Streaming For Forever Gaming

twitch_474x356.png

Hey all, just to let everyone, who doesn’t already, know that we have a forum twitch account which can be used by anyone to stream. I would love for people to use this account but completely understand if people would rather use their own.

If anyone has any interest in streaming games via the FG account, then please contact me and i’ll shoot you off the details. 

Remember you are supporting this community so try and be on your best behaviour, as we’ll be looking to build up a following. 

Anyone who streams will also be expected to interact with their audience, people will leave if no ones answering their questions. When we game in groups, we can all help. It’s the FG way 😀

1 hour ago, The3rdWalker said:

I stream 2-3 days a week, working on getting affiliated so I am unsure if I would like to stream under the FG stream account.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Completely understand dude, that’s no worries at all. We could always host you channel, if that’s something you fancied?

2 hours ago, phil bottle said:

So long as cockney swearing is allowed, I'm in, 'cos I wear gor blimey trousers, son;)

Haha it will be, the twitch account is set to mature.

Personally, I'd be open to streaming on both. I have had an overlay for myself for some time but need the right PC set up at home first.

I also think we should host all FGers streams. We then could dedicate and allow people to have dedicated stredmers on FG's channel on specific nights. By this I mean we could create a stream schedule of what FG looks like and open slots up to people?

More likely then to have a fuller schedule than individuals on their own stream. My 0.02.

1 hour ago, crispymorgan said:

Does anyone have an old capture device kicking about they don't want or would sell cheap?

Via the FG App

Think I've got a Hauppauge knocking about dude. Will have a look later on

23 hours ago, tronic44 said:

Just to give you guys an update on our Twitch achievements....

otXXpOn.png

Great work so far!

We should be able to get affiliated pretty easily, if everyone on here follows us then we should basically be sorted. Streaming for 7 unique days shouldn’t be an issue for us either.

2 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Great stuff to see Rich.

What happens when we're affiliated?

In Twitch's words...

Twitch Affiliate Program
Streaming is fun and games, but it’s also hard work. We recognize our streamers’ dedication and talent, and we’re taking another step forward to ensure Twitch continues to be the best streaming platform in the world for everyone. Introducing… the Twitch Affiliate Program.

The Twitch Affiliate Program puts qualified streamers one step closer toward the dream of making a living from their passions. Twitch Affiliates can start earning income on Twitch while they build their audience and work toward the coveted status of Twitch Partner. 

In Twitch's words...

Twitch Affiliate Program
Streaming is fun and games, but it’s also hard work. We recognize our streamers’ dedication and talent, and we’re taking another step forward to ensure Twitch continues to be the best streaming platform in the world for everyone. Introducing… the Twitch Affiliate Program.
The Twitch Affiliate Program puts qualified streamers one step closer toward the dream of making a living from their passions. Twitch Affiliates can start earning income on Twitch while they build their audience and work toward the coveted status of Twitch Partner. 

Cool, thanks Rich.

We've only 8 followers for the channel so far. I'm sure we can do better. Just regular forumers should be able to take us at least into the 30s or 40s.

Also, I have TwitchPrime through Amazon prime which means I'm able to subscribe to a channel. Which means they pay the channel real money on my behalf. I'm currently subscribed to SadaPlays (he's silly but not a dick and makes me laugh) but I'll switch over next month to fgstreams 👍

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

We've only 8 followers for the channel so far. I'm sure we can do better. Just regular forumers should be able to take us at least into the 30s or 40s.

Also, I have TwitchPrime through Amazon prime which means I'm able to subscribe to a channel. Which means they pay the channel real money on my behalf. I'm currently subscribed to SadaPlays (he's silly but not a dick and makes me laugh) but I'll switch over next month to fgstreams [emoji106]

I'll have a look what I can do on FG homepage to highlight it above and beyond the streams widget we have already. Also,we need to promote it through our other social media. We've started pretty well so far and I've also got the Instagram FG page up and running.

I'll put up a separate post about our arms and where to support FG as the more of us cover off every social space, every little helps to make this place and the stream a fun place to be.

On 13/01/2018 at 11:30 AM, phil bottle said:

Also need to have a think about what gets recorded and saved for viewing, and how long to save things for, and highlights too.

I think videos stay up on twitch for a couple of weeks, you can then make highlights from it and upload that straight to YouTube. I think that’s a safe direction to head in, hopefully YouTube will bring more people over to twitch. 

You also download the whole stream straight from twitch, about 1min after you finish streaming.

I think videos stay up on twitch for a couple of weeks, you can then make highlights from it and upload that straight to YouTube. I think that’s a safe direction to head in, hopefully YouTube will bring more people over to twitch. 

You also download the whole stream straight from twitch, about 1min after you finish streaming.
This is true, there's an option in the Twitch dashboard you have to select to set it up. It's not currently set up to save the video I think. I'm happy to do it though if that's any help[emoji4]

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

3 minutes ago, phil bottle said:

This is true, there's an option in the Twitch dashboard you have to select to set it up. It's not currently set up to save the video I think. I'm happy to do it though if that's any helpemoji4.png

That would be wicked! Tried to look for it the other day but couldn’t find the option anywhere.

That would be wicked! Tried to look for it the other day but couldn’t find the option anywhere.
That's done. It'll store broadcasts for 14 Days. Once affiliated that'll rise to 60 days. We can of course now also take the stored broadcasts and upload the bits we want to keep longer into the highlights section.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

That's done. It'll store broadcasts for 14 Days. Once affiliated that'll rise to 60 days. We can of course now also take the stored broadcasts and upload the bits we want to keep longer into the highlights section.

I've done this a few times which is pretty good to have on there. I've previously then uploaded highlights to YouTube so we can have them in the video section on FG here.

The only issue with Twitch I've found so far is you can't clip mutliple parts together. You'd need to download the whole stream to PC and do it via external software.