the other side of the world. Had they just advertised it as a generic unisex hoodie minus the writing or something else without going down the clearly intended racial route; it probably would have sold well and to a far bigger market. I find it bizarre how many retailers keep falling into traps like these and none of them can see the possible conflict regardless of their intent. 

1 hour ago, J4MES OX4D said:

I don't think skin colour is even important for when advertising clothing which makes the advert more baffling. It's just some cheap shitty hoodie probably made in some sweatshop on the other side of the world. Had they just advertised it as a generic unisex hoodie minus the writing or something else without going down the clearly intended racial route; it probably would have sold well and to a far bigger market. I find it bizarre how many retailers keep falling into traps like these and none of them can see the possible conflict regardless of their intent. 

The problem, as I see it through my wife (She works for a marketing firm), is that everyone that designs this crap wants to be seen as progressive and above all this. The problem is that they never hire cynical assholes, like us, to keep them grounded in reality.

'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

Its just a kid wearing a fucking hoody.

Little kids act like monkeys regardless of skin colour. If anything its racist to assume a black kid cant wear it....who is saying black kids are monkeys ? Nobody is saying that. H&M arent saying that....the black is beautiful..well. you know the outrage that would occur if a kid was wearing a hoody saying "white is beautiful"

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Ri855cK.gif

Chookes said:

I absoloutely prefer it this way. You have overall more control. You can finish one guy off first, or all ten

Its just a kid wearing a fucking hoody.

Little kids act like monkeys regardless of skin colour. If anything its racist to assume a black kid cant wear it....who is saying black kids are monkeys ? Nobody is saying that. H&M arent saying that....the black is beautiful..well. you know the outrage that would occur if a kid was wearing a hoody saying "white is beautiful"

I went to say something similar last night. Well said Adam. What I dislike about especially in the UK right now is the amount of people waiting for the next outrage or negative bullshit.

I get their Marketing team could have thought about how society is today and that you have to be careful what you say and do but this just typifies how the world is right now. You have to walk on eggshells all the time. Well, maybe just the UK tbh.

I used to think political correctness was a good thing but now i fucking hate it. Its disgusting and stiffles proper free speech and open discussion.

It needs to be replaced with decency. Saying racist things is just rude and unnecessary, i dont think you need to be a genius to figure that out or have some bellend tell you its wrong. You cant have a differing opinion on anything that falls outside the left wing without being deemed a bigot or a racist these days and that needs to change.

Ri855cK.gif

Chookes said:

I absoloutely prefer it this way. You have overall more control. You can finish one guy off first, or all ten

48 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Well, maybe just the UK tbh.

Nah, this is what the world is like now. H&M have certainly played into the hands of people's modern day mentality here whether it being intentional or not. Surprised they also haven't been lambasted for not using someone that's transgender or identifies and a bag of potatoes. 

What annoys me about incidents like this is it's usually down to race or gender but things like disability are largely ignored still to add some hypocrisy to the mainstream masses of moaners who get offended on the internet. 

That attitude might work in the UK, but not here. 

Here that shit is hateful and racist

If it wasn't hateful and racist then dumb fucks wouldn't use it as a hateful racist term when talking about black people. If you need examples take a look at how Racists talked about Barack Obama. If monkey was an okay term then racists would have used something else.

I guarantee you that here in this country in reference to african americans, Monkey, Ape, Jigaboo, Nigger, etc are all the same

Even Wikipedia lists it as an Ethnic slur:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ethnic_slurs_by_ethnicity

(Just a small list of slurs I hear on a regular basis here)

Ape 
(U.S.) a black person.[10]

Coon 
(U.S. & U.K) a black person. Possibly from Portuguese barracoos, a building constructed to hold slaves for sale. (1837).[16]
Monkey
a person of black African descent.[24] See also Macaca (slur). It also gave rise to the racist "monkey chants" in sports.
Jigaboo, jiggabo, jijjiboo, zigabo, jig, jigg, jiggy, jigga 
(U.S. & UK) a black person (JB) with stereotypical black features (dark skin, wide nose, etc.) Used to refer to mannerisms that resemble dancing.
Jungle bunny
(US and UK) a black person.[23]

Mammy 
Domestic servant of black African descent, generally good-natured, often overweight, and loud.[25]

Nigger / nigra / nigga / niggah / nigguh
(U.S., UK) An offensive term for a black person. From the word negro which means the color black in numerous languages. Diminutive appellations include "Nigg" and "Nigz". Over time, the terms "Nigga" and "Niggaz" (plural) have come to be frequently used between some African-Americans without the negative associations of "Nigger".

-------------

Since we segue'd over to political correctness, I will say this. There isnt' anything wrong with political correctness, the problem is people want to be outraged all the time. So its just one more thing to lash out at for people and to keep the public angry. If you are not an asshole and you don't speak like an asshole, then honestly I can't see how the term political correctness would have any impact on your day.

Unless you just want to be pissed off about something, then sure go nuts. 

Some of the mouth breathers that watch football in the UK do monkey impressions towards black players.

Via the FG App

Yes, racist people exist.

Ri855cK.gif

Chookes said: